ForumsThe Tavern2012 Election: King Maverick the Fourth

43 4616
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

My fellow citizens, you may be aware that it is now election season in my home country. And, being inspired by a recent thread, I have decided that I would run for office as the First King of America. America is facing many problems today, both fiscal and social, and it is my hope that I, King Maverick the Fourth, will be able to solve them. All I ask is for your support on the ballot, and after that I won't need your support to retain control. Please, continue reading to learn more about myself and my campaign. Thanks.

My Stance on Bi-Partisan Bickering:

Gridlock between the two major parties has meant that crucial legislation doesn't get passed when it's most needed. My approach to this problem is to do away with the bicameral system all together with. What needs to be represented is the will of the people, not the will of the party (the party should not be confused with the regime).

My Stance on War:

War between nations will become outdated under my reign. The sole cause of war is differences between nations, and I will unite the world as one nation, so that all might know peace for ever.

My Stance on Woman's Rights and Abortion:

Every woman has the right to do with her body as she will. Therefore it is a heinous crime for a woman not to exercise such a right to her fullest ability. The cessation of pregnancy will be a celebration of that most basic right of women, And I will support this to the fullest extent of my power.

My Stance on Poverty and Disease:

My first act as King of America will be to ban disease and make poverty illegal. The law of the king is supreme in the land, and thus it rings out in all the lands and all obey the law. Humanity will be able, for the first time in its history, to break free of the chains which has ensnared it. No child will ever know lain, or hunger, or disease, and human kind will enter into an eternal peace.

And so I will leave you with that, fair citizens. Feel free to use this thread to ask me any question about policy, world events, or anything else you deem fit.

I am forever humbly, your

King Maverick the Fourth

• 43 Replies
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I do not believe in a eugenics of breed in as much as a eugenics of spirit. Through the proper conditioning, a subject could eventually learn to become a true citizen; all should aspire to attain such a title.

This does not make sense. We're talking about genes here. In other words, do you condone current practices like preimplantation genetic diagnosis that allow parents to have slight control over how their children will end up, and do you envision and support technological innovations for a future in which so-called "designer babies" can be conceived?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Bring back the circus and give the people bread! Follow Juvenal!

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

and I will unite the world as one nation, so that all might know peace for ever.

For there to be peace there will be Pain. Everytime sombody tries to unite the world there is a supreme amount of pain. Everytime they don't even get the job done,but they still cause a great amount of pain.

It would be not possible to do this without war as well.People are too weary of the past and not trusting enough to unite. People are too stubborn to truly realize the potent future,they demand that "those rubbish covered Mexicans stay away!"Its "the people" that say that however,not the ones in office.Of course if they said other wise they wouldn't be re-elected/paid.

Firing all the ones in office would do no well also because then you would have a large group of in-experienced people comming into a great amount of power....

Then again with the world ending in a few months Killersup guesses that it wouldn't really matter.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

why do you want to rule the world, do you know how much work that will be, not to mention the constant threat of assassination.

~~~Darth Caedus' 600th post

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

*Sheogorath accent* You know, you remind me of my friend Pelagius, the First. On his deathbed, he outlawed...Death! That's right! Death! *Sheogorath accent*

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

What are you talking about, exactly?

If I told you that it would ruin my plan. How dumb do you think I am?
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

My fair subjects, we are in the third day of my campaign to ascend the throne. Your participation is much appreciated, and I will recoup your expenditures by answering your questions:

Can you at least make me your janitor?

Unfortunately, employment by the regime requires membership to the party. Your past currently inhibits this, but successful completion of Realignment training will negate this. I'll have a courier notify you at the moment this becomes available.

Tell me, how do you intend to lead the world to peace and prosperity? There are bound to be quite a few people out there who disagree with you, how would you go about forcing your peace on them? (E.G. Iran)

None will be able to resist the song of peace that our people will sing. And should there be those individuals who are determined to remain in the darkness, they will be removed forever.

This does not make sense. We're talking about genes here. In other words, do you condone current practices like preimplantation genetic diagnosis that allow parents to have slight control over how their children will end up, and do you envision and support technological innovations for a future in which so-called "designer babies" can be conceived?

Of course it makes sense. The spirit of an individual can be conditioned unto that of a righteous individual, much in the same way a gardener trims a vine. Some branches will be cut, but the ultimate end will be a more abundant harvest.

It would be not possible to do this

Do not doubt the capabilities of the regime.

Bring back the circus and give the people bread! Follow Juvenal!

A wise man.

why do you want to rule the world,

I do not wish to rule the world, merely guide it towards peace and prosperity.

How dumb do you think I am?

Very, seeing as you have now confessed to plotting against the regime. No matter, you will me your just deserts at the hand of fate.

I remain your humble,

King Maverick IV
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Very, seeing as you have now confessed to plotting against the regime.

Seeing how anything you try to stop me with will be useless I don't believe it really matters that I told you I am plotting against you. Before you take the throne my plan will be set into motion.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

King Maverick IV

What do you feel about education?
Out of everyone in the world...who would be in your monarch-oriented cabinet? Do two different lists, one consisting of AG members and one containing famous people?
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Of course it makes sense. The spirit of an individual can be conditioned unto that of a righteous individual, much in the same way a gardener trims a vine. Some branches will be cut, but the ultimate end will be a more abundant harvest.

Whoa man, you're starting to piss me off with your circumlocution and lack of understanding, and it doesn't help that there are inconsistencies in this campaign. Plz answer the question I posed in the text that you quoted.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Unfortunately, employment by the regime requires membership to the party. Your past currently inhibits this, but successful completion of Realignment training will negate this. I'll have a courier notify you at the moment this becomes available.

Dang... How am I going to pay off that Ferrari I just bought? You promised prosperity and now I'm not getting it! =D

None will be able to resist the song of peace that our people will sing. And should there be those individuals who are determined to remain in the darkness, they will be removed forever.

Okay... Correct me if I'm wrong, but um, how would you "remove" someone, yet still sing a song of peace? Someone who does not share your ideals would have to be forcefully removed, if I'm not mistaken.

Suppose 10,000,000 people did not want a life of peace... How would you handle that?

(Hope you don't mind all my questions, but the leader must share his opinions on this kind of stuff.)
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I have a question, what country do you plan to start out in? because that can make a huge difference.

p.s. Sith Lords bow to no one

~~~Darth Caedus

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

*Sheogorath Accent*
Hate to rain on your tiny, puny, expendable little mortal parade, Maverick, but I am already running for control:
http://www.deviantart.com/download/97891320/Sheogorath_08___by_RavengerX.png
Ha HA HA!
*Sheogorath Accent*

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I don't want that yellow-eyed, Christopher Lee-lookin' fella as my king. Mav, you have my vote until one of the other candidates decides to get their act together.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Don't worry, I'm not here to belittle anyone or complain about the general state of AG.

Right, what I really want are some good soundbites. This is my question for you, candidates. In terms a mentally retarded gorilla could understand, why should we vote for you?

Showing 16-30 of 43