ForumsForum GamesHeroes vs. Villains {RPG}

224 37013
Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

SO

This is an RPG that was once somewhat popular in these parts, so I decided to start it up again. Credit for the idea goes to whoever started it (don't remember the name).

2015. In less than a decade, over 15 unique wars have already happened. The world has become more and more violent, and the need for new weapons has become necessary. And so, the top scientists from a few of the world's major countries got together and created an antibody, to be used as a biological. However, the antibody had a variety of different effects on humans, and now these "infected" people have become known as superhumans. One of the most important facts though, is that you are one of them.

Will you use your powers for good, or evil? Using your powers, you can do anything you want. Make a name for yourself as a superhero, become the newest on the world government's wanted list, or simply keep them a secret and go about your life? You decide. However, a word of advice: beware the W.S.E.T.

Name: (Anything you want, 2 to 3 words, try not to make it over 2 characters in all)
Nickname: (What most people call you, can be your own hero/villain stage name, or just a casual, friendly nickname you have)
Age: (17 to 70 years old, please don't have any "immortal" powers)
Affiliation: (Hero or villian; you can even be neither if you want: mercenary, neutral person, etc.)
Power: (Can be anything really, but don't make it too overpowered: it must have a weakness, and it must not be able to destroy a town or wipe out the military)
Health: 100/100
Stamina: 100/100
Hunger: 100/100
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: (Height, body build, weight, hair, eyes, etc., doesn't have to be that specific, just describe your character however you want)
Bio: (A short description of how the player got their powers (Unless they don't have them yet), where they're from, etc.)
Personality: (Basically how the hero/villain reacts to most things, likes/dislikes, etc.)
Honor: (basically how honorable people think you are: if you're a backstabbing traitor, then enemies will go at you full force, while if you give people last requests, admit defeat, etc., then people won't be as fearful of you, and enemies might be more lenient about taking you down.
Reputation: (How well you are known: the higher your reputation, the better gifts you'll receive, but you'll also draw more attention from the enemy)
Fame: (How you are known, basically how good or bad people think you are)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Money: $500 (What do you think it's used for? XP)
Clothing: (Anything you want, as long as it doesn't increase your physical or mental state)
Weapons: None (Anything that you can use for fighting, besides your powers; you can give yourself one signature or weak weapon, but don't make it too powerful)
Equipment: None (Items that can help you in different ways, such as flashlights, bullet-proof vests, rope, etc.)
Aid: None (Any food, drink or drug that can help you)
Other: None (Just, well, random stuff...)

You can pick on of these storylines to start off with:
A) You wake up in a dark alley at about noon, can't remember anything from last night.
B) You wake up in the small, one story apartment in which you live in, to the sounds of knocking on the door, and people yelling outside.
C) You wake up in a small concrete room, tied to a chair with nothing else but a table in front of you with a chair and door on the other side.
D) You wake up at a campsite in a forest in the middle of the night, with nothing but trees around you.
E) Make up your own intro (Can be anything you want, as long as it's something that's either normal or expected from a superhuman).

I shall respond to the first players tomorrow.

• 224 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Zinnaora Pendragon
Nickname: Dark Lady Wolf (Heroic title) or Zin(by friends and family)
Affiliation: Hero
Power: Shadow/darkness manipulation
Description: She is of average height and weight for a 23 year old. She is built like a man when it comes to the muscles and shoulders. She has black hair that is wavy and kept short. Her eyes are a midnight blue and her skin has the color of someone who loves to be outdoors.
Bio: Zinnaora's mom is a human, and her dad comes from a long line of knights. Neither parent expected their daughter to be born with powers. This made growing up hard for not only was Zinnaora teased for obvious things but also for her powers. This drove her to be the hero that she is now. Zinnaora has been fighting evil for the last six years under the name of Dark Lady Wolf.
Personality: Loyal, easy to anger, playful, quiet, smart
Honor: 0
Fame: 0
Money: $500
Clothing: Tan hiking boots, camouflaged shirt and pants, a necklace that has the fang of a wolf on it and a cross
Weapons: None
Equipment: None
Aid: None
Other: None

I carefully move around the camp looking for some food. If I find any then I will give it to the bear. If not then I will try to leave the camp.

