ForumsThe TavernQuick 'poll': Who would be interested in a Role-Playing session?

28 3772
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

As the title says, I want to know how many people would be interested in a role-playing session here on the forums.

The kind of RP is still up in the air, but I have a few ideas floating around in me head. Yet feel free to leave suggestions along with your post if you are interested.

I have not do a decent RP in a long while, and the ones here really seem to fall flat. And I am sure the kind of RP I am used to doing would not work here. So if enough people were interested, I would be up for starting one out and taking the lead of it all. And partake in it a little myself. ^_^

So yes! The polls are open!

• 28 Replies
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Well, I would be interested in playing a Role Playing forum game. Is it going to be like the Zombie one? I recommend using a Final Fantasy theme.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

It is going to be...well...not even sure what the RPing itself is going to be like. Haha. I will figure that out when and if it starts. But be sure, it is going to be pretty awesome. XD

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

I'm in. Give me the 5 W's and the H. And how whould it be achieved in the open forums? Wouldn't people just chime in and screw things up?

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I know this isn't really relevent to the the topic but why don't we have a poll button for our threads? It would be easier to see the communities opinion than looking through stacks of posts that can be spam if someone says, " YES!" or "NO!".

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

yes, i'd maybe be interested depending on what kind it is, and Devoid, are you going to do the zombie one? you said that you would if itachi said you could.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I think it should be a LOTR theme, but don't listen to the nerd XP

I would role play the king of man!!! Mostly because I am!
It could be like a kingdom setting, so it relates a bit with AG. There could be a king, queen, peasants merchants etc. That would be so fun!

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

My ideas for a RP session are
-a classic dark ages sort roughly based around D&D so far as the classes and such go
-one set in modern times but Hell has broken loose(literally!)and it each players mission to try and survive the demon plague and perhaps end it
-a vampire/werewolf one very roughly based on the Dark World idea(Not sure what Dark World is? Look it up on google)

5 W's and H? Ok..XD
It would be achieved in the open forums by a very clear set of rules and me using my mod powers to full advantage. Need I say more? I protect my pet projects very well. The only thing I protect more is my significant other. ^_^

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Yes, double post. I know. Shhh. XD

I would take that over also if Itachi wants me to, but to be honest the whole rule set, items and such is a big task to handle and it was not done very well. I could go into detail, but I will spare you all.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Ok, now it is a double post. >_<

I would be so up to doing that if we had enough dedicated and skiller RPers here. But I doubt we do...

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

skiller? You mean more skilled? Haha, well the king, queen, etc. could be played by the more experienced role players.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

If you were me right now, you would wish you typed as well as I am now. ^_^

I am most likely going to do a real basic one at first, just to get people acclimated to the RP environment or at least get RPers in the mood and limbered up.

Oh, and just so you all know I am looking for at least 10 people to start off one with.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Pick me! *throws hand up, and flails insanely*

I love doing little role play skits.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

Well, with your mod powers to control it, I would love to. Though, how in depth are we talking here? I had D&D games last for many months before. And, how would character creation go? Role a virtual dice or something?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Nothing really that deep at all for now.

Just really basic. More or less, you choose what kind of character you would want to be, select a couple basic weapons for it then go from there. If I got that path, everything for every class would be described in the fits post of mine in great detail.

So more or less, there would be no dice rolling or the such. It would be more of a "Make pretty sweet short stories in a fantasy world" with me deciding outcomes(to a certain extent), giving scenarios and such.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

So your theme for the RP is Medieval? I call dibs on being a Lancer if we have jobs in this RP.

Showing 1-15 of 28