Forums

ForumsForum Games

Life of a Monster Hunter (In-Depth RPG)

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 8:49pm

JalapenoFez

JalapenoFez

151 posts

I am very in-depth with my RPG's, so if you do not like very descriptive RPG's, leave now.
Simplified Rules:
-Delete the Italic-Bracketed Areas in the Character Sheet when creating one; they are just there to explain some things.
-There is no god mode, if you are knocked, out you are simply hulled back to the last town you visited.
-There is no super-mega combo to one shot monsters, so don't put anything like "I do a backflip and smash it to dust". Otherwise I will simply counter your message.
-Some events may happen which will be judged on this die that I have beside my computer.
-No threats, vulgar language, or hate towards any of the other players, or myself. If you rage, I won't care, I don't deal with babies.
-If this gets overwhelming for whatever reason, I will set a cap on the max amount of players.

In the province of Sevan, humans have thrived for hundreds of years, accompanied by many monsters and dragons. Although they have not been a threat at first, they have adapted, and have gotten stronger. As well as new monsters, coming from foreign areas, have made Sevan their home. Because of this, Monster Hunters have been trained, in order to save the town, and bring down the monsters. This, however, is not an easy task, as many Hunters have already been defeated. Will Sevan be safe from the dragons and beasts? Who will save everyone? This is the life of a Monster Hunter.

Character Sheet:
Name: (First and Last)
Nickname: (Usually what citizens will refer to you by.)
Bio: (Quick description of your character, such as certain details, facial features, and their past)
Reputation: Unknown (0) (Higher the reputation, better the deals)
Stamina: Great (100) (100%) ("(100)" is your maximum stamina, while "(100%)" is what is is currently at. If you run around too much, you may become hungry lowering your stamina. For example, it may be "(90)" "(20%)". The percentage will recharge, to fill your maximum stamina; you must eat Rations, or Well Done Steaks. If your stamina is below "(15%)", you cannot block or dodge.)
Weapon Slot 1: (You have a weapon choice once you start)
Sharpness: (100%) (Your weapon may dull when attacking a monster, a whetstone will put this back at full. Upgrading your weapon may increase total sharpness to deal 110% damage.)
Head: N/A
Neck: N/A
Chest: Cloth Shirt (0%)
Hands: N/A
Leggings: Cloth Pants (0%)
Feet: Leather Boots (0%)
Total Damage: N/A (Armor, amulets, and items, may increase your damage output, which will display your total damage output here)
Total Damage Reduction: 0% (Armor your character wears may reduce damage received from monsters. Monster armor may come with stats, which may help, or hurt your character. Such as Health Increasement, or Sharpness Increase)
Active Effects: (Passive Effects from your armor (If it comes with stats) will display here, such as Fire Resist (+10), or Hunger (-5).)
Items: (Maximum of 30 slots)
Gold: 0g (Used to buy materials and equipment)
Trophies: (If you kill a unique or hard enemy, it will display here)
Buddy: (You may acquire a Felyne friend (Max of 2) to accompany you on your adventures. Your buddy will also have a passive, such as telling you monsters current/total health, what its weaknesses are, or where to find certain materials (Including many other things). His/hers Stats will then appear below this area. Felynes also use their own type of weapon, such as a Pick, Katana, Axe, Hammer, or Light Bowgun.)

Weapon Types: (+ = Pro, - = Con)

Greatsword: (+Great Damage)(+Block)(+PowerAttack)(-SlowAttack)(-SlowMovement)
A massive blade, almost double the size of your character. Deals massive damage, but is fairly slow. The Greatsword can charge its power for 3 seconds, but is vulnerable and will reset if hit. (1 Charge = 125%,2 = 200% 3 = 300% Damage) then unleashing a huge blow to the monster. Considering the size of this blade, you can easily block incoming attacks, but not as well as a shield.

Longsword: (+DPS)(+LongCombo)(+FastAttacks)(+Buff)(-NoBlock)
Quick and deadly, the Longsword makes quick work of enemies, but cannot block. It has great DPS, mainly because of the awesome combos it may land. The Longsword builds up a combo meter every time it attacks. Once the combo meter reaches 100%, you may attack 10 times in a short amount of time. If the final strike lands on this combo, your damage is increased by 15% for a short time.

