Forums

ForumsVideo Games

T, the lost game rating

Posted Oct 21, '12 at 9:23pm

CaukasianNinja

CaukasianNinja

4 posts

[Perhaps you're looking in the wrong place. Maybe you're looking only at the popular, sponsored, millions-of-plays games that appear in commercials and such. There are so many awesome games out there which the majority sticks their nose up at and forget.]

I think Freakenstein hit it on the head. Most popular games are tailored to one extreme or the other, especially since you can probably find more teenagers playing M-rated games. As it is, the T-rate games just don't appeal to such a large crowd as the other games do.

Posted Oct 21, '12 at 10:20pm

espadaxin2

espadaxin2

519 posts

i didnt notice that. i gonna have to check it out later.

Posted Oct 22, '12 at 3:58pm

d_dude

d_dude

3,584 posts

Yeah, there aren't many T games out there, but some really good ones still pop up from time to time. A great example is Arkham City, one of the best games of 2011 and it was rated T. Enslaved was also a good one, but it wasn't a very popular game.

Posted Oct 22, '12 at 4:28pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

647 posts

It's the problem with your average gamer these days. If they want violence, they want blood and gore to with it. Gone are the days when you can shoot or stab someone in a video game without blood spewing out from somewhere.

Posted Oct 22, '12 at 6:57pm

devsaupa

devsaupa

1,849 posts

In response to the Batman comments, do you think that it would have been a better game if they had ramped it up to mature? I know that T has a bigger player base, usually, but I just think that it was a bit more dumbed down to fit the T rating. The language was there, as well as violence, but I can't help but be curious about what they could have done with an M. Just imagine what else they could have added into Asylum. With the T, it didn't look creepy or disturbing, just dirty.

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 12:31am

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,094 posts

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was rated teen, and I think a spider-man game I own is rated teen, but I have to admit, most of the really big games are M or E.

~~~Darth Caedus

Reply to T, the lost game rating

You must be logged in to post a reply!