ForumsWEPRWanna-be Gangsters, a.k.a. "Wangsters"

30 7576
Flamegoat
Flamegoat
34 posts
Nomad

Ok, hi this is just something i have been wanting to do os bad mow. I hate wanna-be gangsters, a.k.a. "Wangsters." Basiclly because they think they are real gangsters, but they do not know the meaning at all. Also, it's frusterating when they keep saying "Nigga" in every sentnce. It's like all they ever say in a simle sentence. They could be going up to their grandma and greeting her, "Yo wussup Nigga!" and give her a heart attack.

Yeah so support me and this topic, and hopefully put up some comments on it. OK Thanks!!!

• 30 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

First of all, never say the "N word" right in a public forum. That can be very offensive to any African American that comes and looks at this thread.

Second of all, this probably belongs in the tavern. This isn't world events, politics or religion.

Third of all, I though wangsters were white gangsters. I think what you are trying to talk about are posers.

Flamegoat
Flamegoat
34 posts
Nomad

dude its isnt the n word did you notice "a" istead of the "i"

and im very sorry if it did offend people

i also forgot i wasn't in the tavern anymore, i actually thought i was in it.

fancypantsnick
fancypantsnick
29 posts
Nomad

dude i know wat your sayin.

at my old school (which was a middle school cuz now im in high school ) the grade 6ers would always try to pick fights and act all tough. Wats funny is that you can basically pick them up and through them cuz they're so short

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

We all know what you are talking about no matter how you say it. And what "i?" it is spelled with an "er"

anyway, I still see this is spam, mostly because it is offensive.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Is this a thread about black people who think they are blick or about white people who think they are black? ie wiggers i am confused. Either way i dont like either of them.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

Hey!!!! im from the hood, not telling you people, but i know what im talking about. the "N" word that you say is always used by everybody. sometimes, its used to show that the guy is your friend. we dont use it all the time but we use it with ever race there is. and yeah there are a lot of wanna be gangsters. but in my hood, a gang is what you need to be in. its not if you want to you need to be in one. they protect you and sometimes get you easy money. im personally not in a gang cause im too old but when i was younger i used to be. it was not those who go and kill for no reason. it was a peaceful one that look out for each other. they were african american, spanish, puerto rican, and some middle eastern. but in your case if people try to act tough snuff him. oh yea and we never use one curse word in our family or our home, a lot of us though.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Sounds like a pretty nice hood to me kielzane i think you are lying. Cum down Brixton and manzll shoot u if u call anyone a n****. You have no idea.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

hey im not lying. and no i dont go around calling people that word. of coarse im sure you call your friends that and no its not a nice one its just a small gang that my friends have made. and believe me i do live these neighborhoods man. its not like harlem or anything like dat. but there is a lot of things like that man. ITS NOT NICE!!!!!

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Where do u live US or UK guess its different but London aint a nice place atm. Lots changed since i left. Also i am balck but i dont call people n**** i use their names. And also WTF is callin people n****s who aint even black. Where i come from if u call urself a n**** and u aint black u will get shanked up man. It sounds to me like u from a weird ass neighbourhood and had weird ass friends. A gang of kids who aint all black callin each other n**** is just odd.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

yea im from america and we do call people that. its just like that. and a good majority of us are african american. you could call em that word if you know em. but if you bump into some guy in the street and call him that you will get shot. people worship the bloods gang, i dont know if you heard of them, but yea. they are scary. i just try to mind my own busness in my own gang, sams, and not get caught up in dat stuff. just hang out with them and play basketball. i dont like using the n word here cause you dont call no body that or say it if you dont know them.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Really to be honest, it's a valid thread here because we're talking about identity politics.

The whole phenomenon is quite simple: The explanation can be found through the influence of gangsta rap from as early as the late 80s as the East-West coast rivalry was getting really heated up. It spread into mainstream and suddenly all these white suburban kids latched onto a way of expressing hostility and making themselves look tougher by appropriating these terms without actually living in, say, Compton, or the Bronx.

Wiggers is the popular term for "white kids who like to act black" and is, in this case, synonymous with the proposed "wangster". Wangster sounds pretty derogatory though, I like how it conveys the sense of disapproval :P

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Haha, I would rather be called white kid than wangster. The East-West coast rivalries really started what we call the gangstas. There are branches of gangs pretty much everywhere, and they consist of various races and colors. Back then it was black guys, but it has opened slightly to the other races.

In our present day, it is used as insults, or compliments. If you were told, "Yo dude, you are so white," it isn't referring to the race, it simply means not black. So if you were called black, it simply means that your "ghetto" or whatever kids call it these days. It also started the stereotype that all black guys are ghetto (Which is quite ludicris) and all white guys are just loser (Hopefully not ALL of them) XP

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I have a Nigerian dad but that doesnt make me African English i think of myslef as English as it is here i was born and raised. I think sayin the word n**** is more of an American thing. Most people in UK just say bruv or blud but n**** is sometimes used. And yes i have heard of the bloods and crips evry1 has. But in England it is crews like MDP DSK are the ones in my area where i used to live and they were pretty dangerous altho we dont have guns over here so they used to all carry knives and stuff. I think UK and US culture is similar with little differences. There arent manny wiggers in the UK cos white people over here are generally very acceptive of peoples cultures, and white people who act black are just weird.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

There arent manny wiggers in the UK cos white people over here are generally very acceptive of peoples cultures, and white people who act black are just weird.

I reckon that the cultural differences between the 'black' populations in the US and the UK are historically based. As far as I know, the black populations in the UK are largely immigrants in more recent decades. However, the African-American history in the US is one of persecution and slavery, the shackles of which have not been shaken off even today, so entrenched is the mindset and so enduring are the real differences in many measures of outcomes of quality of life.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I agree my dad came over to the UK in the 60s and most black people from England came over after WW2. I think the US has a different attitude and many black Americans say n**** with a sense of pride with regards to their ancestry.

Showing 1-15 of 30