ForumsThe Tavern2012 Election: King Maverick the Fourth

43 4628
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

My fellow citizens, you may be aware that it is now election season in my home country. And, being inspired by a recent thread, I have decided that I would run for office as the First King of America. America is facing many problems today, both fiscal and social, and it is my hope that I, King Maverick the Fourth, will be able to solve them. All I ask is for your support on the ballot, and after that I won't need your support to retain control. Please, continue reading to learn more about myself and my campaign. Thanks.

My Stance on Bi-Partisan Bickering:

Gridlock between the two major parties has meant that crucial legislation doesn't get passed when it's most needed. My approach to this problem is to do away with the bicameral system all together with. What needs to be represented is the will of the people, not the will of the party (the party should not be confused with the regime).

My Stance on War:

War between nations will become outdated under my reign. The sole cause of war is differences between nations, and I will unite the world as one nation, so that all might know peace for ever.

My Stance on Woman's Rights and Abortion:

Every woman has the right to do with her body as she will. Therefore it is a heinous crime for a woman not to exercise such a right to her fullest ability. The cessation of pregnancy will be a celebration of that most basic right of women, And I will support this to the fullest extent of my power.

My Stance on Poverty and Disease:

My first act as King of America will be to ban disease and make poverty illegal. The law of the king is supreme in the land, and thus it rings out in all the lands and all obey the law. Humanity will be able, for the first time in its history, to break free of the chains which has ensnared it. No child will ever know lain, or hunger, or disease, and human kind will enter into an eternal peace.

And so I will leave you with that, fair citizens. Feel free to use this thread to ask me any question about policy, world events, or anything else you deem fit.

I am forever humbly, your

King Maverick the Fourth

• 43 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

My fellow subjects, fear not, for your king is back from his day long sojourn. It warms my heart to see so many members of the populace taking such an interest in the government. A citizenry that learns makes for a stronger citizenry, and I hope that by answering your questions, I might assist in such learning:

Seeing how anything you try to stop me with will be useless I don't believe it really matters that I told you I am plotting against you. Before you take the throne my plan will be set into motion.

Unfortunately, I'll have to take such a statement as a confession of guilt. You will have the honor of being the first individual tried in the Imperial Courts for High Treason and Plotting Against Humanity. You will be informed of your court date in the near future.

What do you feel about education?

Education is a double edged sword. Those who receive the proper education can be great benefactors of humanity like myself, but those who receive incorrect education can only serve to lead their follows backwards. As King, you have my promise that I will fight to ensure that our future is secured by a well educated citizenry.

Out of everyone in the world...who would be in your monarch-oriented cabinet? Do two different lists, one consisting of AG members and one containing famous people?

Members of my Cabinet have already been chosen, and have started to assist in my rule. While the interests of the World State's security prohibits me from revealing their names, I can assure you that they are working tirelessly to better humanity.

Whoa man, you're starting to piss me off with your circumlocution and lack of understanding, and it doesn't help that there are inconsistencies in this campaign

Recently passed legislation makes it illegal to cast libel against the World State. Such a crime will be severely punished. You have been warned.

But to be fair to the rest of the citizens. And so that they might learn from your mistake, I have come up with a list on how a good member of the World State will act:

1) A good citizen will not speak out against the regime. Enemies of the regime are hidden everywhere, and such talk sends a message of disunity and weakness to our enemies. Thus all good citizens who are for humanity are for the World State.

2) A good citizen will follow the laws of the World State, and obey its officials. To break the law is to act against your fellow man and citizen, which is classified as a Crime Against Humanity (CAG) and will be punished severely.

I will add more to this list as I, my cabinet, or you the citizens see fit.

Dang... How am I going to pay off that Ferrari I just bought? You promised prosperity and now I'm not getting it! =D

Material prosperity is frowned upon as it disrupts the economy of the World State, but prosperity of the spirit which is attained through retraining makes one truly wealthy.

(
Hope you don't mind all my questions, but the leader must share his opinions on this kind of stuff.)

