ForumsWEPRSomething is bugging me about the afterlife...

34 115336
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

So basically it does not matter if there is afterlife or there isn't. the problem is that the soul is eternal. So what should we do for eternity? Forever. Ever! Even if we die, we continue, or maybe we don't but stay for eternity in darkness??

• 34 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Well.. that is all in the case that we're unlucky and possess an eternal soul. Independent of what you do after death, with eternity it will eventually become a never-ending nightmare. But if we're lucky, our state in the afterlife will be one where we're not aware of eternity, one without time nor clear consciousness.

However I don't think we have something like a soul, and then the problem doesn't even impose itself. You might, at the beginning, feel afraid of eternal nonexistence, but it's just name calling; you won't be aware of nonexistence as you won't exist; and if you want, call it eternal rest (comes close, and sounds good ).

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

my afterlife will be very dark. because there is no sunlight 6 feet under.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

So basically it does not matter if there is afterlife or there isn't. the problem is that the soul is eternal. So what should we do for eternity? Forever. Ever! Even if we die, we continue, or maybe we don't but stay for eternity in darkness?? xerox

1)
So basically it does not matter if there is afterlife or there isn't.
Yes Everything Matters.

2)
So what should we do for eternity? Forever. Ever!

âBelieve in the word of christ,â they replied âand both you and your household will be saved." Acts 16:31

3)
Even if we die, we continue, or maybe we don't but stay for eternity in darkness??
Everyone will exist eternally either in heaven or hell WHICH WILL U CHOOSE
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

In my opinion, I'll be able to do whatever the hell I want for some time before choosing to be reincarnated, without my memory. I don't believe in Heaven and Hell, but I guess evil people will first get resurrected as something useless before finally becoming a human again. I don't know, I'll wait till I lie on my deathbed.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Even if there is an afterlife, it's best not to worry about it while you're alive. You won't get anywhere living your entire life planning for a future you know nothing about.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Even if there is an afterlife, it's best not to worry about it while you're alive

YES WORRY UR LIFE IS AT STAKE
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Exactly my point. If you want to worry about something, which won't get you anywhere no matter what you're worrying about, worry about something in your life rather than something that may or may not happen afterwards.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Perhaps we should move the discussion here.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

YOUR LIFE ISN'T AT STAKE. WE ALL DIE ANYWAY.
IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR NONSENSE OR NOT, 1 DAY YOU WILL BE DEAD.

WORRYING OVER IT WONT GIVE YOU A LONGER LIFE.
WORRIES USUALLY SHORTEN YOUR LIFE.
116 posts
Nomad

I tend to believe that when you die, whatever you believe in is where you go.

Say you believe in heaven you go to your form of heaven, or you believe everything is just darkness then that is what you get...

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Anyone else notice the contradiction between these two statements?

I tend to believe that when you die, whatever you believe in is where you go.

Reality isn't dictated by belief.

Relevant video to the main topic.
HEAVEN?? ..... NO THANK YOU!! (UKA)
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

I do not know if people who do not believe that Christ saved the world will exist eternally in hell. What I know, is that the Bible says there is eternal flames in hell, but not that people will suffer forever in hell.
"...it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the eternal fire" Matt 18:8
Jesus is saying that people will be thrown into the "eternal fire" but he does not say that they will suffer eternally.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

This might be a bit off topic, but has anyone ever thought of how silly the concept of an eternal fire is? Consider what fire is.
"Fire is the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products. Slower oxidative processes like rusting or digestion are not included by this definition." -wiki

So how do you manage to have eternal rapid oxidization? What chemicals are there in hell to allow for this chemical process to be produced?

116 posts
Nomad

Reality isn't dictated by belief.

I wasn't saying you literally go to that place, I'm saying your version of it. Basically you "soul" I guess would be a way to say it has your thoughts and so forth placed there.

Sounds weird on explanation, I know.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

wasn't saying you literally go to that place, I'm saying your version of it.  Basically you "soul" I guess would be a way to say it has your thoughts and so forth placed there.

So you're say we go to a place that doesn't exist? Or are you saying we just enter some sort of endless dream? If the latter how? Brain function would have stopped by the time you are officially dead.
Showing 1-15 of 34