ForumsForum GamesHeroes vs. Villains {RPG}

224 37159
Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

SO

This is an RPG that was once somewhat popular in these parts, so I decided to start it up again. Credit for the idea goes to whoever started it (don't remember the name).

2015. In less than a decade, over 15 unique wars have already happened. The world has become more and more violent, and the need for new weapons has become necessary. And so, the top scientists from a few of the world's major countries got together and created an antibody, to be used as a biological. However, the antibody had a variety of different effects on humans, and now these "infected" people have become known as superhumans. One of the most important facts though, is that you are one of them.

Will you use your powers for good, or evil? Using your powers, you can do anything you want. Make a name for yourself as a superhero, become the newest on the world government's wanted list, or simply keep them a secret and go about your life? You decide. However, a word of advice: beware the W.S.E.T.

Name: (Anything you want, 2 to 3 words, try not to make it over 2 characters in all)
Nickname: (What most people call you, can be your own hero/villain stage name, or just a casual, friendly nickname you have)
Age: (17 to 70 years old, please don't have any "immortal" powers)
Affiliation: (Hero or villian; you can even be neither if you want: mercenary, neutral person, etc.)
Power: (Can be anything really, but don't make it too overpowered: it must have a weakness, and it must not be able to destroy a town or wipe out the military)
Health: 100/100
Stamina: 100/100
Hunger: 100/100
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: (Height, body build, weight, hair, eyes, etc., doesn't have to be that specific, just describe your character however you want)
Bio: (A short description of how the player got their powers (Unless they don't have them yet), where they're from, etc.)
Personality: (Basically how the hero/villain reacts to most things, likes/dislikes, etc.)
Honor: (basically how honorable people think you are: if you're a backstabbing traitor, then enemies will go at you full force, while if you give people last requests, admit defeat, etc., then people won't be as fearful of you, and enemies might be more lenient about taking you down.
Reputation: (How well you are known: the higher your reputation, the better gifts you'll receive, but you'll also draw more attention from the enemy)
Fame: (How you are known, basically how good or bad people think you are)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Money: $500 (What do you think it's used for? XP)
Clothing: (Anything you want, as long as it doesn't increase your physical or mental state)
Weapons: None (Anything that you can use for fighting, besides your powers; you can give yourself one signature or weak weapon, but don't make it too powerful)
Equipment: None (Items that can help you in different ways, such as flashlights, bullet-proof vests, rope, etc.)
Aid: None (Any food, drink or drug that can help you)
Other: None (Just, well, random stuff...)

You can pick on of these storylines to start off with:
A) You wake up in a dark alley at about noon, can't remember anything from last night.
B) You wake up in the small, one story apartment in which you live in, to the sounds of knocking on the door, and people yelling outside.
C) You wake up in a small concrete room, tied to a chair with nothing else but a table in front of you with a chair and door on the other side.
D) You wake up at a campsite in a forest in the middle of the night, with nothing but trees around you.
E) Make up your own intro (Can be anything you want, as long as it's something that's either normal or expected from a superhuman).

I shall respond to the first players tomorrow.

• 224 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Name: Blue Wing
Nickname: Blue
Affiliation: Neutral
Power: Animal communication
Stamina: 85/100
Hunger: 90/100
Description: Short, skinny, light, long black hair, Black eyes.
Bio: he was always nice and friendly but somehow also different. didnt have a good relationship with his family and was considered the black sheep. hopes to find some friends he can love and trust.
Personality: Gentle, shy, quiet, calm, likes animals and nature. Different from most people and even though he's friendly, he bonds better with animals.
Honor: 0
Fame: 0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Money: $500
Clothing: T-shirt, jeans
Weapons: None
Equipment: None
Aid: None
Other: None

"ok... im following"

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Zinnaora Pendragon
Nickname: Dark Lady Wolf (Heroic title) or Zin(by friends and family)
Affiliation: Hero
Power: Shadow/darkness manipulation
Health: 85/100
Stamina: 70/100
Hunger: 75/100
Description: She is of average height and weight for a 23 year old. She is built like a man when it comes to the muscles and shoulders. She has black hair that is wavy and kept short. Her eyes are a midnight blue and her skin has the color of someone who loves to be outdoors.
Bio: Zinnaora's mom is a human, and her dad comes from a long line of knights. Neither parent expected their daughter to be born with powers. This made growing up hard for not only was Zinnaora teased for obvious things but also for her powers. This drove her to be the hero that she is now. Zinnaora has been fighting evil for the last six years under the name of Dark Lady Wolf.
Personality: Loyal, easy to anger, playful, quiet, smart
Money: $175
Clothing: Tan hiking boots, camouflaged shirt and pants (w/ a simple leather belt), a necklace that has the fang of a wolf on it and a cross
Weapons: Antique samurai sword, pepper spray, pocket knife, switchblade
Equipment: 5 ft. of rope

