Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Something is bugging me about the afterlife...

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 4:25am

xerox

xerox

308 posts

So basically it does not matter if there is afterlife or there isn't. the problem is that the soul is eternal. So what should we do for eternity? Forever. Ever! Even if we die, we continue, or maybe we don't but stay for eternity in darkness??

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 5:15am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,024 posts

Knight

Well.. that is all in the case that we're unlucky and possess an eternal soul. Independent of what you do after death, with eternity it will eventually become a never-ending nightmare. But if we're lucky, our state in the afterlife will be one where we're not aware of eternity, one without time nor clear consciousness.

However I don't think we have something like a soul, and then the problem doesn't even impose itself. You might, at the beginning, feel afraid of eternal nonexistence, but it's just name calling; you won't be aware of nonexistence as you won't exist; and if you want, call it eternal rest (comes close, and sounds good ;)).

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 6:21am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

my afterlife will be very dark. because there is no sunlight 6 feet under.

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 7:16am

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

736 posts

So basically it does not matter if there is afterlife or there isn't. the problem is that the soul is eternal. So what should we do for eternity? Forever. Ever! Even if we die, we continue, or maybe we don't but stay for eternity in darkness?? xerox

1)

So basically it does not matter if there is afterlife or there isn't.

Yes Everything Matters.

2)

So what should we do for eternity? Forever. Ever!

“Believe in the word of christ,” they replied “and both you and your household will be saved." Acts 16:31

3)

Even if we die, we continue, or maybe we don't but stay for eternity in darkness??

Everyone will exist eternally either in heaven or hell WHICH WILL U CHOOSE

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 10:10am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

In my opinion, I'll be able to do whatever the hell I want for some time before choosing to be reincarnated, without my memory. I don't believe in Heaven and Hell, but I guess evil people will first get resurrected as something useless before finally becoming a human again. I don't know, I'll wait till I lie on my deathbed.

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 5:01pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

645 posts

Even if there is an afterlife, it's best not to worry about it while you're alive. You won't get anywhere living your entire life planning for a future you know nothing about.

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 5:22pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

736 posts

Even if there is an afterlife, it's best not to worry about it while you're alive

YES WORRY UR LIFE IS AT STAKE

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 5:28pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

645 posts

Exactly my point. If you want to worry about something, which won't get you anywhere no matter what you're worrying about, worry about something in your life rather than something that may or may not happen afterwards.

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 6:13pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

Perhaps we should move the discussion here.

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 7:15pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

YOUR LIFE ISN'T AT STAKE. WE ALL DIE ANYWAY.
IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR NONSENSE OR NOT, 1 DAY YOU WILL BE DEAD.

WORRYING OVER IT WONT GIVE YOU A LONGER LIFE.
WORRIES USUALLY SHORTEN YOUR LIFE.

Reply to Something is bugging me about the afterlife...

You must be logged in to post a reply!