ForumsForum GamesGenesis IV

81 9829
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The scout-bird set down onto the earth is a billowing cloud of dust and debris, like some bejeweled insect alighting on an alien world. The bay doors on the side opened up with a hiss as the cabin depressurized, and four troopers in HDEP suits stepped. The micro-panels on the suit changed from a steel grey to a spackled green and brown to match the forest surroundings.

One of the troopers pulled out a small device, and held it aloft in the air. After several moments, the device chirped loudly.

"Atmosphere is breathable," he said, pocketing his device. The other three nodded in reply. "But keep your respirators on, incase of foreign pathogens. Fan out in a local search pattern, report back in five mikes. Move!"

The three men scattered, and soon dissapeared into the trees. The leader of the men switched his radio frequency, and called in to the orbiting strike ship of the American Legion.

"LS Seraphim, this is Ajax 4-1. We have secured the DZ. Activating the emitter now." He pressed a small screen on his wrist, and a small canister fell out of the back of his suit.

His in suit radio crackled to life. "Copy Ajax 4-1. First wave of marines will touchdown after briefing. ETA two hours. Seraphim out."

800,000 feet above, the Legion strike ship Seraphim orbited the planet. The first of the Athena line of ships, she was only challenged by the battleships of the Interstellar fleet. She boasted the lastest in electronic emitter arrays, neutrino weapons, and boasted a hyper warp drive which enabled her to travel just under the speed of light. Her greatest calability, though, was the contigent of 15,000 crack marines on board. The first wave of 2,500 were currently in the main hangar.

A man stood in front of several large screens. Arrayed around him were 2,500 marines preparing to touch down on the planet. He was explaining the new HDEP suits.

"The Committee has authorised this colonization mission to be the first large scale test of the HDEP suit. Made from High Density Electron Plating, the suit is the greatest advancement in personal protection since the invention of portable shield generators. On top of this, the suit is self powered, self contained, and has the ability to change color in response to the surroundings."

"The helmet contains an HUD that shows a small map, as well as being able to view any number of information blocs such as direction faced, windage, and objective direction. The rear of the chestplate holds a small cavity, in which unit leaders will have a beacon and medics will have a Portadoc."

"Five groups of 500 will touch down via the heavy landers. You're to secure your objectives and await further orders. Atmosphere is breathable, but no one is authorized to remove their helmet. Our planetologists our working on getting the environmental control satelites in orbit, so until than expect adverse weather conditions. Scans show some populations of carbon-based natives, and the Legate has ordered all natives expendable."

As he spoke, technicians began to disperse suits among the marines.

"We need Genesis IV gentleman. Failure is not an option. Good luck, and godspeed." He walked off the stage, and it sank into the flight deck. The screens began to retract into the ceiling.

Nearly fully suited, you put your helmet on. It secures, and a whirring sound can be heard as it locks in place and pressurizes. Suddenly, a female voice a female voice fills your ears.

"Hello. My name is is SARAH, or Sensory Awareness and Required Assistory Helper. I will introduce you to the HDEP suit. If you have any questions at any time, simply speak 'SARAH' and I will offer assistance. But before we begin, would you tell me the following information?"

Name: (Derp)
Callsign: (Will be assigned)
Unit: (Will be assigned)
Branch: American Legion Interstellar Marines (ALIM)
Mother Ship: LS Seraphim
-----
Health: 50/50
-----
Suit Specifications: Unknown
Suit Status: Good
Suit Ability: Unknown
Primary Weapon: None
Secondary Weapon: None

• 81 Replies
ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

Name: Jon Eclipsis Sol Antonio Montana Makarov Vexin
Callsign: (Will be assigned)
Unit: (Will be assigned)
-----
-----

You know my real name is actually this long and i feel like our insulting me >_> there i took two more out

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Look Ichigo, he's only trying to make it easier on the RPG and himself. As much as I'd like to imagine that bored guy's reaction to having to read that long of a name, it'd be kind of tedious to say a seven-part name. (That's your Spanish name?) He's not trying to be insulting, he's just trying to make things easier on everyone.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

You know my real name is actually this long

at school, do you put that on your papers?
when signing a petition, or something of the like, is that what you put?
in normal day to day life, is that what you put as your name?

if the answer to any of these questions is no, then it'd be a good idea to go with the normal first middle and last at the most
The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Name: Jeles Raze
Callsign:
Unit:
Branch: American Legion Interstellar Marines
Mother Ship: L.S. Seraphim
-----
-----

"Weapon request. I'm not really into teamwork..."

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I've got an AP Bio test tomorrow on Enzymatic Action and Cellular Respiration, so I may not have time to update this. I promise thiugh that I'll be here tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Garriss
Garriss
1,023 posts
Nomad

Name: Aurom Petra
Callsign: Granite 1-16
Unit: 1st Legion, 2nd Battalion, 1st Infantry
-----
-----

"SARAH, please identify the best more medium range combat. Also state a brief description of each weapon."

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Phone was confiscated since I made an 86 on that Bio Test. Also have to turn my phone in, so I'll update this in earnest tomorrow morning.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: John Hampton
-------
Clothing: Black hoodie, black jeans, black Nike shoes
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

Strict family. O_O

Anyways, as long as you're trying bro, it's fine, I can wait.