I quickly get back up the steps without turning my back on my enemy. Once I am about midway up the steps I take care of the ones that followed me with a couple of duel weapon sweeps.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: Charlie Hewitt
Nickname: None
Power: Biological structure manipulation
Health: 92/100
Stamina: 90/100
Hunger: 95/100
Description: 6'1, scrawny, black hair, blue eyes, pale skin
Bio: Charlie was originally a US Marine, straight out of Germantown, Pennsylvania. However, half of his unit was killed during a surprise attack. A suicide bomber had exploded on the gate killing four men. A large group of hostiles had entered through the gate, causing a large fire-fight. Afterwards, Charlie was nearly killed, and injected with the antibody to save his life.
Personality: Good-natured, talkative, easily-angered, (gotta love those Germans) and he doesn't like snobs or brats.
Fame: 2
Clothing: Black hoodie, black jeans, black shoes.

I reach over, pluck the handcuffs off the desk, and handcuff the guy. "Some serum. I got some DNA that made it go bad when I was wounded over-seas." I point at him for extra effect. "I never showed you that. Now then, I guess I'll just leave this guy here." I'll head back to the destroyed apartment.

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Name: Alan White
Nickname: Shadow knight
Power: The ability to transform into a knight, raven and wolf. He also has the weapon the knights use (Sword/shield, or bow/quiver)
Description: 5"4, lean, 140, brown, bluish-green, Caucasian skin
Bio: Alan was a normal teen-age boy who found him self in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was living in Washington state at the time before he got his ability to transform. He was walking home from his old job at McDonald's when he was grabbed by the military. He was gagged and blinded-folded and throw into the back of the military hummer, where they drove to a undisclosed location. They inject the anti-body into him and put him in a cell, to wait for the effects to activate. When the effect to hold they came back and saw a wolf in the cell, they were about to call him a fail when a doctor said he changed again. They went back to the cell and saw a raven in the there. After that they decided to wait to see what else he would do an he did his third transformation, where they saw a knight in black and silver armor in the cell. But this form had weapons which were us to escape. Now he is living New York, hoping to forget what had happened to him.
Personality: Kind, smart, honorable, hate those you endanger the defenseless.
Clothing: Black shirt, Black jeans, running shoes.
Weapons: Pocket knife (for use when he is not in any of his forms)
Equipment: Flash light, black leather wallet, a watch.
Other: Car keys, DS

The man grins and shows a thumbs up gesture. "Good idea. My car's right over there." He points to a quite nice shiny red car near the end of the street. "Grab what you need and meet me there if you're coming."

Name: Stephan Ichor
Nickname: Nero Disossate Cacciator (Means black boned hunter in Italian)
Affiliation:Mercanary
Power: Dna Tracking, able to track anyone he's come in contact with.
Description: White hair, green eyes, skin is slightly translucent, you can see, especially in his hands, he has black bones.
Bio: Used to be a fisher man until he 1. Realized he could find any one he wanted to, 2. Realized he liked killing people.
Personality: Annoyed by basically anything unexpected.
Clothing: Black gloves, scarf
Weapons: Silver "cleaning" knife

Option A or B? You said both :P

Bio: he was always nice and friendly but somehow also different. didnt have a good relationship with his family and was considered the black sheep. hopes to find some friends he can love and trust.
Personality: Gentle, shy, quiet, calm, likes animals and nature. Different from most people and even though he's friendly, he bonds better with animals.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He nods again. "Alright, good. So, as I was saying, that's where we come in. This group we have here was formed in order to keep people with these super-powers safe, seeing as, usually, not long after people are injected with the virus the government hunts them down and makes them 'disappear.' So, we protect these people and train them to use there powers to their full potential. Another reason why you're here too: We need to find out what your specific power is so that we can help you help us protect others like you. So what do you say to that?"

Health: 73/100
Stamina: 60/100
Hunger: 70/100
Description: She is of average height and weight for a 23 year old. She is built like a man when it comes to the muscles and shoulders. She has black hair that is wavy and kept short. Her eyes are a midnight blue and her skin has the color of someone who loves to be outdoors.
Bio: Zinnaora's mom is a human, and her dad comes from a long line of knights. Neither parent expected their daughter to be born with powers. This made growing up hard for not only was Zinnaora teased for obvious things but also for her powers. This drove her to be the hero that she is now. Zinnaora has been fighting evil for the last six years under the name of Dark Lady Wolf.
Clothing: Tan hiking boots, camouflaged shirt and pants (w/ a simple leather belt), a necklace that has the fang of a wolf on it and a cross

They don't do much damage to you in total, and you're able to take care of quite a large chunk of the large group of rats on the bottom floor. A lot of them still await you downstairs, though.

