ForumsForum GamesGenesis IV

81 9823
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The scout-bird set down onto the earth is a billowing cloud of dust and debris, like some bejeweled insect alighting on an alien world. The bay doors on the side opened up with a hiss as the cabin depressurized, and four troopers in HDEP suits stepped. The micro-panels on the suit changed from a steel grey to a spackled green and brown to match the forest surroundings.

One of the troopers pulled out a small device, and held it aloft in the air. After several moments, the device chirped loudly.

"Atmosphere is breathable," he said, pocketing his device. The other three nodded in reply. "But keep your respirators on, incase of foreign pathogens. Fan out in a local search pattern, report back in five mikes. Move!"

The three men scattered, and soon dissapeared into the trees. The leader of the men switched his radio frequency, and called in to the orbiting strike ship of the American Legion.

"LS Seraphim, this is Ajax 4-1. We have secured the DZ. Activating the emitter now." He pressed a small screen on his wrist, and a small canister fell out of the back of his suit.

His in suit radio crackled to life. "Copy Ajax 4-1. First wave of marines will touchdown after briefing. ETA two hours. Seraphim out."

800,000 feet above, the Legion strike ship Seraphim orbited the planet. The first of the Athena line of ships, she was only challenged by the battleships of the Interstellar fleet. She boasted the lastest in electronic emitter arrays, neutrino weapons, and boasted a hyper warp drive which enabled her to travel just under the speed of light. Her greatest calability, though, was the contigent of 15,000 crack marines on board. The first wave of 2,500 were currently in the main hangar.

A man stood in front of several large screens. Arrayed around him were 2,500 marines preparing to touch down on the planet. He was explaining the new HDEP suits.

"The Committee has authorised this colonization mission to be the first large scale test of the HDEP suit. Made from High Density Electron Plating, the suit is the greatest advancement in personal protection since the invention of portable shield generators. On top of this, the suit is self powered, self contained, and has the ability to change color in response to the surroundings."

"The helmet contains an HUD that shows a small map, as well as being able to view any number of information blocs such as direction faced, windage, and objective direction. The rear of the chestplate holds a small cavity, in which unit leaders will have a beacon and medics will have a Portadoc."

"Five groups of 500 will touch down via the heavy landers. You're to secure your objectives and await further orders. Atmosphere is breathable, but no one is authorized to remove their helmet. Our planetologists our working on getting the environmental control satelites in orbit, so until than expect adverse weather conditions. Scans show some populations of carbon-based natives, and the Legate has ordered all natives expendable."

As he spoke, technicians began to disperse suits among the marines.

"We need Genesis IV gentleman. Failure is not an option. Good luck, and godspeed." He walked off the stage, and it sank into the flight deck. The screens began to retract into the ceiling.

Nearly fully suited, you put your helmet on. It secures, and a whirring sound can be heard as it locks in place and pressurizes. Suddenly, a female voice a female voice fills your ears.

"Hello. My name is is SARAH, or Sensory Awareness and Required Assistory Helper. I will introduce you to the HDEP suit. If you have any questions at any time, simply speak 'SARAH' and I will offer assistance. But before we begin, would you tell me the following information?"

Name: (Derp)
Callsign: (Will be assigned)
Unit: (Will be assigned)
Branch: American Legion Interstellar Marines (ALIM)
Mother Ship: LS Seraphim
-----
Health: 50/50
-----
Suit Specifications: Unknown
Suit Status: Good
Suit Ability: Unknown
Primary Weapon: None
Secondary Weapon: None

• 81 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name: Matvey Pavlov
Callsign: Raven 1-4
Unit: 2nd Legion, 4th Battalion, 1st Raiders
-----
-----
Primary Weapon: AA-3 Ratchet-S 12/12 [9]
Secondary Weapon: Primo Laser Bolt Pistol 9/9 [4]

ok, i will.

i do a half jog towards the objective while asking SARAH "So what is the overall mission goal here?"

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Name: Jon Eclipsis Sol Lunaris Antonio Montana Makarov O'Hara Vexin
Callsign: (Will be assigned)
Unit: (Will be assigned)
-----
-----

First middle last was what I had in mind.

-----
-----

"Genesis IV is in the ZZ(Plural) Alpha quadrant, and its control by the American Legion will serve as a space port for future strike ships to attack the colonies of the Commune Hegemony. Intervention by the Hegemony is not expected, and the time table for a full conquering of the planet is six weeks." SARAH replies.

"More specific objectives will be revealed by your unit commander."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

"Thank you Sarah. Any info on what or who might be here with us?"

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: Ludwig Von Heichner
Callsign: Copper 3-7
Unit: 3rd Legion, 1st Battalion, 2nd Scouts
-----
-----

"Alright, I'll have the carbine."

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

"Sensors from the LS Seraphim indicate scattered heat signatures from carbon-based life forms on or near the surface. More penetrative scans will become avaliable as satelites are placed in orbit by planetologists. However, the lack of any visible artificial structures on the surface seem to indicate any life forms are primitive, if not beastial."

-----
-----
Primary Weapon: B9 Carbine 24/24 [9]

A panel in the wall opens up to reveal the Carbine as well as a secondary a d its assorted ammunition. You notice that there are suddenly nine depressions in your right forearm in which the canisters for the carbine fit snugly.