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Name: Jericho Williams
Nickname: Drago
Affiliation: Neutral
Power: Heightened stamina, senses, strength and agility.
Description:
Bio: Found in the desert by an ex soldier at the age of two, Drago grew up in the Arena, a trading post and a place where most mercenaries, or men looking to flee from justice, rest and occasionally battle in brutal pit fights for money. He, thanks to the training of his adoptive father Dante, became one of the best fighters and mercenaries of the city. He got his powers after a revolution against the former governor, due to being the test subject of an experimental serum.
Personality: Always joking and taking things in a non-serious manner. He's the type of guy that would punch Death just to laugh at it's face.
Clothing: Ponytail, sunglasses, black leather jacket with a blue shirt under. Jeans and boots.
Weapons: Betty [A modified revolver capable of shooting 10 .308 rounds per magazine at a quick rate](10/10)

I try to drink the liquid. Maybe it's maple syrup.

Cardibard
Cardibard
2,025 posts
Nomad

Name: Xavier Lucas
Nickname: X
Affiliation: Villain
Power: Water manipulation
Stamina: 90/100
Description: 6'3" white hair black eyes (effects of the antibody) usually dressed up in fancy clothing while posing as X. When he is Xavier he dresses casual.
Bio: We are not sure how X got his powers. Many think he was born with them. He was from Long Island. When he was old enough he moved into Manhattan. He now works at an aquarium located there.
Personality: At work he is as nice as could be, but when he is X he is as cruel as can be, but with enough respect and honor not to be looked at as terrible.
Clothing: Xavier~Aquarium Uniform, jeans, and button up shirt. X~Full black tuxedo with thin ski mask and black fedora. Always wearing black gloves, sometimes carrying a cane.
Weapons: Caneblade (A family heirloom, if needed he will pull out his cane, removing the wood to reveal a blade.

I keep my caneblade ready for an ambush.

j_c_mooncity
j_c_mooncity
1,060 posts
Nomad

Name: Jayson Swift
Nickname: Phobios
Power: Makes weapons out of blood, any blood.
Description: 6'0, thin, 170 ibs., black, etc. Has strange symbols tattooed all over his body.
Bio: He has basically been a wanderer most of his adult life, never settling down. When he was 17, he left home, and has been travelling ever since.
Personality: He dislikes pretty much everything, and is an extreme introvert. He is neither good nor evil, he takes what he wants, and has the tendency to randomly kill bad people.
Clothing: Jeans, a white shirt, a black sweater.
Weapons: A pocket knife
Equipment: A watch
Aid: Pack of gum

I ignore the door and check myself for damage.

maxaznboy
maxaznboy
216 posts
Peasant

Name: Glades Gale
Nickname: Wireath
Power: Shade Transformation
Description: 5'7, average, 140, black hair, brown eyes
Bio: After he finished high school, Glades pretty much shut himself off from the world, rarely going out and only staying inside, mainly playing video games all day; when the government scouted for 'volunteers' (paying money for test experiments), his family signed him up for it, thinking it'd turn him around, guess not, as once the test was done he hid his abilities, only transforming, and thus deemed a failure (overheard it while spying with invisibility). Knowing what they do with failures, from readings, he quickly escaped before they could realize his full potential.
Personality: Cautious, easily angered and annoyed, resourceful
Clothing: T-shirt, jeans, and a hooded sweater

(This all seems good, though I find it hard to accept the solid objects going through you part, as that would pretty much make you invincible as a shade to the average enemy. Is there any way you can tone that down a bit?)

The shuffling seems to be from a bear. A big black bear, specifically, which is going through your food and possessions. It does not notice you. What do you do?

I sneak up behind the bear, and manipulate my hand into a long, pointed lance and attempt to stab the bear's head; if my attempt fails, I'll add a blade and slash him instead.

FYI. The explanation was mainly just there to clarify, pretty much just for my purposes only (since it seems I didn't get my point across), nothing more, I'll accept what you changed it to earlier
(It seems alright, though imma have to say no to the objects going through you part. I'll let you pass through stationary or slow-moving objects, but fast moving objects will affect you just as they normally would. Ex. Running people, thrown objects, falling objects, flowing water...)

