ForumsPopular MediaThe Wire

4 3654
arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

Any fans of the wire? Best tv show of all time IMO. Breaking bad is right next to it.

• 4 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I've seen a few episodes of this show and I enjoyed every moment of it. Unfortunately it isn't on Netflix, so I don't think I'll be watching it any time soon unless I decide to get HBO Go.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I'm a big fan of the Wire. It's one of the greatest series I have ever had the privilege of watching.
I think what I liked most about the Wire, besides the realness of the issues involved obviously, was it's ability to have you rooting for characters on both sides of the law at the same time.

116 posts
Nomad

I started watching it on demand, but I won't have a chance to watch any more until I get back to my dad's house since I don't have On Demand (and I prefer to watch it on the TV)

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

I'm a big fan of the Wire. It's one of the greatest series I have ever had the privilege of watching.
I think what I liked most about the Wire, besides the realness of the issues involved obviously, was it's ability to have you rooting for characters on both sides of the law at the same time.

So true! In shows like NCIS or other cop shows, the criminals are pure evil with not a single good trait. Of course the people in the barksdale and stansfield organization are murders, but they all do it for different reasons. Not just bad for the hell of it like Marlo.
Showing 1-4 of 4