Sword and Shield: (+Block)(+Dodge)(+Mobile)(+Small Combo)(-Lower Damage)
Short, and sharp, the Sword and Shield is easy to maneuver and dodge enemy attacks. Although the damage output is low, mobility and durability is on your side.

Dual Blades: (+GreatDPS)(+Buff)(+Mobile)(-NoBlock)(-StaminaHungry)
Two blades, two hands, no blocking. Dual Blades have great DPS, and mobility, but have no blocking capability. Can enter rage mode, increasing damage and decreasing stamina.

Hammer: (+GreatDamage)(+Stun)(+Knockover)(-NoBlock)
A great blunt weapon, the hammer can crack monster skulls, and demolish mountains. Can stun enemies if they are bonked on the head, but cannot block.

War Drum: (+Damage)(+Knockover)(+Buff)(+Mobile)(-NoBlock)
Similar to the hammer, but plays music. Think of the War Drum as a Guitar Axe, playing music may randomly increase certain stats. Each War Drum can play 3 specific tunes, and always increase movement speed.

Gunblade: (+Damage)(+RangedAttack)(+Nuke)(+Block)(-SlowAttack)(-Slow Movement)
The Gunblade is a lance-like weapon, however, instead of a pointy end, there is a cannon, with a blade under it. The Gunblade uses rocks and other ammunition to damage the enemy from close range, but can also charge and stab the foe.  It may also charge its cannon to fire a massive blast that may stun the enemy, but disables firing capabilities for a short time. The Gunblade comes equipped with a shield, so that you may block incoming attacks.

Bow: (+DPS)(+RangedAttack)(+Mobile)(+NoSharpnessDebuff)(-RequiresArrows)(-NoBlock)
Long range bow, uses arrows, and tainted arrows such as Power, Paralyze, Sleep, Pierce, Tranq and Poison.

Bow Gun:(+DPS)(+RangedAttack)(+NoSharpnessDebuff)(+Addons)(-RequiresAmmo)
Short to Long range, the Bow Gun uses many different types of ammunition (depending on the one you have). The Bowgun can get Add-ons at the shop, which may add a Scope, Shield, Long Barrel, or Rapid Fire Trigger. Such as Pierce, Scatter, Explosive, Cluster, Rapid, Sleep, Poison, Tranq.

Felyne Weapons:

Pick:(+Damage)(+AttackSpeed)(+Loot)
The Felyne can swing a pick fairly quick and deal slight damage to your foe, the pick also has a chance to loot some uncommon materials off a lesser monster.

Katana:(+DPS)(+FastAttackSpeed)(+Bleed)(+Block)
The Felyne, if trained well, may equip a Katana. With this weapon, your Felyne will attack very fast, and may cause the monster to bleed (A small DoT).

Axe:(+GreatDamage)(+Knockover)(+Block)
For the more built Felynes, they may want to use the Axe, which deals great damage and may knockover the monster.

Hammer:(+GreatDamage)(+Stun)
Similar to the Axe, only the Knockover is replaced with a stun.

Light Bowgun:(+RangedAttack)(+Add-ons)(+Variety)(+Unlimited "Basic Shot I's")
A miniature version of the Bowgun, the Light Bowgun was specifically made for Felynes, they use their own ammunition, and can receive add-ons.

Arrow & Ammunition Types (Described, not actually an equitable weapon)

Power (Max of 40 Ammo)
Deals 150% Weapon Damage.

Pierce (Max of 25 Ammo)
Hits the target and continues to do damage till it exits, the bigger the monsters, the bigger the damage.
Can deal 100%-250% Weapon Damage.

Poison (Max of 15 Ammo)
After hitting an enemy with 1-4 of this kind of arrow/ammo, it will become poisoned, receiving 25% weapon damage per second for 15 seconds.

Paralyze (Max of 7 Ammo)
After 1-5 shots, the target is paralyzed for 1-6 seconds. The bigger the monster, the less the time.

Tranq (Max of 5 Ammo)
Puts a monster to sleep, allowing to ship it over to the village, which doubles the amount of your loot and rarity find. The monster must be trapped by a Shock Trap, a Pitfall Trap or when it is very weak and injured to become Tranq'd.

Because I was using Microsoft Word to type this out while I was on the Ferry, there may be those random things in some of the sentences, hopefully this will not happen.
I would add some more detail, but I doubt most people would read through it. I hope you are interested ^-^

If you are wondering what am I doing if I am not active, just check out my profile, I will post stuff there occasionally

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 11:57pm

Unkown

Unkown

115 posts

This seems nice, I think I'll give it a try.

