ForumsWEPRSomething is bugging me about the afterlife...

34 115335
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

So basically it does not matter if there is afterlife or there isn't. the problem is that the soul is eternal. So what should we do for eternity? Forever. Ever! Even if we die, we continue, or maybe we don't but stay for eternity in darkness??

• 34 Replies
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

I think we were talking about eternity, not haven or hell, or someplace else... It does not matter, if you live forever. There will be no time, no sun no moon, just eternity somewhere, and you will remember each and every day, or you might not remember, but you will not have to sleep, so you probably will, so there is no safe way for you to keep your sanity. Forever, doing the same things, going to the same places. You wont need to sleep, eat, drink. You will have to stay in that place for the rest of your life, and your life is forever in hell,in heaven, and in everywhere else.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Well, this is quite mind blowing dude. you cant realy understand it, nor me.
I realy dont know. as a Science beliver, it dosent help at all. it preaty much say "you will not be here anymore". nothing. We cant imagain the void. Its just, Frustrating.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

YOUR LIFE ISN'T AT STAKE. WE ALL DIE ANYWAY.
IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR NONSENSE OR NOT, 1 DAY YOU WILL BE DEAD.

WORRYING OVER IT WONT GIVE YOU A LONGER LIFE.
WORRIES USUALLY SHORTEN YOUR LIFE.

CALL it what u will but u will regret it one day when u r in hell if u do not repent of ur sins and come to christ
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

And what if the eygeptians were right? You know how to pass the tests of the eygeptians system? what about the tibetians? i say, that when ill get to an older age, ill read them all so in any case, ill know what basicly to do :P better then nothing...

But i feel i got so much to do yet! i want the ghoust form, helping out peoples without limits of the flesh. that will be my top goal for etenity.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

This might be a bit off topic, but has anyone ever thought of how silly the concept of an eternal fire is? Consider what fire is.

Who says the afterlife will be limited by earthly limitations? Just throwing that out there.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Who says the afterlife will be limited by earthly limitations? Just throwing that out there.

Since we're just throwing things out there, why are we arguing about what it will be when we don't even know if it is?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I think we were talking about eternity, not haven or hell, or someplace else... It does not matter, if you live forever. There will be no time, no sun no moon, just eternity somewhere, and you will remember each and every day, or you might not remember, but you will not have to sleep, so you probably will, so there is no safe way for you to keep your sanity. Forever, doing the same things, going to the same places. You wont need to sleep, eat, drink. You will have to stay in that place for the rest of your life, and your life is forever in hell,in heaven, and in everywhere else.

This seems to jump to a lot of conclusions. Unfortunately we could only speculate. We have nothing supporting the existence of a soul or any dual mind body nature to our existence. From all observable references our consciousness is an emergent property of the various electrochemical interaction of the brain. Once we die those function cease and as such stop producing the emergent property that I our consciousness,or what we self internalize as us.
Now the matter that we were made of does continue on and get's recycled. In fact this happens a number of time through out your life a sold cells die and new ones take their place. In this sense you're no he same person you were when you were born. Though also in this sense we are eternal given that matter/energy can't be destroyed, only changed into different states.

We can think of life as a change of state for matter into a form that is self replicating and producing the ability to be aware of itself and it's surrounding. But only momentarily before changing again into another state that lacks those abilities.

CALL it what u will but u will regret it one day when u r in hell if u do not repent of ur sins and come to christ

What's next, you going to warn us that if we're naughty Santa won't bring us any presents?

This isn't an earthly limitation this is a basic property of what fire is. It would be like saying you have a water molecule that isn't composed of hydrogen and oxygen.
politesse
politesse
2 posts
Shepherd

If we really are eternal creatures, it seems to me that instinct ought to take over at some point; however much we may fret about what to do after rewatching all of our favorite shows for the millionth time, it seems that's something that will come naturally to us once we actually get there. A god knows how to be a god, right? Or if not, he has nothing if not time to learn.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Even if you're not talking about a specific place, you're still making loads of assumptions. Who says we'll even be aware of our post-mortem existence, if there is one? Who says we'll be restricted to one and the same place? Maybe we will all exist in a single chaotic entity without any consciousness of our own, just a collective mash of energy (or some kind of ridiculous esotheric stuff like that).

Well, this is quite mind blowing dude. you cant realy understand it, nor me.
I realy dont know. as a Science beliver, it dosent help at all. it preaty much say "you will not be here anymore". nothing. We cant imagain the void. Its just, Frustrating.

It may be frustrating, and I can tell from experience that trying to imagine nonexistence, as an existent being, is quite demoralizing, and really really stupid. But as I already said, it will be quite like eternal sleep without dreaming, and that doesn't sounds too bad, right?

Stop regurgitating and spewing your proselitism around, it gets annoying. Live and let live.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Since we're just throwing things out there, why are we arguing about what it will be when we don't even know if it is?

Yeah throwing things out but some of us are telling u something u r going to look back and say i should have listened if u want more info go to
Help and a Friend.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

u r going to look back and say i should have listened

Then we get into "what if your views are wrong?" Of the billions of perceptions of the afterlife, you're making the bold claim to have the right idea. What if you end up misguiding everyone who believed you?
christopher122
christopher122
19 posts
Nomad

Your great fallacy is that you think that the soul is eternal. Do you have any proof for that?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Your great fallacy is that you think that the soul is eternal. Do you have any proof for that?

One would first need to demonstrate that the soul existed before we can assign properties to it.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

You tell me. :P

This isn't an earthly limitation this is a basic property of what fire is. It would be like saying you have a water molecule that isn't composed of hydrogen and oxygen.

An earthly limitation is something like gravity, whereas in space, you do not have that limitation. Fire has it's completely own limitations, that it requires, fuel, Oxygen, and heat. Perhaps there is a neverending supply of fuel in the afterlife.

I sort of screwed myself over with earlier that comment, I concede.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Stop regurgitating and spewing your proselitism around, it gets annoying. Live and let live.

I have no idea what u r talking about
Showing 16-30 of 34