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Name: John Hampton
-------
Clothing: Black hoodie, black jeans, black Nike shoes
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

Strict family. O_O

Anyways, as long as you're trying bro, it's fine, I can wait.

Wrong topic?
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Derp. Yeah. XD

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Name: Matvey Pavlov
Callsign: Raven 1-4
Unit: 2nd Legion, 4th Battalion, 1st Raiders
-----
-----
Primary Weapon: AA-3 Ratchet-S 12/12 [9]
Secondary Weapon: Primo Laser Bolt Pistol 9/9 [4]

You jog up to the front, and fall in behind Maximus. You walk in silence, remaining alert. After several minutes of creeping through the grass, Maximus turns around.

"WE're approaching the DZ, so break up and-"

An explosion goes off, and you're thrown back, and lay on the ground in a daze.

Name: Ludwig Von Heichner
Callsign: Copper 3-7
Unit: 3rd Legion, 1st Battalion, 2nd Scouts
-----
-----
Primary Weapon: B9 Carbine 24/24 [9]

You start to head towards the drop ship where the arrow leads.

"I am a computer program designed by Crisis Corporation to give informortaion as needed to Legion war fighters. My access to a database of information gives me a wide array of potential responses."

Name: Jon Eclipsis Sol Antonio Montana Makarov Vexin
Callsign: 2nd Legion, 3rd Battalion, 2nd Infantry
Unit: Sage 2-8
-----
-----

"Thank you. The HDEP Suit contains an advanced HUD to assist the soldier in his warfighting capabilities. Yours currently displays a map, compass, ambient temperature, as well as your body vitals."

As SARAH lists the features, they each appear on your visor. They take up the edges, but still leave you plenty of room to see. A small arrow appears in the corner.

"This arrow directs you to your approximate objective. It currently leads to the Quartermaster's depot, where you will receive your weapons. Please follow it now."

You follow the direction of the arrow, and note that the number below it changes as you get closer. You reach the line, and are soon in the front.

SARAH speaks up. "The left palm of your suit contains your ID, as well as the information you have provided. I will automatically update it as needed. Please place your left hand on the scanner in front of you to receive your assignment."

You place your gloved palm onto the scanner. It glows, and your hand tingles. A bored voice suddenly fills your helmet.

"Christ, what was your mother thinking when she named you? You're in 2nd Legion, 3rd Battalion, 2nd Infantry. Callsign Sage 2-8, may be you should go by that. Computer shows you're authorised the Pitt-Bull, Long Rifle, and Scorpion. I can tell ya about 'em, or you can pick one."
Unit:
-----
-----

"Please specify a combat form."

-Long Range
-Medium Range
-Short Range
-Melee
-Explosive
-Biological

Name: Aurom Petra
Callsign: Granite 1-16
Unit: 1st Legion, 2nd Battalion, 1st Infantry
-----
-----

"The BAR and Pitt-Bull are ideal for mid range combat. The BAR's legnth hinders in in short range situations. However, its power and accuracy make it one of the leading weapons in the category. The Pitt-Bull is a fear inducing technological marvel. It fires guided missiles that track the heat signatures of adversaries. A timed fuse prevents the warhead exploding at close range and harming the user."

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Callsign:
Unit:
-----
-----

"Melee."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

i get up in a crouch and pick up my weapon, looking for hostiles, making sure fletche is loaded

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: Ludwig Von Heichner
Callsign: Copper 3-7
Unit: 3rd Legion, 1st Battalion, 2nd Scouts
-----
-----
Primary Weapon: B9 Carbine 24/24 [9]

I guess SARAH won't be pulling a Cortana on us then.

"Ha! Crisis seems to make everything!" I start to just head over to the objective.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Callsign:
Unit:
-----
-----

"The LS Seraphim has in its armories the Las-Sword, Beater, Biter, and Lupine Claws. The Las-Sword is a handheld device that uses a compact energy field 36 inches long to superheat and liquify armor to pass through it and cause damage to the occupant. Beater is an attachment for your HDEP suit that turns your non-dominant hand into a weapon. Damage is done by making a punching motion, and is partically effective against thin skinned and unarmored opponents. Biter is a duo system of short, tungsten blades with hooks on the back. Devastating against bare flesh, and uniquely enabled to disarm opponents. Lupine Claws are eight retractable, tungsten-depleted uranium mixed claws, which are attached to the plates backing your hands. They are hooked directly to your suit's fission battery, and use a static charge to align the atoms in an opponents armor to punch through, as well as being highly effective against unarmored opponents."

"I can give more detailed information, if needed." SARAH falls silent.

-----
-----

You manage to get into a crouch and load a Flechete round into your Ratchet, but not before seeing the remains of Maximus' torn body. The explosion must have gone off right next to him.

The unit is now without leadership, and is continuing to take fire and casulties. The closest cover is the outcropping about a thousand yards away, but you need to get the transmitter to complete the mission.

"The intense gamma radiation in the area will kill anyone whose suit is compromised." Says Sarah.

Showing 31-45 of 81