ForumsForum GamesGenesis IV

81 9824
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The scout-bird set down onto the earth is a billowing cloud of dust and debris, like some bejeweled insect alighting on an alien world. The bay doors on the side opened up with a hiss as the cabin depressurized, and four troopers in HDEP suits stepped. The micro-panels on the suit changed from a steel grey to a spackled green and brown to match the forest surroundings.

One of the troopers pulled out a small device, and held it aloft in the air. After several moments, the device chirped loudly.

"Atmosphere is breathable," he said, pocketing his device. The other three nodded in reply. "But keep your respirators on, incase of foreign pathogens. Fan out in a local search pattern, report back in five mikes. Move!"

The three men scattered, and soon dissapeared into the trees. The leader of the men switched his radio frequency, and called in to the orbiting strike ship of the American Legion.

"LS Seraphim, this is Ajax 4-1. We have secured the DZ. Activating the emitter now." He pressed a small screen on his wrist, and a small canister fell out of the back of his suit.

His in suit radio crackled to life. "Copy Ajax 4-1. First wave of marines will touchdown after briefing. ETA two hours. Seraphim out."

800,000 feet above, the Legion strike ship Seraphim orbited the planet. The first of the Athena line of ships, she was only challenged by the battleships of the Interstellar fleet. She boasted the lastest in electronic emitter arrays, neutrino weapons, and boasted a hyper warp drive which enabled her to travel just under the speed of light. Her greatest calability, though, was the contigent of 15,000 crack marines on board. The first wave of 2,500 were currently in the main hangar.

A man stood in front of several large screens. Arrayed around him were 2,500 marines preparing to touch down on the planet. He was explaining the new HDEP suits.

"The Committee has authorised this colonization mission to be the first large scale test of the HDEP suit. Made from High Density Electron Plating, the suit is the greatest advancement in personal protection since the invention of portable shield generators. On top of this, the suit is self powered, self contained, and has the ability to change color in response to the surroundings."

"The helmet contains an HUD that shows a small map, as well as being able to view any number of information blocs such as direction faced, windage, and objective direction. The rear of the chestplate holds a small cavity, in which unit leaders will have a beacon and medics will have a Portadoc."

"Five groups of 500 will touch down via the heavy landers. You're to secure your objectives and await further orders. Atmosphere is breathable, but no one is authorized to remove their helmet. Our planetologists our working on getting the environmental control satelites in orbit, so until than expect adverse weather conditions. Scans show some populations of carbon-based natives, and the Legate has ordered all natives expendable."

As he spoke, technicians began to disperse suits among the marines.

"We need Genesis IV gentleman. Failure is not an option. Good luck, and godspeed." He walked off the stage, and it sank into the flight deck. The screens began to retract into the ceiling.

Nearly fully suited, you put your helmet on. It secures, and a whirring sound can be heard as it locks in place and pressurizes. Suddenly, a female voice a female voice fills your ears.

"Hello. My name is is SARAH, or Sensory Awareness and Required Assistory Helper. I will introduce you to the HDEP suit. If you have any questions at any time, simply speak 'SARAH' and I will offer assistance. But before we begin, would you tell me the following information?"

Name: (Derp)
Callsign: (Will be assigned)
Unit: (Will be assigned)
Branch: American Legion Interstellar Marines (ALIM)
Mother Ship: LS Seraphim
-----
Health: 50/50
-----
Suit Specifications: Unknown
Suit Status: Good
Suit Ability: Unknown
Primary Weapon: None
Secondary Weapon: None

• 81 Replies
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: Ludwig Von Heichner
-----
-----

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name: Matvey Pavlov
-----
-----

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Callsign: Copper 3-7
Unit: 3rd Legion, 1st Battalion, 2nd Scouts
-----
-----

"Thank you. The HDEP Suit contains an advanced HUD to assist the soldier in his warfighting capabilities. Yours currently displays a map, compass, ambient temperature, as well as your body vitals."

As SARAH lists the features, they each appear on your visor. They take up the edges, but still leave you plenty of room to see. A small arrow appears in the corner.

"This arrow directs you to your approximate objective. It currently leads to the Quartermaster's depot, where you will receive your weapons. Please follow it now."

You follow the direction of the arrow, and note that the number below it changes as you get closer. You reach the line, and are soon in the front.

SARAH speaks up. "The left palm of your suit contains your ID, as well as the information you have provided. I will automatically update it as needed. Please place your left hand on the scanner in front of you to receive your assignment."

You place your gloved palm onto the scanner. It glows, and your hand tingles. A bored voice suddenly fills your helmet.

"Right, Von Heichner comma Ludwig. You'll be assigned to 3rd Legion, 1st Battalion, 2nd Scouts, callsign Copper 2-8. Records indicate you've qualified on the Repeater, Carbine, and Pitt-Bull. I can remind you about them if you've forgotten, or you can go ahead and choose."
Unit: 2nd Legion, 4th Battalion, 1st Raiders
-----
-----

"Thank you. The HDEP Suit contains an advanced HUD to assist the soldier in his warfighting capabilities. Yours currently displays a map, compass, ambient temperature, as well as your body vitals."

As SARAH lists the features, they each appear on your visor. They take up the edges, but still leave you plenty of room to see. A small arrow appears in the corner.

"This arrow directs you to your approximate objective. It currently leads to the Quartermaster's depot, where you will receive your weapons. Please follow it now."

You follow the direction of the arrow, and note that the number below it changes as you get closer. You reach the line, and are soon in the front.