SARAH: "In response to the American Legion's need for a durable carbine in the aftermath of the civil wars, Crisis Corporation designed the B9 Carbine. It operates under the depletable canister model, and depleted canisters are expelled from the side. One canister is inserted at a time, and rounds can be made incendiary by using the appropriate dial on the stock to adjust to a higher energy frequency. Enhanced zoom can be activated by pressing the small button next to the aforementioned dial."

"You will notice on your HUD a small reticle has appeared. This will show you where your weapon is being aimed, provided you can see where it is pointing. Entering enhanced optical zoom with adjust your HUD accordingly."

"Do you have any further questions?" asks SARAH.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

"Thankyou, that's all i wanted to know." he continues to the objective

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

You reach the drop ship. Several large ramps lead into its interior. The drop ship is block and angular, with a sharp prow and short, stubby wings. Its sole purpose is to survive rentry into the atmosphere and deliver its cargo onto the surface. Several assault tanks and scout birds are being loaded on, and men are boarding via smaller ramps. A voice suddenly crackles on your radio.

"This is Raven 1-1. All callsigns be advised, board via ramp four."

You find the appropriate ramp on the rear of the ship. Your HUD is showing those in suits in this area are in your unit. A large cavity in the ship is being loaded with what appears to be a large glider. A suited figure walks over and slaps you and slaps you on the arm.

"1-4? I'm 1-1... Legionary Corporal Maximus, and I'll be your unit leader. You're the last to arrive so lets load up and we can start. Walk and talk."

Maximus starts to walk to the ramp, and you follow.

"We'll be in this glider here, and we'll exit about 150,000 feet up. LZ is a small outcrop that pinged on the sensors. Suppossed to be a large number of heat sigs there, but it's probably just the waves reflecting off something. The six of us and the two pilots will secure the area, and then set up a transmitter array and wait for the 3rd Assault guys to show up. Those were those tanks you saw upfront. Any questions?"

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

"Say those heat signatures turn out to be a ****load of hostiles, what are our plans then?" he asks, opening the depression in his arm looking at a flechette round

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

Maximus chuckles, which comes out as more static on your radio. "Shoot first, and no one'll botherto ask questions later. You should strap in, we'll be dropping in a few moments."

You climb into the glider, and buckle yourself in. The seats are oriented back to back, three a side, and face outwards towards the side. Two forward-facing seats are reserved for the lilots, who are clad in HDEP Suits as well and are getting in.

A siren blares, signaling the opening of the hangar to the elements. A technition, clad in a space suit, runs over. He turns on his radio.

"Theres been a change of plan! Your LZ is too rocky to land, so you'll have to bail out at around 600 feet and boost down. The boosters are built into the seats, and will engage automatically to expel you from the glider. The side doors will fall off just before this happens. The transmitter will deploy out as planned. Recover it, and procede with the mission."

You hear a clicking sound, and reason its the booster attaching onto your suit. The side doors on the glider slide down, and you prepare for the drop. A new voice enters your radio:

"All callsigns, this is your captain speaking. Thankyou for flying drop ship airlines. We've got a clear weather scan and the go ahead from the techies. Launching in three... Two... One..."

His voice cuts off and you lurch in your seat. You notice the altimeter in your HUD is declining rapidly. After a minute or two, your glider pilot comes on:

"All clear has been given, we are go fly."

You lurch again, as the glider exits the drop ship. Theres a small banging noise, and the side doors suddenly fall off.

"Thirty seconds until deploy."

"Twenty seconds."

"Ten seconds."

"Ejecting transmitter, initiating boosters, and activating ejector seats now."

You are thrown from the glider as the booster pack initiates, and begin to descend to the surface. You get your first look at the planet: This part seems to be a large grassy plain, and you can see the outcropping off to the north."

SARAH: "Be advised, large amounts of gamma radiation has been detected. The HDEP Suit provides full protection against gamma radiation, but you are not authorized to remove your suit."

You touchdown on the planet, and the booster pack falls off your back.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

i get in a low crouch and look around for cover, hefting my Ratchet

Oi from the post quality, you could definitely do this in Rpol, doesn't matter the pace at which you post either, since most players aren't super speedy quick poster like me

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

I'll think about it.

Maximus comes onto the radio. "All call signs, be advised: radiation has been detected in the area. Regroup on me."

You objective arrow updates, and indicates Maximus is some 200 yards to your left.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

yeah, but i really suggest it, the site was built for forum games. But, your choice :P
Also, Dragon says hi.

i slowly crouch/jog towards him, looking around me constantly, moreso in fear of the unknown than for tactical awareness

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

Well I'll see how this goes and progress from there.

You jog over to Maximus, and note that his suit has become a light yellow-green to matchthe surrounding grass. It's about waste high, and rustles quietly as you move through it.

"Now that everyone is here, we'll head for the transmitter," says Maximus as you approach. "Luckily its landed pretty close to the outcropping, so we shouldn't have to move it too far. Keep your eyes open, and see if you can't figure out where all this **** radiation is coming from. Lets roll."

He stands, and begins a brisk walk to where your objective arrow is now pointing, his Battle Assault Rifle (BAR) raised. The others begin to follow.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

i'l take up a middle position, close to the front just in case they need some heavier firepower

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Primary Weapon: B9 Carbine 24/24 [9]

"Well, just one. Do you have a personality or are you simply a recording?" I make my way to where the arrow points.

Showing 16-30 of 81