Forums

ForumsPopular Media

My Little Pony: Yay or Neigh?

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 10:59am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,287 posts

my underlying hate for any equine animal will probably never let me be a brony, or even watch an episode.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQP1Jbvj2F7sSGH7CzwUdhwC61gDm-I7jkff41pQoVVBkobVza6eQ
Which pony is this?

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 11:09am

beckitten27

beckitten27

99 posts

not a fan, but won't be mean to people who are

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 9:20pm

Panthera_Leo

Panthera_Leo

24 posts

my underlying hate for any equine animal will probably never let me be a brony, or even watch an episode

I'm just kinda curious why your avatar has a horse...

XD

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 10:45pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,287 posts

I'm just kinda curious why your avatar has a horse...

Because the Headless horsemen is the only cool armatar I have access to.

I said I hate the animal, not the character.

p.s. you didn't answer my previous question.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 1, '12 at 4:23pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

Well. I like My Little Pony. I've liked it since I was little, which, if anyone's keeping score, makes me better than people who only started liking it after the new show came out. A more detailed account of my MLP experience can be found on my other, more better MLP thread, if anyone can be bothered to find it.

Anyway, FiM is a good show. The "best pony" is a silly question, because it basically suggests that characters should be put in a linear order of goodness. I find a tier-based system works best. And here are the tiers:

Best Pony tier: Twilight Sparkle. Twilight is basically objectively the best pony, being the main character.
Tier 2: Rarity and Rainbow Dash. These are the best members of the main cast who don't have the main character ability to be best. The tier system works here, because picking one over the other is hard.
Tier 3: Applejack and Pinkie Pie. This tier really demonstrates the power of tier system. Applejack is clearly better than Pinkie, but not enough that anyone should care or even really distinguish between the two.
Tier 4: Spike.
Tier 5: Celestia and Luna. Celestia is way cooler, but Luna is baller as well.
Tier 6: Background ponies. Okay. If a background pony is your favorite pony, here's what you do. Take a pencil. Put it between your middle and ring fingers. Now squeeze those fingers together really hard. Does it hurt? Then you did it right. That's your punishment for liking a flash vector instead of a real character, you pleb.
Tier 7: The Armenian genocide.
Tier 8: Fanon. If you like the fanon surrounding background ponies more than real characters, follow the steps prescribed in tier 6, but continue the process until you die of starvation.
Tier 9: The concept of human rights violations.
Tier 10: Fluttershy. Fluttershy is the worst pony and I basically despise her more with every passing moment. There are three reasons to like Fluttershy:
1, you're ignorant. You haven't seen much of the show. She's decent in the early episodes.
2, you're stupid. Plain and simple. You see all of the show and are too dumb to not like her.
3, you're a bad person. So let's say you watched all the show and are smart. You still like her. Well, it's because you're bad. Not like bad taste (probably that too, though). As in morally bankrupt. The only other reason to like this character is actual malice.

Anyway, the show's good, but bronies are somehow worse than most fandoms. The fan community sucks . Fan music sucks. All fanfiction ever sucks. Most fanart sucks. Fanon sucks.

Good show, though.

Posted Nov 1, '12 at 4:44pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,715 posts

Tier 7: The Armenian genocide.

That pony was boss...I miss it =/

Background ponies

Derpy count as a background pony for you I'm guessing?

Tier 4: Spike.

Last I checked, Spike wasn't a pony -_- and if you are goin to have him, why isn't Discord in there as well?

Posted Nov 1, '12 at 5:30pm

LavaCake

LavaCake

9 posts

My favorite two are Rainbow Dash, because she is boss, and Pinkie Pie, because she is fun, energetic, and overall funny as can be.

Posted Nov 2, '12 at 9:47am

ZombiePearl

ZombiePearl

4 posts

MLP is really (my opinion) bad, childish, but cute in some ways...
So yeah, please, shoot me.

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 1:12am

awesomecoyoteman

awesomecoyoteman

18 posts

im a brony. problem? twilight FTW. now....
broohoof anypony? /)

Posted Dec 30, '12 at 10:48pm

Panthera_Leo

Panthera_Leo

24 posts

p.s. you didn't answer my previous question.

~~~Darth Caedus

Sorry, I honestly have no clue. Is it possible it's a custom pony?

Anyway, the show's good, but bronies are somehow worse than most fandoms. The fan community sucks . Fan music sucks. All fanfiction ever sucks. Most fanart sucks. Fanon sucks.

Brony music is awesome! Have you ever listened to any of WoodenToaster's or TheLivingTombstone's music?

Twilight Sparkle. Twilight is basically objectively the best pony, being the main character.

Twilight is not technically the main character though she could be argued to be. I'm sure you know the "Mane 6".

So yeah, please, shoot me.

Why would I do that?

broohoof anypony? /)

/)*(\\

Reply to My Little Pony: Yay or Neigh?

You must be logged in to post a reply!