ForumsWEPRSomething is bugging me about the afterlife...

34 115376
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

So basically it does not matter if there is afterlife or there isn't. the problem is that the soul is eternal. So what should we do for eternity? Forever. Ever! Even if we die, we continue, or maybe we don't but stay for eternity in darkness??

• 34 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I have no idea what u r talking about

It's called proselytism. He spelled it wrong. Anyways.

Proselytize Definition

An earthly limitation is something like gravity, whereas in space, you do not have that limitation.

1) It's a universal limitation. Atoms/molecules/physics don't only exist on Earth.

2) There is gravity in space, it's just weaker the further you get from mass. Or how did you think all the planets stayed in orbit with the sun, and the moons with the planets?
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

So what should we do for eternity?

Reincarnate? Nothing remains in the same state constantly, everything is moving as far as I know. Staying the same way isn't the way things work from what I see. So why would you remain in the same state constantly? Living in the darkness after death? I think that we would reincarnate.

But assuming that this is not true, which it has a chance, I say you would remain in darkness forever. Probably enter a world of the afterlife and live there forever..
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

it will be quite like eternal sleep without dreaming, and that doesn't sounds too bad, right?

It won't even be like that. It would be as it was before you were conceived.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."- Mark Twain

Fire has it's completely own limitations, that it requires, fuel, Oxygen, and heat. Perhaps there is a neverending supply of fuel in the afterlife.

Yes it does require fuel to burn. In which case this ethereal existence has now been brought to a physical one.
Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

what I believe that the afterlife can be many things depending on how we live our lives here.

let me start from what I believe to be the beginning.

it all started in the preexistence when God was making a plan for us all. satan stepped up first telling God that we should be forced to live righteously so that we all may come back to God and live forever, but in return satan wanted all the glory. Jesus then presented his plan for us. Jesus asked god to send us to earth with no recognition of heaven so that we may be able to choose for ourselves, and that there should be a savior for us so that we may be forgiven of our sins. God chose Jesus' plan for us and cast out satan into the outer darkness along with the third of heaven that agreed with his plan.
now we are here on earth with no remembrance of what god looks like to choose for ourselves, and everybody makes mistakes which is why Jesus died on the cross for us so that we may be forgiven of our sins.
after death we go to one of two places: spirit paradise or spirit prison.
you go to spirit paradise if you have been baptized at the age of 8 or higher in the name of the father the son and the holy ghost (any younger and you are not accountable for your sins) to teach the gospel unto those who have not heard it (which are in spirit prison). those that are in spirit prison can choose to accept or decline the teachings (at this stage you still have no recognition of Hod or heaven).
after Christ's second coming all those who have died shall be resurrected and shall go through the veil of remembrance and go to either celestial heaven, terrestrial heaven or telestial heaven. there is also outer darkness in which people go when they know that Jesus is the true christ but denny it.
at this point you are with you family forever, if you have been sealed in the temple for time an all eternity, you also have a perfect body with no spot or blemish (meaning that you won't have any scars or freckles).

you choose weather you accept this or not but this is what I believe to be true. I know that God watches over us at all times and loves us and want us to live with him again. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen

Showing 31-34 of 34