SARAH speaks up. "The left palm of your suit contains your ID, as well as the information you have provided. I will automatically update it as needed. Please place your left hand on the scanner in front of you to receive your assignment."

You place your gloved palm onto the scanner. It glows, and your hand tingles. A bored voice suddenly fills your helmet.

"Legionary Matvey Pavlov, Christ, what a name. You're in the 2nd Legion, 4th Battalion, 1st Raiders, callsign is Raven 1-4. Computer says you're qualified on the Carbine, Ratchet, and the Scattergun. I can tell you a bit about them, if you want me to. Or you can go ahead and take one."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Callsign: Raven 1-4
-----
-----

"Rachet, sir." he says with a wisp of russian accent

OI MAV! if you got any time, check out Rpol

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

whoops, i wanted info on the rachet

info on the Rachet, sir.

fixd
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

Rpol?

"AA-3 Ratchet. Shoulder mounted heavy weapon. Capable of firing a multitude of rounds, including neutrino, scatter burst, abd antiarmor. Units with the Ratchet are authorised to use flechette, scatter burst, and Dragon's Breath rounds. Anything else?"

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

here where me, dibs, dragon, hyper, and noobs moved to

you can see a faint hint of a smile, that is quickly suppressed "Ratchet it is then, please."

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

-----
-----
Primary Weapon: AA-3 Ratchet-S 12/12 [9]
Secondary Weapon: Primo Laser Bolt Pistol 9/9 [4]

Sorry man. Pretty busy as it is, since I'll have to do this on top of my APs. But hows the Sperrgerat going?

A panel in the wall opens up, and reveals the Ratchet, as well as a secondary and ammunition. You notice that there are suddenly nine depressions in your suit's right forearm, where you can place the canisters. SARAH fills your helmet.

"Designed by Crisis Corporation, the AA-3 Ratchet offers a powerful combination of portability and firepower. The Ratchet is a shoulder fired, depletable canister weapon. A canister is inserted into the weapon, and then expelled from the rear when depleted. You have been authorised to use flechette rounds, scatter burst, and Dragon's Breath rounds. The flechette round fires several thousand micro razors, and is ideal at clearing brush or used against massed personnel. Scatter burst fire a timed round, which can be activated by speaking 'Detonate' into your Helmet. Upon exploding, it unleashes an area blast of light and sound, disorienting enemies. Finally, Dragon's Breath rounds fire a combination of flammable jelly and ball bearings."

"This model is the AA-3 Ratchet-S. It is different from the Ratchet in that it is 9 inches shorter, at 32 inches long. However, it has slightly less range."

"You will notice on your HUD a small reticle has appeared. This will approximate very closely the point where your weapon is being aimed. For more accurate shot placement, press the red button above the foregrip."

"Do you have any further questions?"

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

i quit it a while ago, but been doing good, hyper is really inactive right now though, homework and stuff. I have to say, Rpol is perfect for that game.

-----
-----

"No sir."

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"Thanks. I know you've got to go through the monotony of this with about 2,000 other souls, but I'd like a run down on the Carbine and Repeater."

Garriss
Garriss
1,023 posts
Nomad

Name: Aurom Petra
Callsign:
Unit:
Branch: American Legion Interstellar Marines
Mother Ship: L.S. Seraphim
-----
-----

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

Name: Jon Eclipsis Sol Lunaris Antonio Montana Dakota Makarov O'Hara Vexin
-----
-----

Me and my ridiculously long name are in

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

@Maverick: I have a wonderful joke in mind. Can you put me and Ichigo in the same squad?

Name: Jeles Raze
Callsign:
Unit:
-----
-----

"I would like to get a melee weapon if possible, Sarah."

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

Well she is Asian. Tell them I said hi, next time you see them.

That was SARAH speaking. She is female.

"If you have any further questions about the mission, planet, or weapons, please ask. I have access to a database of information. If not, please follow the objective arrow to your drop ship."

-----
-----

"It's my job. Flying a desk beats the hell out of getting my boots muddy on some rock."

"The Carbine is a short, medium powered assault rifle. It lacks the range and fire power of the Battle Assault Rifle (BAR), but makes up for it in rate of fire and accuracy. Semi automatic or fully automatic, enhanced optical zoom, and you're authorized the use of incendiary rounds. Plus its not very long, which makes it ideal for urban, or in your case, wooded environments."

"The Repeater is an area suppression device. Can fire out several thousand rounds in a minute, but you'll have to wear a battery pack on your back which'll slow you down. 35 inches long, standard energy ammunition, and high penetration. This is one mean *****, but pretty tame compared to the Pitt-Bull."

Name: Aurom Petra
Callsign:
Unit:
-----
-----

"Aurom Petra, Legionary. Welcome to 1st Legion, 2nd Battalion, 1st Infantry. Callsign Granite 1-16, how ironic. Computer indicates you've trained with the Roaster, Pitt-Bull, and Battle Assault Rifle. I can tell you a bit about them, or you can go ahead and pick one."

Name: Jon Eclipsis Sol Lunaris Antonio Montana Dakota Makarov O'Hara Vexin
-----
-----

MAy be a shorter name? Just to humor me?

Name: Jeles Raze
Callsign:
Unit:
-----
-----

Lulz, you don't even mnow what SARAH is. And call me Mav please.

"This arrow directs you to your approximate objective. It currently leads to the Quartermaster's depot, where you will receive your weapons. However, my database says you have files both a unit request and a weapons request. You are only authorized to have one. Which will you choose?

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

Name: Jon Eclipsis Sol Lunaris Antonio Montana Makarov O'Hara Vexin
-----
-----

I took one part out happy?

Showing 1-15 of 81