Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Something is bugging me about the afterlife...

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 7:26pm

113 posts

I tend to believe that when you die, whatever you believe in is where you go.

Say you believe in heaven you go to your form of heaven, or you believe everything is just darkness then that is what you get...

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 9:26pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,666 posts

Knight

Everyone will exist eternally either in heaven or hell WHICH WILL U CHOOSE

YES WORRY UR LIFE IS AT STAKE

Anyone else notice the contradiction between these two statements?

I tend to believe that when you die, whatever you believe in is where you go.

Reality isn't dictated by belief.

Relevant video to the main topic.
HEAVEN?? ..... NO THANK YOU!! (UKA)

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 2:53am

Blkasp

Blkasp

1,311 posts

Everyone will exist eternally either in heaven or hell WHICH WILL U CHOOSE

I do not know if people who do not believe that Christ saved the world will exist eternally in hell. What I know, is that the Bible says there is eternal flames in hell, but not that people will suffer forever in hell.
"...it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the eternal fire" Matt 18:8
Jesus is saying that people will be thrown into the "eternal fire" but he does not say that they will suffer eternally.

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 7:34am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,666 posts

Knight

This might be a bit off topic, but has anyone ever thought of how silly the concept of an eternal fire is? Consider what fire is.
"Fire is the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products. Slower oxidative processes like rusting or digestion are not included by this definition." -wiki

So how do you manage to have eternal rapid oxidization? What chemicals are there in hell to allow for this chemical process to be produced?

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 2:14pm

113 posts

Reality isn't dictated by belief.

I wasn't saying you literally go to that place, I'm saying your version of it.  Basically you "soul" I guess would be a way to say it has your thoughts and so forth placed there.

Sounds weird on explanation, I know.

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 2:36pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,666 posts

Knight

wasn't saying you literally go to that place, I'm saying your version of it.  Basically you "soul" I guess would be a way to say it has your thoughts and so forth placed there.

So you're say we go to a place that doesn't exist? Or are you saying we just enter some sort of endless dream? If the latter how? Brain function would have stopped by the time you are officially dead.

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 6:58pm

xerox

xerox

308 posts

I think we were talking about eternity, not haven or hell, or someplace else... It does not matter, if you live forever. There will be no time, no sun no moon, just eternity somewhere, and you will remember each and every day, or you might not remember, but you will not have to sleep, so you probably will, so there is no safe way for you to keep your sanity. Forever, doing the same things, going to the same places. You wont need to sleep, eat, drink. You will have to stay in that place for the rest of your life, and your life is forever in hell,in heaven, and in everywhere else.

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 7:14pm

danielo

danielo

1,363 posts

Well, this is quite mind blowing dude. you cant realy understand it, nor me.
I realy dont know. as a Science beliver, it dosent help at all. it preaty much say "you will not be here anymore". nothing. We cant imagain the void. Its just, Frustrating.

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 7:34pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

734 posts

YOUR LIFE ISN'T AT STAKE. WE ALL DIE ANYWAY.
IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR NONSENSE OR NOT, 1 DAY YOU WILL BE DEAD.

WORRYING OVER IT WONT GIVE YOU A LONGER LIFE.
WORRIES USUALLY SHORTEN YOUR LIFE.

CALL it what u will but u will regret it one day when u r in hell if u do not repent of ur sins and come to christ

Posted Oct 25, '12 at 8:23pm

danielo

danielo

1,363 posts

And what if the eygeptians were right? You know how to pass the tests of the eygeptians system? what about the tibetians? i say, that when ill get to an older age, ill read them all so in any case, ill know what basicly to do :P better then nothing...

But i feel i got so much to do yet! i want the ghoust form, helping out peoples without limits of the flesh. that will be my top goal for etenity.

Reply to Something is bugging me about the afterlife...

You must be logged in to post a reply!