Name: Jack Delorious
Nickname: Stone
Bio: Stone was quite a normal child. He was smart, ambitious, athletic, really quite the role model. However, when he was about 10, an enraged monster came along and ruined his life, killing his whole family and destroying his home while he was at school. After being given the news, he lived in an orphanage until he was 18, after which he became a monster hunter to make sure nothing like his experience happened to anyone else. He hates monsters overall, and if he was given the chance he'd probably kill every single one: good or bad. Aside from that, he's very serious, cold and calculating, always thinking things through and not too interested in social interactions.
Stamina: Great (100) (100%)
Weapon Slot 1: Dual Blades
Sharpness: (100%)
Total Damage: N/A
Total Damage Reduction: 0%
Active Effects: N/A
Items: (Maximum of 30 slots)
Gold: 0g
Trophies: N/A
Buddy: N/A (I think?)

This should be alright, tell me if it needs any changes.

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 6:47am

killersup10

killersup10

1,785 posts

Name: Micheal dealer
Nickname: Killersup
Bio: 6'2'' His memory was lost while he was out fighting a deviljho.He has awaken to find a village,stripped of his armor however he must start his quest over.
Stamina: Great (100)
Weapon Slot 1: greatsword!
Total Damage:
Active Effects:
Items:
Trophies:
Buddy:

Killersup simply adores monster hunter.>:D bring it on.

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 9:32am

Garriss

Garriss

7 posts

Character Sheet:
Name: Gemini Soul-Keeper
Nickname: Soul-Keeper
Appearance: Average Height, Fit Build, Grey Eyes
Personality: Strict, Unfriendly, Merciless
Weapon Slot 1: Longsword (Curved Blade if possible)
Sharpness: 100%
Head: None
Neck: None
Hands: None
Legs: Cloth Pants (0%)
Active Effects:
Items:
Gold: 0
Trophies:
Buddy:

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 9:51am

kase70

kase70

14 posts

Name: Lillou Zitah
Nickname: Sweety
Bio: Farmers daughter, she has always been fascinated by predators power. Her leathery skin and muscle structure vouch for an outside life. She never had any weapon master but learned against animals how to crack skulls.
Weapon Slot 1: Hammer
Active Effects:
Items: None
Trophies: None
Buddy: None

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 10:22am

maxaznboy

maxaznboy

76 posts

Name: Glades Gale
Nickname: Glades
Bio: Born into a peasant's household, Glades has always imagined to live a better life, but sadly all he really knows how to do are tactics and fighting; thus he became a hunter, hoping to strike it rich.
Weapon Slot 1: Bow Gun
Active Effects:
Items:
Trophies:
Buddy:

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 7:16pm

JalapenoFez

JalapenoFez

151 posts

I will cap it at here (5 people). The forums were not updating for me till now, sorry if I am late for the parade.

Bio: Stone was quite a normal child. He was smart, ambitious, athletic, really quite the role model. However, when he was about 10, an enraged monster came along and ruined his life, killing his whole family and destroying his home while he was at school. After being given the news, he lived in an orphanage until he was 18, after which he became a monster hunter to make sure nothing like his experience happened to anyone else. He hates monsters overall, and if he was given the chance he'd probably kill every single one: good or bad. Aside from that, he's very serious, cold and calculating, always thinking things through and not too interested in social interactions.
Weapon Slot 1: Bone Dual Blades (12 Damage)
Head:
Neck:
Hands:
Total Damage: 12
Active Effects:
Items:
Trophies:
Buddy:

Boom! A loud explosion rises you out of your bed almost instantly. A bird inside your home flies out and through the window which has snow falling down its sides. You hear cheering coming from outside.

I absolutely LOVE your bio, makes your character very interesting.

Name: Micheal Dealer
Nickname: Killersup
Bio: 6'2'' His memory was lost while he was out fighting a Deviljho. He has awaken to find a village, stripped of his armor however he must start his quest over.
Stamina: Great (100)
Weapon Slot 1: Bone Blade (38 Damage)
Total Damage: 38
Active Effects:
Items:
Trophies:
Buddy:

Boom! An explosion echoes from the distance near the Village Center. Snow falls from the roof of your house, some of it falling inside from the open windows.

