ForumsPopular MediaMy Little Pony: Yay or Neigh?

87 40533
Panthera_Leo
Panthera_Leo
24 posts
Bard

I know there are many different opinions about MLP and I want to know what the registered users here at Armor Games think.
If you are against MLP please don't spam or post extremely rude remarks. Comments like "Bronies are f***ing ***s!!!" will be flagged.
I personally like MLP. Brohoof? /)

• 87 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Brony isn't a gender specific word

Female fans are Pegasisters

~~~Darth Caedus
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Female fans are Pegasisters

I'm aware of this mockery of the name..it tries to separate the community instead of keeping them together.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I'm aware of this mockery of the name..it tries to separate the community instead of keeping them together.
This. It's insane how some people find they enjoy My Little Pony and immediately react by saying "no girls allowed!" It's utterly insane.

Anyway, because of new people and stuff I'll repeat some facts (facts, mind you) about MLP.

1. Friendship is Magic is a good show, actually.
2. Bronies only liked MLP because of FiM.
3. I liked ponies before FiM.
4. That makes me not a brony, technically.
5. That makes me better than other people.
6. Season 1 was good and 2 was okay.
7. Season 3 was horrible.
8. Fluttershy is the worst pony.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

2. Bronies only liked MLP because of FiM.
3. I liked ponies before FiM.
4. That makes me not a brony, technically.
5. That makes me better than other people.

that makes you sound like a hipster. that is not something bad, i just wanted to point that out.

6. Season 1 was good and 2 was okay.
7. Season 3 was horrible.
8. Fluttershy is the worst pony.

sounds like an opinion...and i am ok with that, to each their own.

i watched the movie and it was ok. i can not wait for season four!
eunoic
eunoic
50 posts
Nomad

I am not a fan myself, but my little sister is what you would call a "Pegasister" shes 14.

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

I have never gotten why it is so popular? What makes it so attractive to the bronies ?

But brohoof is cool //)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

that makes you sound like a hipster. that is not something bad, i just wanted to point that out.

That would only make him happier.

I am not a fan myself, but my little sister is what you would call a "Pegasister" shes 14.

>Pegasister.
lel

Xzeno and I talked about this literally on this page.

I have never gotten why it is so popular? What makes it so attractive to the bronies ?

Have you ever watched the show?
MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

[quoteHave you ever watched the show?[/quote]
I've watched it one or two times in the past...

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

That would only make him happier.

does that mean he is a hippster, or was that sarcasm?

I've watched it one or two times in the past...

have you seen mlp: fim or some older episodes where they had humans? the newer episodes are much better.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Sorry for reviving a long-dead thread but, considering it was only back on the second page, making a new one would have been just as bad.

I recently started watching FiM and I must say that it is an absolute masterpiece of children's TV (although I'm only partway through season 2 and I know what people say about season 3 so I might have to take that compliment back at some point).

Say what you want (girls TV v boys TV or children's TV v adult's TV etc) but MLP is a wonderful example of /any/ sort of TV program done right. It targets the primary demographic well but also manages to attract a demographic who's pretty much right on the other side of the spectrum.

It also occurred to me, since I started watching MLP, that it's often the simplest messages that can impact us the most. I mean, really, I can sit through some graphic and in-depth war film and see hundreds of people get mowed down and not feel a thing - but the way MLP is written (and the issues it addresses) manages to elicit an emotional reaction from me almost every episode.

benni369
benni369
328 posts
Shepherd

I don't really like it, even though I never watched it. It just sounds too... Girly. (Please don't start saying "How could you not like MLP?" or "I can't believe you don't like MLP!".).

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

I would say that, if you've never seen something, you should withhold making a full judgement on it. MLP really avoids falling into a lot of the awful tropes associated with girls' TV (making it all about boys and make-up and gossip and all that yucky stuff).

Showing 76-87 of 87