Ps. On another note, to me it seems pretty toned down; as long as there is a light source (water needs a light source as well, fire doesn't though as it produces light), objects that reflect light (metal, glass, etc) would still be able to touch me; also, since it's a defense mechanism (I can't wouldn't really be able to control it) punches and anything that isn't lethal would still make contact, but meh, I'll stop with the explanation for now I guess (since it seems my point is across now)
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: Charlie Hewitt
Nickname:
Power: Charlie has the ability to manipulate his body through biological transformation. But not like Superman wearing a full suit in under office clothes. Litteral biological changes. This allows him to do multiple things with his body and resist materials like bullets. Even though he could take a few rounds, he's not impregnable to bullets. Anything from elongated claws, to stony fists, to a giant f****** arm-blade.
Description: 6'1, scrawny, black hair, blue eyes, pale skin
Bio: Charlie was originally a US Marine, straight out of Germantown, Pennsylvania. However, half of his unit was killed during a suprise attack. A suicide bomber had exploded on the gate killing four men. A large group of hostiles had entered through the gate, causing a large fire-fight. Afterwards, Charlie was nearly killed, and injected with the antibody to save his life.
Personality: Good-natured, talkative, easily-angered, (gotta love those Germans) and he doesn't like snobs or brats.
Clothing: Black hoodie, black jeans, black shoes.

I move myself so my body is out of the way of the doorway. (As best as I could anyway) However, I keep looking through the eye-glass. "You think I'm going to go out where heavily armed men will more than likely cut me in half with bullets? You better show me a fu****' badge and warrent before I step out of this door."

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Description: She is of average height and weight for a 23 year old. She is built like a man when it comes to the muscles and shoulders. She has black hair that is wavy and kept short. Her eyes are a midnight blue and her skin has the color of someone who loves to be outdoors.
Bio: Zinnaora's mom is a human, and her dad comes from a long line of knights. Neither parent expected their daughter to be born with powers. This made growing up hard for not only was Zinnaora teased for obvious things but also for her powers. This drove her to be the hero that she is now. Zinnaora has been fighting evil for the last six years under the name of Dark Lady Wolf.
Clothing: Tan hiking boots, camouflaged shirt and pants, a necklace that has the fang of a wolf on it and a cross

You start looking around food, but within a few seconds you note that the bear is approaching you, looking quite intent on making you it's next meal. No food is right near you, and there's not enough time to move around more. What do you do?

Name: Jericho Williams
Nickname: Drago
Power: Heightened stamina, senses, strength and agility.
Description: (Aaaaaaahem '>.&gt
Bio: Found in the desert by an ex soldier at the age of two, Drago grew up in the Arena, a trading post and a place where most mercenaries, or men looking to flee from justice, rest and occasionally battle in brutal pit fights for money. He, thanks to the training of his adoptive father Dante, became one of the best fighters and mercenaries of the city. He got his powers after a revolution against the former governor, due to being the test subject of an experimental serum.
Personality: Always joking and taking things in a non-serious manner. He's the type of guy that would punch Death just to laugh at it's face.
Clothing: Ponytail, sunglasses, black leather jacket with a blue shirt under. Jeans and boots.
Weapons: Betty [A modified revolver capable of shooting 10 .308 rounds per magazine at a quick rate](10/10)

((XP))

You try to do so, but as your tied hands hinder you, you are unable to do so. A few moments later, though, a guy comes in through the door on the other side of the room, wearing a fancy suit and carrying the posture of a government official. He walk she otherside of the table. He speaks: "Jericho Williams. Unconfirmed Native of Saudi Arabia and known revolutionist and threat to the non-stabilized Arena government. Greetings." How do you respond?

Description: 6'3" white hair black eyes (effects of the antibody) usually dressed up in fancy clothing while posing as X. When he is Xavier he dresses casual.
Bio: We are not sure how X got his powers. Many think he was born with them. He was from Long Island. When he was old enough he moved into Manhattan. He now works at an aquarium located there.
Personality: At work he is as nice as could be, but when he is X he is as cruel as can be, but with enough respect and honor not to be looked at as terrible.
Clothing: Xavier~Aquarium Uniform, jeans, and button up shirt. X~Full black tuxedo with thin ski mask and black fedora. Always wearing black gloves, sometimes carrying a cane.
Weapons: Caneblade (A family heirloom, if needed he will pull out his cane, removing the wood to reveal a blade.

You do so, walking into your home slowly. You try to turn on the light as you go in, but it doesn't work, causing the inside to stay dark. Inside you can see the shape of someone sitting in your living room chair. "Greetings, Mr. Lucas. I have been waiting for you." How do you respond?"

Description: 6'0, thin, 170 ibs., black, etc. Has strange symbols tattooed all over his body.
Bio: He has basically been a wanderer most of his adult life, never settling down. When he was 17, he left home, and has been travelling ever since.
Personality: He dislikes pretty much everything, and is an extreme introvert. He is neither good nor evil, he takes what he wants, and has the tendency to randomly kill bad people.

