ForumsForum GamesArcania Maximum (RP)

49 8303
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

It is the begining of the 17th century and the world had united into two massive kingodms. Tyria, the westlands, enjoy peaceful living and stable conditions. The second kingdom, Armadon, faces a drought. It's also a time of innovation last seen in the the Renaissance. Most people have a small amount of Arcane ability. The world currently faces a global war as the eldest prince is assasinated.

Appication Form:
Name:
Kingdom:
Class:
Bio: (Your backstory)

*You may have three characters if you wish

My two so far:
Name: Dalar Almari
Kingdom: Tyria
Class: Mage
Bio: Family has been the royalty since the formation of the lands. He is very wise but getting older.

Name: Moland Rodash
Kindom: Armadon
Class: Warrior
Bio: He has risen to power by elimanting the previous royals believing them weak. He will anything to save and protect his kingdom he spent years in service for.

Your bio can be as long as you want

• 49 Replies
ninjanick
ninjanick
180 posts
Shepherd

(heliomancer, now that is an interesting class!)

Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

Name: Apollo Hilfestidae
Class: Heliomancer
Bio: Not much is known of Apollo, save for the fact that he is known for his magic revolving around the Sun. Nobody knows how he learned how to manipulate the heavenly bodies, but he had confirmed that just about every speculation was incorrect.
--------------------------------------------------------------
*hears a voice calling and turns*
"Hmm..."
*walks toward the stand*
"Do you sell... any glass... items?"

ninjanick
ninjanick
180 posts
Shepherd

Porteor, the strange
kingdom: Armadon
Class: mechomancer
Bio: Working in a busy trade shop in town, Porteor has honed his skills at creating the clever and strange. able to build and use devices that use complex parts and gears.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Glass? just glass?"
"A Riddle! what is the only problem a mecheomancer can't solve?"
"MAKE IT SIMPLER!"
*Lets out merry laugh*
*fumbles in pocket*
"I do have this part that was left over. Its a small magnification glass. It makes thing bigger, or concentrates light, or....."
*looks at it in deep thought but jerks his head away*
"But its yours, you solved my riddle, its your prize"
*shove it in your hands and walks away before you can say anything.*

Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

Bio: Not much is known of Apollo, save for the fact that he is known for his magic revolving around the Sun. Nobody knows how he learned how to manipulate the heavenly bodies, but he had confirmed that just about every speculation was incorrect.
*has no idea what just happened*
"Terranians are so strange..."
*pockets glass and wanders off*

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Out out the game comment :
I don't think in rpg your allowed to speak from the name of other player.Also i think everything is going too fast for some of the players, and the others that usually read this post twice a week, are confused.

ninjanick
ninjanick
180 posts
Shepherd

(I interacted with him and it turned out fine, besides you left the fair.)

Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

*after browsing the various sights at the fair, comes across a run-down looking cart (AngelicDreams)*
"Intrigue. This seems almost out of place here.
*knocks on side of cart*

AngelicDreams
AngelicDreams
44 posts
Nomad

Name: Aria Debontres Ruathane
Kingdom: Mixed (Tyrian Mother, Armadonian Father)
Class: Tarot Caster
Bio: Born in a tiny village on the border, Aria had an eclectic upbringing. Her mother, Sonata Debontres, made a living through divination, though her cards could do more than simply reveal likely futures. Her father, an Armadonian scholar, taught her the more practical fields of archery and history, though the occasional fencing lesson was thrown in. Her life was a happy one, and she often found herself mingling with the children of the nobility while her father tutored their children or her mother read their fortunes. Aria became accustomed to the intrigues of court and the pompousness of high society,learning to keep her disdain in check. When she was old enough, she began to work beside her mother, reading fortunes, while secretly mastering the art of wielding arcane energies through her cards, summoning creatures and weapons, unleashing the elements, and binding spirits. Her training was nearly complete when the bandits sacked village, burning down her home with her parents inside. When she confronted one of them, intent on stealing her maidenhood, she let her passion for revenge cloud her judgement, unleashing her fury on the brigand, slaughtering him. Too late she realized that he was not some highwayman, but a soldier, sent by gods know who for unknown reasons, but targeting her home. With no talent fr tracking, the others escaped her, leaving her with only questions and sorrow.

Aria stands as someone raps at her door, retrieving her deck and quickly turning the top card over, Revealing the Sun card. Her mind is immediately flooded with a thousand images and impressions of a life that does not belong to her, making her draw in a breath as the pieces fall into place in her mind. She smoothes her skirts and slowly pushes open her door, stepping out to smile at the man dressed in foreign garb, lifting her skirts as she curtsies.

"Greetings, mi'lord, how may I be of service to you today?"

Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

*bows in return*
"Good day to you. I was... wondering what this... cart is doing here."
*looks embarrassed after realizing his halting speech*
"It looks like... some type of... gypsy caravan, or am I... mistaken?"

