ForumsWEPRMost used passwords for 2012

49 24269
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Here is a list from 1 to 12 ( 13 to 20 excluded) If you use them, better change.

1. password

2. 123456

3. 12345678

4. abc123

5. qwerty

6. monkey

7. letmein

8. dragon

9. 111111

10. baseball

11. iloveyou

12. trustno1

• 49 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

59 years. Boom.

No numbers, symbols, spaces, or any of that extra crap

Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

Haha, I remember my dad putting &quotassword" as his password. I found it out so easily, until he changed it...

My password is always based on anime. Like for example, "Nakatsukasa" but sometimes they say they arent "appropriate" but I don't see why they even need to be appropriate as long as nobody knows.

Anyways, back to topic, I was flipping my table when they were like "No symbols, must contain less than 12 characters, must include numbers" And I was flipping my head because now I type half of an anime title and some crappy numbers.

And I still cannot believe there are rules for passwords even though it's supposed to be what your genius mind thinks of. They should really say stuff like "Don't put password as a password" or "Be more creative and put down something only you would put(that is not password)"

I also remember one of my old password as pass21 XD.(now for some off-topicness)

Basically ,putting down &quotassword" or any dead givaway would be like typing &quotleasecrackthispasswrodwhichissoobvious"

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

well i have 2 different password versions a medium length-ed password and the extended version for certain sites and its almost impossible for someone to remember if they didnt know how i remember it

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Basically ,putting down &quotassword" or any dead givaway would be like typing

Basically ,putting down &quotassword" or any dead givaway would be like typing &quotleasecrackthispasswrodwhichissoobvious"

Haha, yea that's true, but when you're young (7 years old for example) it's hard to be creative and you can't help, but make simple passwords. I remember when I was about 7-10 all my words were password or 12345 or drowssap (backwards of password). I was really quite dumb back then

I suppose I'm gaining some intelligence because now instead of that password site saying "your password will be cracked instantly" it now says it'll take 11 minutes for one password of mine (woot!!!), 15 hours for another and a million years for another. Before you think I have a good password it really isn't. The million year password is for my PS3 where I have "remember password" on so I don't even need to remember it Thus I had to click recover password to put it into that "how secure is my password site".

:P
zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

123456 is the world's most common password, right?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

123456 is the world's most common password, right?

see OP.
its 2nd.
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

When I was 7-10 I used passwords of funny comedy shows or cartoons, even the names of the characters or hockey players names that I liked. Also the teams of certain sports. But not all kids think of that. Seeing

jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

a lot of passwords seem to be based on dates. Your birth date, your wedding date, etc.

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

I never heard of any 1 I know doing that But I may never know lol But dates is a good way just chose someone random and no one should guess it if it is to random

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

As per the Password Security checking website listed on page 4:
The first password I ever made would take 6 Billion years to hack. (No bull.)
The most recent password I made would take 12 Trillion years. (Still no bull. Apparently I'm that good.)
Dad's password: 19 seconds. And he still won't change it. -_-

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I used passwords of funny comedy shows or cartoons

Yeah; simpsons used to be another reoccurring passwords was 'simpsons'

The most recent password I made would take 12 Trillion years.

You actually used it or you were just testing to see how far the site would go?
If you used it; must be fairly complicated to remember.
zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

The site goes until "infinite years."

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i tryed that. on my 1st attempt it was
10 octotrigintillion years
the sun will implode and the mayan calendar will end befor they cracked that. xD
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

[quote]The most recent password I made would take 12 Trillion years.

If you used it; must be fairly complicated to remember.[/quote]

Actually used. And it's pretty darn simple to remember too. While I'm not going to give out my secrets, I will say that two of the included elements are personal relevance that would be meaningless to anyone else and stuff that no one would really think of. So, yeah.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I think most everyone has used the password password sometime or another lol. Correct me if i'm wrong

Showing 31-45 of 49