Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Most used passwords for 2012

Posted Nov 2, '12 at 12:13pm

KentyBK

KentyBK

555 posts

According to this website my password would take 7 hours to crack. That's probably good enough!

Keep in mind that it means an average desktop PC. If just about anyone can crack your password in less than a day, you'll get problems. Not to mention more sophisticated machines can probably crack it even faster, so changing your password might be a good idea.

Then again, the website is really more of a guideline, rather than a 100% accurate calculation.

Posted Nov 2, '12 at 12:30pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

"It would take a desktop PC about 10 days to crack your password."

That's with all one case, no numbers.

And then; if you type my name with my age.
"It would take a desktop PC about 19 seconds to crack your password"

Posted Nov 2, '12 at 2:59pm

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,062 posts

This site will tell just how much it would take a desktop PC to crack your password.

It would take a desktop PC about 10 days to crack your password

That was my result aswell. Most passwords that people use that aren't too short or obvious are either all numbers or all letters for easy remembering. But, if you want to take it a little too far, you could make a password that consists of lower case and upper case letters, numbers and symbols. This would ensure better protection, but I don't see how this could be useful to anybody since it's hard to remember.

Posted Nov 2, '12 at 5:16pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

59 years. Boom.

No numbers, symbols, spaces, or any of that extra crap

Posted Nov 2, '12 at 5:50pm

Alexandra222

Alexandra222

261 posts

Haha, I remember my dad putting "password" as his password. I found it out so easily, until he changed it...

My password is always based on anime. Like for example, "Nakatsukasa" but sometimes they say they arent "appropriate" but I don't see why they even need to be appropriate as long as nobody knows.

Anyways, back to topic, I was flipping my table when they were like "No symbols, must contain less than 12 characters, must include numbers" And I was flipping my head because now I type half of an anime title and some crappy numbers.

And I still cannot believe there are rules for passwords even though it's supposed to be what your genius mind thinks of. They should really say stuff like "Don't put password as a password" or "Be more creative and put down something only you would put(that is not password)"

I also remember one of my old password as pass21 XD.(now for some off-topicness)

Basically ,putting down "password" or any dead givaway would be like typing "pleasecrackthispasswrodwhichissoobvious"

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 9:47pm

Drink

Drink

1,590 posts

well i have 2 different password versions a medium length-ed password and the extended version for certain sites and its almost impossible for someone to remember if they didnt know how i remember it

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 1:11am

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

215 posts

Basically ,putting down "password" or any dead givaway would be like typing

Basically ,putting down "password" or any dead givaway would be like typing "pleasecrackthispasswrodwhichissoobvious"

Haha, yea that's true, but when you're young (7 years old for example) it's hard to be creative and you can't help, but make simple passwords. I remember when I was about 7-10 all my words were password or 12345 or drowssap (backwards of password). I was really quite dumb back then :D

I suppose I'm gaining some intelligence because now instead of that password site saying "your password will be cracked instantly" it now says it'll take 11 minutes for one password of mine (woot!!!), 15 hours for another and a million years for another. Before you think I have a good password it really isn't. The million year password is for my PS3 where I have "remember password" on so I don't even need to remember it :D Thus I had to click recover password to put it into that "how secure is my password site".

:P

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 4:30am

zonic98

zonic98

485 posts

123456 is the world's most common password, right?

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 4:07pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

123456 is the world's most common password, right?

see OP.
its 2nd.

Posted Nov 5, '12 at 12:43pm

Jerrbear65

Jerrbear65

106 posts

When I was 7-10 I used passwords of funny comedy shows or cartoons, even the names of the characters or hockey players names that I liked. Also the teams of certain sports. But not all kids think of that. Seeing

Reply to Most used passwords for 2012

You must be logged in to post a reply!