AngelicDreams
AngelicDreams
44 posts
Nomad

Bio: Born in a tiny village on the border, Aria had an eclectic upbringing. Her mother, Sonata Debontres, made a living through divination, though her cards could do more than simply reveal likely futures. Her father, an Armadonian scholar, taught her the more practical fields of archery and history, though the occasional fencing lesson was thrown in. Her life was a happy one, and she often found herself mingling with the children of the nobility while her father tutored their children or her mother read their fortunes. Aria became accustomed to the intrigues of court and the pompousness of high society,learning to keep her disdain in check. When she was old enough, she began to work beside her mother, reading fortunes, while secretly mastering the art of wielding arcane energies through her cards, summoning creatures and weapons, unleashing the elements, and binding spirits. Her training was nearly complete when the bandits sacked village, burning down her home with her parents inside. When she confronted one of them, intent on stealing her maidenhood, she let her passion for revenge cloud her judgement, unleashing her fury on the brigand, slaughtering him. Too late she realized that he was not some highwayman, but a soldier, sent by gods know who for unknown reasons, but targeting her home. With no talent fr tracking, the others escaped her, leaving her with only questions and sorrow.

Aria giggles a bit at the mans flustered response.

"I suppose that is an apt description, given that I'm setting up here to dispense charms, the odd magical balm, and the occasional reading. However, I must confess that I am not Romani, just a simple country girl with meager talents, my sun worshipping friend. No more, and no less. Could I interest you in a reading, it will only cost you a few bits of silver?"

Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

Apollo looks interested, but seems to consider the young girl's offer first.
"Very well, I... doubt it could be... detrimental."
He forms a very faint smile as he holds out a bag of silver coins.

AngelicDreams
AngelicDreams
44 posts
Nomad

Aria takes the bag with a smile, stepping aside to welcome her guest into her wagon, showing him to a tiny table with two comfortable chairs at opposing sides. She offers him one chair while sitting in the other, making her deck appear with a flick of the wrist, asking him to hold an end of it while she holds the other, taking a small sample of his energy into it. She feels it swirling around through her own, before it settles, setting it to the side with a smile, pulling the first card and setting it in the center.

"The first card represents the core of your current concerns, The knight of staves. it tells me that you are in a period of restlessness, discontent with your current situation, you hunger for a little adventure."

"The second card is that which opposes you, the Moon. be wary the night, for something stalks you in the shadows, something which you though vanquished, something bestial, primal."

"The third cause is the root case of your dilemma, the lovers inverted. Somewhere along the way you have broken someones heart, jilted a lover, or deprived someone of there's. Be wary those who act in the name of lost love, for they have little to lose, and may stop at nothing to obtain satisfaction.

"The fourth card represents your past, the tower inverted. You have come out of a period of seclusion, perhaps study, imprisonment, or conscription, and seek to leave it behind you, taking from it wisdom, and leaving behind hardship."

"The fifth card represents what could be ahead of you, the Queen of Cups. There will be a woman in your future, who at first you may be tempted to overlook because her ways are strange to you. Heed her counsel, for though she may be a mystery, she will show you the path to your own salvation."

"The sixth card represents your immediate future, the Hanged Man. You are soon going to find yourself accused of a grievance, and you will have no choice but to either flee or face unacceptable consequences, be mindful who you may slight, and be prepared to make drastic changes to your plans."

"The seventh card represents you, The Fool. Now don't let that worry you, the fool represents how we all begin, naive and innocent of the way of the world, it represents that some aspect of your thoughts has not been corrupted by the unwholesome practicalities that we have to deal with every day, but you should be wary who you trust, for there are those who would take advantage of you."

The eighth card represents your environment, the hermit inverted. you will not be alone when these challenges begin, draw to yourself those with unusual talents, and heed their wisdom in matters beyond your understanding, for only if you work together can you ensure success."

"The ninth card represents your hopes and fears, the Devil. Right now your discontent and hunger for change is leading you on a path you do not want to go down, the time to make a change had arrived, do not hesitate to seize the opportunity"

Aria draws one more card, looks at it, and sets it back down on top of her deck, smiling at her guest.

"Is here anything else I can aid you with, milord? Do not worry unduly what the cards may reveal, they represent only possibility, though what they reveal to us about our thoughts can often help us come to terms with realities that we know to be true, but do not wish to accept."

Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

"Thank you, milady. Though I fear the... accuracy of the cards."
*Apollo bows and bids farewell to the fortune teller before exiting the cart*
*muttering to self* "Maybe... just maybe... ×"× ×× ×××"×¢×× ×©×× × ×-×£ ×פשע."
*Apollo walks away*

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The girl thinks for a moment "There is a underground passage I could get you in through. It's not very deep so we won't get lost ." she says then smiles as he asks for food "Of course. Come with me and i'll get you some from a local store here." She says taking his hand and pulling him as she moves towards a food stand across the plaza.

Dlar smiles as he sees Renald "Hello there. Nice of you pay this old soul a visit. Something troubling you." he says in his wise gaze. His face hid his sorrow. He has always been a happy man.

ninjanick
ninjanick
180 posts
Shepherd

Porteor, the strange
kingdom: Armadon
Class: mechomancer
Bio: Working in a busy trade shop in town, Porteor has honed his skills at creating the clever and strange. able to build and use devices that use complex parts and gears
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*comes by riding on the "wonder cart", it seems to run on steam comming out of a vertical pipe*
(To kipton) "HEY! it's the riddle master!"
*pulls a lever to stop the cart*
"do you need a ride? prehaps some lodging?"

Showing 31-45 of 49