Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

The Most Disgusting Parody Ever

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 7:18am

EnigmaX

EnigmaX

100 posts

So its wrong for pokemon trainers to "oppress" the pokemon, but perfectly acceptable for the pokemon to rise up and violently attack their trainers? lol

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 8:54am

SubZero007

SubZero007

401 posts

You know, the ironic thing about all of this is that PETA's objective is to give animals "Human Rights" yet they find it perfectly ok for animals to kill said humans.

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 11:50am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

They don't actually kill any of the humans. They just talk to the humans about how they want their freedom. After the first battle, and after nurse Joy came into the scene, I had to stop playing the game. It's hilarious, and I would LOVE to play a Pokemon game where you fight humans, but the PETA message just kills the mood.

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 1:20pm

danielo

danielo

1,387 posts

Well. i got ot say that i agree wit hthem on this one. as much as pokemons are greats. this is a "better" old fashion dog fight. You beat the crap out of an wild animal, chain it {with a pokeball} and release it to defeat the other man animal. and dont tell me that this pokemon dont injure the others when attack.
And what about these "rare candies"? isnt that obviuse drugs and steroids?

This game is about a pokemon who decide to break the system.
Mostly i think PETA is quite, well, aggresive, but this one was funny. I do eat meat, adn i do enjoy pokemon games, but they got something there. It make the dog fights look more as two brave beasts who fight for honor and glory, then two poor animals who force to kill from young age.

Pokemon does give kids something nasty by that. not that i say that it should be cancled, but they have to change something, show that making two animals fight is not so great.

I mean in the name of FSM noodle, how you get glory from a fight that your pat do? there so called trainers just stand and watch. Its like calling the coach of Muhamad Ali a great boxer for his trainee Ali wins.

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 2:48pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

btw isn't it kinda stupid to go against a '90's hype this late?
did they do 15 year over making this idea? xD

it's a funny game tho.

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 4:26pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,027 posts

Knight

Pokemon... the principle is cruel, but it's not dogs or cats fighting, it's monsters. Kids can tell the difference. Besides, there are more pressing matters, real animal abuses like rooster fights. They're still being performed in some or another place, they're extremely brutal and bloody. But of course, PETA only lifts a finger where big medial impact can be made and lots of money made. Animal rights activists? Hah, good one.

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 6:23pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,148 posts

Keep in mind PETA is a large organization with separate activists. Kinda like Anonymous, except they all work with one goal in mind. So while this particular section is devoted to flash games of animal activism, other areas of PETA are still at work, such as art, public activism, advertising, etc. Those in charge are the only people who really decide if these are approved.

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 10:34pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

Pokemon... the principle is cruel, but it's not dogs or cats fighting, it's monsters. Kids can tell the difference. Besides, there are more pressing matters, real animal abuses like rooster fights. They're still being performed in some or another place, they're extremely brutal and bloody. But of course, PETA only lifts a finger where big medial impact can be made and lots of money made. Animal rights activists? Hah, good one.

As Freakenstein said, this is just one small portion of PETA. They protest everything from portraying animals as slaves to meat products and animal testing. Heck, they're even against ownership of animals, including pets.

They'll often protest animal shelters that put dogs to sleep. The reason animal shelters put dogs to sleep is because they can't get rid of the dogs they capture fast enough. The irony is that out of all the animals PETA rescues, they end up putting most of them to sleep as well. Of course, they'll say that they're just "mercy killing".

Then you have your real extremists, the Animal Liberation Front. They're the ones who will go as far as blowing up research centers that use animal testing.

Pokemon does give kids something nasty by that. not that i say that it should be cancled, but they have to change something, show that making two animals fight is not so great.

No, they don't. Kid's aren't that stupid.

There's this idea that if an idea exists, people will automatically cling onto it. You're looking at:

A: Pokemon is about using animals to fight
B: Kids play Pokemon
Therefore
C: Kids will be more accepting towards animal fighting

You're looking at A, and you're looking at B, then creating C out of nowhere. You forget that there is a C that already exists and is observable! Instead of Adding A and B together and assuming C, talk to people who grew up playing Pokemon and see what their opinions are about animal fights. Look at how they treat their pets.

There's just no evidence that suggests Pokemon creates a tolerance towards animal abuse of any kind. It's too presumptuous.

That's not to say that media can't effect children. There can be an effect. But children are far more capable of separating what is and is not acceptable than what you may think!

but they have to change something, show that making two animals fight is not so great.

It's weird how they incorporated love, respect, and friendship into a series about using animals to fight against one another.

You're creating an imaginary problem and suggesting something be done, without any evidence of there being an actual problem.

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 10:40pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

It's weird how they incorporated love, respect, and friendship into a series about using animals to fight against one another.

Looking at it objectively...if anything, it's a sport. Not a street brawl. I've seen the show enough (having watched it when I was younger) and my sister watches it now so I catch bits and pieces...they're always extolling values to a sickening degree. They go on and on about teamwork, friendship, fairness, etc.

The only valid part of this argument is the capturing part. The fighting is, for the most part, enjoyed by both parties and is non-fatal or even permanent injury. In the instances where they pokemon doesn't want to fight is usually an episode of helping that one...

You're creating an imaginary problem and suggesting something be done, without any evidence of there being an actual problem.

This. PETA makes issues out of non-issues. They look silly and lose all credibility because they go off on extreme tangents, when their overall goals are actually admirable. I'm all for fair and respectful treatment of animals and not abusing them...but PETA turns their point of view into a laughing stock.

Posted Oct 11, '12 at 10:57pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,988 posts

Knight

There's this idea that if an idea exists, people will automatically cling onto it

The problem is that we are bombarded with too much information so we become cynical about everything.
Of course some deranged people will act on what they see on TV or in games but it's only a small percentage of the population.

Reply to The Most Disgusting Parody Ever

You must be logged in to post a reply!