ForumsWEPRThe Most Disgusting Parody Ever

38 14815
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Recently, I discovered this and it made me vomit in my mouth. Apparently, PETA decided that Pokemon was "too violent" and "encouraged animal cruelty". So I ask you good Armor Gamers: Are you the insane jerks pictures in the game? Do you hurt things because of Pokemon? The game is through the link by the way.

• 38 Replies
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

All the time actually. Why just yesterday I set a dogs tail on fire to make it a charmander, and pitted it against a gerbil that I had run electricity through. However, they didn't seem to fit in my homemade pokeball. And they still haven't evolved yet even though I have been training them against my neighbors turtle that he attached vine whips to. I'm hoping if I can train my goldfish to tackle he can provide a boost to my team, cause his splash attack doesn't do **** right now. Wish me luck. I've been looking for some gym leaders on the new apple maps but it keeps sending me to 24 hour fitness, and no one there seems interested in having a duel, and there isn't even a suitable arena. If anyone has any good gym leaders in their area could you let me know, I'm getting a bit desperate for a good challenge.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

PETA decided that Pokemon was "too violent" and "encouraged animal cruelty".

PETA what is PETA
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

PETA is a american organization that comes up whit some stupid idea's from time to time.
kinda like fox news. except PETA comes up whit the ideas themself and are serious about it. (not that different afterall.)

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I don't mind the female celebrities nude pics though.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I don't usually have many good words to say about PETA, or People Eating Tasty Animals as I call them, and this time it's no different.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

PETA what is PETA

To actually answer your question instead of just throwing it at the wall, PETA is an activist organization for fair, respectful treatment of animals. Though their cause is reasonable and justified at times, most times what they advertise for their organization pushes the limits of federal law and blows situations out of proportion in order to make said situations more serious and have viewers demand immediate attention.

It's better than most of what they come up with. This time they at least made something congruent with it. Pokemon Black and White was just practically inviting PETA to make a parody of it. What better way to make a parody of Pokemon in order to advocate fair treatment of animals than to use an actual organization within the game itself? It's the perfect crossover! To them, Team Plasma is their patron.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Lmao I don't understand how PETA can even make that claim. They only say at least 4 times per episode how pokemon are friends and blah blah blah...Really.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

PETA is the stupidest thing on earth. Did you know they once dressed up as the Ku Klux Klan? They made fun of a fisherman who got bit by a shark. Besides anybody ever heard of the saying: If eating fried chicken is murder, then murder must taste pretty **** good. XD

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Okay, so here's the thing, Pokemon is, at it's core, a pretty twisted game. You capture wild creatures and you fight them against other creatures. The reason it's acceptable to allow children to play these games is because the Pokemon in the games don't seem to mind, fighting is just something they do as a hobby and enjoy!

Team Rocket just cut off some poor slowpoke's tails, how evil! But when you pit Slowpoke against a fire breathing dragon that blasts fire at it, or against an electric mouse that shocks it with jolts of electricity, it's perfectly acceptable and helps you build a good relationship with said Pokemon.

But is Pokemon really teaching our children bad messages? It's a video game, and kids know this. I want to say that it astonishes me how much PETA underestimate's human intelligence, but that would be a complete lie. We don't mimic everything we see in media. I'm sure children can be influenced by media, but the reason Pokemon isn't going to teach them to be abusive towards animals is because children know what is and is not acceptable in real life.

EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

So its wrong for pokemon trainers to "oppress" the pokemon, but perfectly acceptable for the pokemon to rise up and violently attack their trainers? lol

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

You know, the ironic thing about all of this is that PETA's objective is to give animals "Human Rights" yet they find it perfectly ok for animals to kill said humans.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

They don't actually kill any of the humans. They just talk to the humans about how they want their freedom. After the first battle, and after nurse Joy came into the scene, I had to stop playing the game. It's hilarious, and I would LOVE to play a Pokemon game where you fight humans, but the PETA message just kills the mood.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Well. i got ot say that i agree wit hthem on this one. as much as pokemons are greats. this is a "better" old fashion dog fight. You beat the crap out of an wild animal, chain it {with a pokeball} and release it to defeat the other man animal. and dont tell me that this pokemon dont injure the others when attack.
And what about these "rare candies"? isnt that obviuse drugs and steroids?

This game is about a pokemon who decide to break the system.
Mostly i think PETA is quite, well, aggresive, but this one was funny. I do eat meat, adn i do enjoy pokemon games, but they got something there. It make the dog fights look more as two brave beasts who fight for honor and glory, then two poor animals who force to kill from young age.

Pokemon does give kids something nasty by that. not that i say that it should be cancled, but they have to change something, show that making two animals fight is not so great.

I mean in the name of FSM noodle, how you get glory from a fight that your pat do? there so called trainers just stand and watch. Its like calling the coach of Muhamad Ali a great boxer for his trainee Ali wins.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

btw isn't it kinda stupid to go against a '90's hype this late?
did they do 15 year over making this idea? xD

it's a funny game tho.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Pokemon... the principle is cruel, but it's not dogs or cats fighting, it's monsters. Kids can tell the difference. Besides, there are more pressing matters, real animal abuses like rooster fights. They're still being performed in some or another place, they're extremely brutal and bloody. But of course, PETA only lifts a finger where big medial impact can be made and lots of money made. Animal rights activists? Hah, good one.

Showing 1-15 of 38