Bio: Charlie was originally a US Marine, straight out of Germantown, Pennsylvania. However, half of his unit was killed during a surprise attack. A suicide bomber had exploded on the gate killing four men. A large group of hostiles had entered through the gate, causing a large fire-fight. Afterwards, Charlie was nearly killed, and injected with the antibody to save his life.
Personality: Good-natured, talkative, easily-angered, (gotta love those Germans) and he doesn't like snobs or brats.

The guy simply looks at you as explained, quite confused and not sure what to make of the situation or explanation. You drop the conscious guy there, and head back to your apartment building. Half of it is completely wrecked, and there is a semi-large crowd gathering outside, along with more than a handful of police cars, ambulances and fire trucks.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

Power: The ability to transform into a knight, raven and wolf. He also has the weapon the knights use (Sword/shield, or bow/quiver)
Bio: Alan was a normal teen-age boy who found him self in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was living in Washington state at the time before he got his ability to transform. He was walking home from his old job at McDonald's when he was grabbed by the military. He was gagged and blinded-folded and throw into the back of the military hummer, where they drove to a undisclosed location. They inject the anti-body into him and put him in a cell, to wait for the effects to activate. When the effect to hold they came back and saw a wolf in the cell, they were about to call him a fail when a doctor said he changed again. They went back to the cell and saw a raven in the there. After that they decided to wait to see what else he would do an he did his third transformation, where they saw a knight in black and silver armor in the cell. But this form had weapons which were us to escape. Now he is living New York, hoping to forget what had happened to him.
Equipment: Flash light, black leather wallet, a watch, backpack.
Aid: canned tuna (5x)
Other: Car keys, DS

I head back into me apartment, grab three pairs of pants, three shirts, the charger for my DS, and I also grab 5 cans canned tuna. I put it all in a backpack, that I used to my to New York, and put it on. I then leave my apartment, probably for the last time. I head for my car, a black Ford Mustang GT, with legal after market part. (Upgraded engine with a supercharge, beefed-up suspension) get in and pull out of the apartment's driveway. I drive to the end of the street, to where the guy said to meet up with him.

(Is the car to much, if so just make it a Ford Mustang GT, no aftermarket part.)

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

I head back down the stairs doubting I will be able to do that again.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

"well ok then... but how do you even know i have powers?"

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

I look around for someone of note, of higher rank, among the fire brigade and the police officers.

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Other: Car keys, DS, DS charger

((You and your DS XP))

You do so. He meets you there as promised, and tosses out his car keys for you to catch. You hear distant police sirens. "Alright, let's go before someone else has to die," he says, holding out his hand for your keys.

You do so, and the rats, quite mad charge you. Dual-wield as always?

"I have a lot of people under my wing, and let's just just say that a few of them have the right connections and sufficient hacking experience. That it?"

You are able to see a police officer with a slightly different uniform from the others yelling out orders to the firemen, police and ambulances, trying to keep everything from going into a completely chaotic state. As you approach him, he pauses the orders for a second to say "Excuse me sir, but I'm going to have to ask you to back-up. This may be a dangerous site, and we can't have any civilians getting hurt."

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

Other: Car keys (Grunj's), DS, DS charger

I toss them to him, "You better not get any scratches on it, it is fast but if you wreak it, you owe my a replacement." I get in his car before he gets a chance to respond and turn his car on, and wait for him to get into my car, and drive off. 'I hope this car of his is as fart as mine" I say to myself.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Yes but with the closer range it might be wiser to use the pocked knife with the switchblade.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

"well ok. so what do we do now?"

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

I wait after a few more orders are given before speaking again. "Actually, I was hoping to help out with the problem." I say quickly, trying to keep the conversation short so he can continue giving orders.

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Aid: Canned tuna (5x)

He mumbles something as a response as you get into his car, and he then proceeds to enter your vehicle as well. He drives of with you following close behind. He takes the lead and leads you away from the police and scene that you have just left for a half hour drive ending at an abandoned apartment building. You both stop there and he climbs out of your car, with you following his example. He approaches you and speaks. "Alright, someone here wants to meet you before we move on." He points at the building's entrance. "Go in there, you'll see him."

Health: 48/100
Stamina: 50/100
Hunger: 65/100

You do so. Within a few minutes you've taken car of all therodents that you can, the handful that remaining running away from you. You are quite hurt though. What do you do?

"Now we need to figure out your specific power. We have certain, more...dangerous ways to do so, but it'd be easier if we could figure out through some questions. So, have you been able to do any strange things lately, or maybe felt as if you were connected to something?"

He pauses once again. "I'm sure many people would like to help us, but we have it handled, citizen. Thank you for your offer, though."

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

Aid: Canned tuna (5x)

"Okay, but when I get back I want my car keys back." I then head for the abandoned apartment building.

Showing 181-195 of 224