Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Lance Armstrong

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 4:41am

goumas13

goumas13

4,487 posts

Sadly, cycling has a culture of doping. Professional cycling is a truly rotten sport.
One of Armstrong's former teammates, Levi Leipheimer, wrote in his confession that professional cycling until recently was:
"[...] a sport where some team managers and doctors coordinated and facilitated the use of banned substances and methods by their riders. A sport where the athletes at the highest level - perhaps without exception - used banned substances. A sport where doping was so accepted that riders from different teams - who were competitors on the road - coordinated their doping to keep up with other riders doing the same thing."
(Link to his full statement, it's a pretty interesting read)

Anyway, seeing how prevalent doping was in cycling during this era I find it very hard to believe other sportsmen and woman weren't doing the same at this point in time. I wonder how many other "champions" were using drugs.
It's just disgraceful.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 12:51pm

JiggerHaggis

JiggerHaggis

5 posts

I think it is dumb, as you said he passed all his tests, and the only thing they actually have him on is his decision to stop fighting them.

Posted Oct 30, '12 at 6:49pm

Clancy12

Clancy12

3,938 posts

In my opinion Lance's titles for the Tour de France should be taken away immediately and he should be thrown in jail! He should from now on, be know as a cheater and should be frowned upon by the entire world. It is wrong to do anything like he did no matter what the stakes are.

Posted Oct 30, '12 at 10:26pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

215 posts

I think it is dumb, as you said he passed all his tests, and the only thing they actually have him on is his decision to stop fighting them.

And the witnesses, but I do agree with you. I do believe he is innocent.

One thing I do not understand is how it is legal to charge him with this. Once charged with a crime (doping in this case) and if you are acquitted of it as he was charged of doping earlier and was deemed innocent shouldn't double jeopardy have been applied?

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 6:08am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,027 posts

Knight

Funny you stopped replying the moment I posted some real arguments ;)

as you said he passed all his tests,

Again, that's merely almost true.

One thing I do not understand is how it is legal to charge him with this. Once charged with a crime (doping in this case) and if you are acquitted of it as he was charged of doping earlier and was deemed innocent shouldn't double jeopardy have been applied?

I don't quite know what double jeopardy is exactly, but I guess it's because with the current accusations, the previous acquittals are challenged, since assumedly wrong, and thus cannot really be taken as base.

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 2:51pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

215 posts

Funny you stopped replying the moment I posted some real arguments ;)

I stopped because what you are posting is redundant and silly and your arguements were very poor. I don't believe in arguing redundantly my friend.

Arguing your "points" (can I even call it a point) would be rediculous. + I don't argue with people who insult, which you do occasionally.

I refrained from telling you this because I would've been rude, but that comment of "real arguments" got me to say this.

P.S. You don't many to any real arguments, mostly it's paranoia and conspiracy theories.

I don't quite know what double jeopardy is exactly

Double jeopardy makes it so that you can only be charged with a particular crime once. If acquitted theoretically you shouldn't EVER be charged again, even if after you were acquitted you ended up telling everyone that you were indeed guilty you still can't be charged with it again unless someone tampered (bribed) with the jury.

So even if the previous acquittals are challenged to my knowledge it wouldn't matter AT ALL. Another legal problem is you only have about 7 years after a crime (except for homicide) to charge someone with a crime. So since it has been more than 7 years since he won most of those competitions he shouldn't be charged with it.

If Lance wanted to I have no doubt he could've entered a stage of arbitration and won 101 different ways.

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 2:53pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

215 posts

P.S. You don't many to any real arguments

You don't have many to any

My apologies, that is what I meant to say.

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 3:11pm

danielo

danielo

1,387 posts

this time the tour had investigated, not the FBI, so its a diffrunte case. secondely, more withness have talked, which opened the case again, and more evidence were discovered.

By your logic, if you cant convict a criminal, and then you found in his house 5 bodies and a chainsaw, you cant put him in jail as he was already announced innocent.

So all of these doctors, judges, teammates and rivals lie to take him off? and its aall a big concpiracy? its like saying you dont grow up, the world is shrinking.

As i said when yoo raged quit, i in first belived too he was innocent. but there are too many Evidence. Im sorry dude, but your hero is down.

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 3:32pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,027 posts

Knight

P.S. You don't many to any real arguments, mostly it's paranoia and conspiracy theories.

Have you actually read my last post on page 2? If you call this paranoia and conspiracy, I don't know what you need to convict someone.

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 5:22pm

danielo

danielo

1,387 posts

oh and by the way, about your saying that

Things like donating to charities is a character witness, it shows the morals of the said person, and shows whether or not the person is more likely to do something such as doping or not.

. Hitler was a vegaterian who claimed that hunting is unhuman and ciggaretes are bad for your health. that make all of the holocaust, killing of millions of jews, roma tribe {also known as Gypsies}, gays, communist, mental illed peoples, jazz fans and so on and so on? no. a man can do good things but do bad things too. A man can be the best father, a loving son and a supporting brother, but yet killing a taxi driver 'for the thing'. In Israel they are called "kids from good families". Moshe Ben-Ivgi and Arbel Aloni. Ben-Ivgi fled to argentina, and they dont agree to give him to us to serve his punishment, as in argentina, a murdur done by a kid go to much less time then in Israel.

Reply to Lance Armstrong

You must be logged in to post a reply!