I do not mind the questions friend, but in order to attain world harmony, peace, and prosperity, current operations must be kept classified. Once the true World State has been formed, you will be free to look at such documents as they become declassified.

Mav, you have my vote until one of the other candidates decides to get their act together.

Thankyou, friend, for your support. You can continue to do so by voicing and lauding the World State.

This is my question for you, candidates. In terms a mentally retarded gorilla could understand, why should we vote for you?

Humanity as a whole is on the fast track to disaster; only a strong citizen may change this course. As King, I will be that citizen as I guide human kind to an age of eternal prosperity. Until that is achieved, I will work tirelessly to advance humanity in all aspects, be it in education or science. The True World State is humanities best, last hope for humanity; all who say otherwise would lead humanity into an everlasting age of darkness.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Of course humanity is on the fast track for disaster, but sane people started that, which is precisely why I should take control. An insane person at the helm would do wonders.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Recently passed legislation makes it illegal to cast libel against the World State. Such a crime will be severely punished. You have been warned.

But to be fair to the rest of the citizens. And so that they might learn from your mistake, I have come up with a list on how a good member of the World State will act:

1) A good citizen will not speak out against the regime. Enemies of the regime are hidden everywhere, and such talk sends a message of disunity and weakness to our enemies. Thus all good citizens who are for humanity are for the World State.

2) A good citizen will follow the laws of the World State, and obey its officials. To break the law is to act against your fellow man and citizen, which is classified as a Crime Against Humanity (CAG) and will be punished severely.

Plz answer original question.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Plz answer original question.

You don't understand politics do you rayoflight? They NEVER answer the original question.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

You don't understand politics do you rayoflight? They NEVER answer the original question.

Doesn't mean I can't probe.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Material prosperity is frowned upon as it disrupts the economy of the World State, but prosperity of the spirit which is attained through retraining makes one truly wealthy.

How exactly will spiritual prosperity improve the world economy? Quite a few people care more about personal possessions then they do about themselves. (I still think that I deserve the Ferrari, but if I don't get it, who cares...)

I do not mind the questions friend, but in order to attain world harmony, peace, and prosperity, current operations must be kept classified. Once the true World State has been formed, you will be free to look at such documents as they become declassified.

Oh I see. You don't have an answer like most other political figures. I thought this was too good to be true.
PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad

Well you cannot rule the whole world by yourself. Do what Hitler wanted and split it up. Can I have Antarctica?

Of course no one man can rule the world. Which is why I will not rule the world, but guide it into a new age of peace and prosperity.

You're just handing out land masses to strangers? Sounds questionable.

This isn't jingoism because I make no threat of war. Rather, I will let peace be my sword and love be my shield

If you make no threat of war why are you carrying a sword and shield around. Seems quite threatening and an act of war to me.

Unfortunately, as you can see above, there will be those who will wish to see this regime of peace destroyed. We must be ever diligent against those who would lead humanity backwards, instead of forwards.

I humbly remain, your

King Maverick IV

When you say stuff like that you sound like a good old tyrant/dictator, not unlike Hitler 0.o

BAM Godwins law
PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad

Whoa man, you're starting to piss me off with your circumlocution and lack of understanding, and it doesn't help that there are inconsistencies in this campaign. Plz answer the question I posed in the text that you quoted.

He is answering your original question, you just do not understand the answer 0_0
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

You're just handing out land masses to strangers?

If you actually read the whole thread he never gave me Antarctica. But it will be mine. Mav's reign will come crashing down, it will just take time.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Are you going to remove all of our freedoms? Well they are censored a bit, but will you remove them for good?

Hey...if Daleks gets to have Antartica, then I call the North Pole! If you are not kind to my reindeer and elves, I will tell Santa to put you on the naughty list!

But seriously...I want Russia.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I have more to say:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-FHKVibl4CfU/UIOSbBwoLlI/AAAAAAAABAQ/CNRnCTqg9ZU/s370/sheogorath.jpeg

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Just shut up and give him his crown already. I'm itching for regicide.

Showing 31-42 of 43