Name: Gemini Soul-Keeper
Nickname: Soul-Keeper
Appearance: Average Height, Fit Build, Grey Eyes
Personality: Strict, Unfriendly, Merciless
Weapon Slot 1: Bone Katana (22 Damage)
Sharpness: 100%
Head: None
Neck: None
Hands: None
Legs: Cloth Pants (0%)
Total Damage: 22
Active Effects:
Items:
Gold: 0
Trophies:
Buddy:

No description of your character? :(

Boom! A nearby explosion rattles your household, causing a barrel to tip over and knock your bed. Cheering is heard shortly afterwards.

Name: Lillou Zitah
Nickname: Sweety
Bio: Farmers daughter, she has always been fascinated by predators power. Her leathery skin and muscle structure vouch for an outside life. She never had any weapon master but learned against animals how to crack skulls.
Weapon Slot 1: Bone Hammer (42)
Total Damage: 42
Active Effects:
Items: None
Trophies: None
Buddy: None

Hurray! A female Huntress :D

Boom!..... The explosion deafens you for a few seconds, followed by cheering crowd coming from outside. Your hammer falls onto the ground from the shaking ground.

Bio: Born into a peasant's household, Glades has always imagined to live a better life, but sadly all he really knows how to do are tactics and fighting; thus he became a hunter, hoping to strike it rich.
Weapon Slot 1: Medium Bowgun (17 Damage)
Total Damage: 17
Active Effects:
Items:
Trophies:
Buddy:

Boom! An explosion from outside rattles your house, causing a chest beside your bed to slide across the floor and block the door. A shell (Ammunition), that was sitting on top of the chest rolls under the door.

That should be good for now, hopefully that makes up for me being late. However, I will have to go out for a bit in hopes that my marvelous hunters reply. :)

Posted Oct 10, '12 at 11:16pm

Unkown

Unkown

115 posts

Weapon Slot 1: Bone Dual Blades (12 Damage)
Head:
Neck:
Hands:
Total Damage: 12
Active Effects:
Items:
Trophies:
Buddy:

(Thank you. I tried to keep it short, I'm glad you like it ^^ Also, one question: does the 12 damage count for both blades to gether or is it 12 damage per blade (24 damage total)?)

In this case I suppose I'll go outside to see what all the cheering is about.

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 3:00am

maxaznboy

maxaznboy

76 posts

Nickname: Wireath
Affiliation: Villain
Power: Shade Transformation
Health: 100/100
Stamina: 100/100
Hunger: 100/100
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: 5'7, average, 140, black hair, brown eyes
Bio: After he finished high school, Glades pretty much shut himself off from the world, rarely going out and only staying inside, mainly playing video games all day; when the government scouted for 'volunteers' (paying money for test experiments), his family signed him up for it, thinking it'd turn him around, guess not, as once the test was done he hid his abilities, only transforming, and thus deemed a failure (overheard it while spying with invisibility). Knowing what they do with failures, from readings, he quickly escaped before they could realize his full potential.
Personality: Cautious, easily angered and annoyed, resourceful
Honor:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Money: $500
Clothing: T-shirt, jeans, and a hooded sweater
Weapons: None
Equipment: None
Aid: None
Other: None

I quickly get out of bed, try to move the chest and go after the ammunition; if I can't move the chest, then I'll try opening it to see what is in there.

Ps. Since my weapon requires ammunition, may I know how much and what type of ammo I have on me? (Can replace the sharpness, unless there is an upgrade that allows me to add a blade to the bow-gun (also is a bow-gun like a crossbow?).

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 3:03am

maxaznboy

maxaznboy

76 posts

Edit: Oops, looks like I accidentally used the wrong sheet, thought I copied it before pasting, my bad, should double check next time.

Weapon Slot 1: Medium Bowgun (17 Damage)
Total Damage: 17
Active Effects:
Items:
Trophies:
Buddy:

I quickly get out of bed, try to move the chest and go after the ammunition; if I can't move the chest, then I'll try opening it to see what is in there.

Ps. Since my weapon requires ammunition, may I know how much and what type of ammo I have on me? (Can replace the sharpness, unless there is an upgrade that allows me to add a blade to the bow-gun (also is a bow-gun like a crossbow?).

Reply to Life of a Monster Hunter (In-Depth RPG)

You must be logged in to post a reply!