You do so. You seem mostly fine. You have a few scratches and bruises, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Bio: After he finished high school, Glades pretty much shut himself off from the world, rarely going out and only staying inside, mainly playing video games all day; when the government scouted for 'volunteers' (paying money for test experiments), his family signed him up for it, thinking it'd turn him around, guess not, as once the test was done he hid his abilities, only transforming, and thus deemed a failure (overheard it while spying with invisibility). Knowing what they do with failures, from readings, he quickly escaped before they could realize his full potential.

((*Le shrug*))

You do so, and are able to take care of the bear without any damage to yourself. Now what?

Nickname:
Power: Charlie has the ability to manipulate his body through biological transformation. But not like Superman wearing a full suit in under office clothes. Litteral biological changes. This allows him to do multiple things with his body and resist materials like bullets. Even though he could take a few rounds, he's not impregnable to bullets. Anything from elongated claws, to stony fists, to a giant f****** arm-blade.
Bio: Charlie was originally a US Marine, straight out of Germantown, Pennsylvania. However, half of his unit was killed during a suprise attack. A suicide bomber had exploded on the gate killing four men. A large group of hostiles had entered through the gate, causing a large fire-fight. Afterwards, Charlie was nearly killed, and injected with the antibody to save his life.
Personality: Good-natured, talkative, easily-angered, (gotta love those Germans) and he doesn't like snobs or brats.

The lead guy (The one with the shotgun) grunts in frustration. "We know what you are! Now you'd better come out before we bust in ourselves!" They seem somewhat angered, and also not too friendly. What do you do?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Name: Blue Wing
Nickname: Blue
Power: Animal communication
Description: Short, skinny, light, long black hair, Black eyes.
Bio: he was always nice and friendly but somehow also different. didnt have a good relationship with his family and was considered the black sheep. hopes to find some friends he can love and trust.
Personality: Gentle, shy, quiet, calm, likes animals and nature. Different from most people and even though he's friendly, he bonds better with animals.
Clothing: T-shirt, jeans

im not looking for trouble. i will go the other way and try to get out or find a place with people so i can ask where i am

maxaznboy
maxaznboy
216 posts
Peasant

Since there was, what sounded like a helicopter, I'll cut the bear up into portions, and take what I can carry with me (I'll use the tent's cloth, if it has one, as a bag), the rest I burn with any other belongs I can't carry; once done I head in the direction of the helicopter (they wouldn't think I'd head to the helicopter), while blending in with the darkness, slowly, mainly hiding behind trees so their flashlights and such wouldn't discover me.

Cardibard
Cardibard
2,025 posts
Nomad

"What do you want?"I say with a little anger."How do you know who I am?"

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Description:

((XP))

"Ohhoooohhho, you know me well. And you? FBI? CIA? NCPD? SNES?"

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

I try to use my darkness abilities to temporarily blind the bear so I can leave the camp. If I have to fight the bear then I will but I don't want to kill an animal that isn't somehow a threat to mankind.

j_c_mooncity
j_c_mooncity
1,060 posts
Nomad

OOC: Can I run out of blood if I'm using my own?

I head out of the alley. Maybe go find a drug store to find some bandages.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Nickname:

I make sure the chain-lock is on before I open the door slightly. "What do you want?"

Chess341
Chess341
960 posts
Shepherd

Name: Justin Erwin
Nickname: None
Power: Photo-Electromagnetism (Control of light, electricity, and magnets/magnetic things.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: 6ft. 2in., Brown Hair, White Skin, Electric Blue Eyes, 220 lbs.
Bio: Justin was walking down main street with his girlfriend Sarah Curtis when an odd chain of events happened. Some Aurora Lights that were way down south from the North Pole combined with a lightning strike and hit Justin square in the chest. Sarah was unaffected but Justin was unconscious...he should have been dead.
Personality: Kind,caring,hopeful,determined.
Honor: He does not like killing especially non-powered people. When backed into a corner or when defeat seems near though Justin will never give up in a fight, fighting till he can't move is unconscious or dead...
Fame: 0(Isn't this the same as rep then? Or is it how much people know about you? Same as rep for positive>negative numbers)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Mountain Dew Shirt (with sweatshirt when it's cold), Blue Jeans (cold weather) Cargo Shorts (warm weather), Hiking Boot-Tennis Shoe mix.
Aid: pack of Five Beta Gum.
Other:

I wake up in a hospital with a nurse watching over me. What's her reaction to me waking up?

Showing 31-45 of 224