ForumsForum GamesOne Chance (Zombies)

101 12936
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Hi! As you may know, I love making zombie RPG's. I also like to add a large amount of realism into them as well. A very large amount. So, with that said, here is your character sheet.

Name:
Clothing:
Items:
Right Hand:
Left Hand:
--------

That is all you are allowed to know. More may be added to the sheet later, but this is your character sheet. Looks short, but I have a much bigger character sheet that I have to maintain throughout your gameplay that you won't be able to see, like this. These are random stats by the way:

Name: Trey
-------
Clothing: White tank top w/ loose blue jeans & sandals
Items: Tennis racket, zagnut, Cantene (Full)
Right Hand: Tennis racket
Left hand: Nothing
-------
Weather: Clear skies
Tempurature: 112°
Population Infected: 94.7%
Infection Chance By:
-Drinking Water: 98.2%
-Eating Fruits: 46.7% (Like from trees)
-Eating Canned Foods & Fruits: 0.2%
-Coming in Contact of the Undead: 64.9% (This means by making skin contact in any way)
-------
Body Tempurature: Extremely High
Hunger: Starving (Obviously you need energy to survive in a world like this)
Thirst: Parched (You MUST have access to water to survive, clean or not)
Rest: Exhausted (You can only scavenge for so long...)
Infection: 89.2% (Once this hits 100%, your doomed.)
Sanity: 2.1% - Insane

As you can see, this character is near death. With the right equipment, he could be healthy again, but he hasn't been very productive.

This is important though. You know how you read the part where I said only I have access to view the large character sheet, and you can only see the very short one? Well, in the description that I post for you, you will have a lot of hints about what your character is feeling, how he/she is feeling, and so on.

So, there are some stories for you to choose from to start your journey. There are only two players allowed in thsi RPG. If one player dies, another gets to take his spot and start a new character. If you wanted to play but someone got here first, you can ask me to let you play after someone has died by posting on my profile.

Here are the stories: (And by the way, the "zombie apocalypse" has been underway for two years now.

1) You have been living in a community full of strong willed survivors for a year and four months in a city called Merryville. There are wide varieties of age and ethnicity in Merryville, but about a month ago, people have started to turn Merryville from Democracy, into a Dictatorship. A man named Saul has decided to kick children, the elderly, and sick people out of Merryville, or use them as bait. He believes that the only way to survive is to have young or middle-aged, strong adults as the only people to inhabit Merryville to ensure its survival. This is just an idea, but you've gained information that Saul is going to begin the erradication of all of the "burdens" in Merryville in two days -- a Tuesday. This is where you come in. You can either band together with the rebels to overthrow Saul's plan to extinguish the "burdens" of Merryville, or you can join Saul in his campaign against a supposedly weak future for the society. Tread lightly though. This is REALISM. Too many ignorant moves you make will result in your swift death.

2) (Only choose this one if you are good at playing RPG's)You have been surviving with a small group of friends for four months now, and things have been going good. You have all gained enough expirience in scavanging and scouting that none of you are a weak link. The four of you have been through thick and thin, and have survived without trying to cut eachothers throats in the process. In other words, your group is very tight, and almost nothing will separate the bonds that you all have created throughout the apocalypse. However, there are problems now. The shack you have all been living in is now running extremely low on supplies. Also, the city you have been returning to from time to time to scavenge food and other needed supplies is nearly dry of recources for you to live off of. Its time to relocate, and find a new city to search and collect. How will you go about surviving?

3) You have been surviving alone for three and a half months now, and you've been doing fine. You have enough recources to last two days, and enough ammunition in your Glock 17 to kill maybe 17 zombies, if your lucky. Nothing is going wrong right now, expect the fact that you have been alone for far too long. No human contact in three months can be devastating on someone in the middle of an apocalypse. Is anyone even alive anymore? Your sanity will be hard to maintain in this specific story line. Your characters thoughts will run rampid if this continues for much longer. Find something to ease the lonliness, and you'll do just fine.

• 101 Replies
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name: John Hampton
-------
Clothing: Black hoodie, black jeans, black Nike shoes
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"Eh, that's fine. My name is John Hampton, sir." After answering, I help the other guy down the road. "Okay, now, where is your place again?"

As you help the man to his home, the crowd disperses and goes to their homes as well. Saul and his bodyguards return to their large house also.

The man replies,"My home is down this road, and to the right."
He leads you correctly as he hangs over your shoulders, wounded. You approach the front step of his home, and knock on the door. A few seconds later, a woman that looks to be in her seventies opens the door slightly, and peeks out.
"Who is there?" she asks.
"Its Perry, ma'am. I'm a little sore at the moment, can you let us in please?"
"Who is your guest?"
"Its John." he replies.
"Oh! John, hi!" She exclaims. She recognizes you somehow, but you don't know how. After all, Merryville is pretty small. She opens the door to its fullest extent, and invites you both inside.
"What happened, Perry?" she asks, leading you both to a sofa in a living room. The interior of this home looks really great. Yours almost looks just as good, but they seem to have organized it just a little too well. You can hear a faint conversation between two or more people upstairs, but you can't exactly tell. There is also a faint sound of soft music coming from somewhere within the home.

Perry responds to the woman. "I was attacked by a man because he didn't share the same views as me, and he was much stronger than me. There was nothing I could do, they don't let people into the armory either, so we can't defend ourselves -- not even against zombies."
"Perry, that's terrible. Do you want some coffee?" the woman asks silently.
"Yes ma'am, that would be very nice."
The woman leaves the room, and enters the kitchen, leaving you and Perry alone.
"John," he says, gaining your attention,"thank you for helping me, even though you didn't know what was going on. That man was insane; if you weren't there to stop him, I probably would not be alive right now. And thank god that plane crashed! That saved both of us."

(Do you want to say/do something, or let him continue?)
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"Well, couldn't just stand by and watch you get basically murdered." I look back to where the woman disappeared to. "So, does she know everyone here by name or was I just an exception?"

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"Well, couldn't just stand by and watch you get basically murdered." I look back to where the woman disappeared to. "So, does she know everyone here by name or was I just an exception?"

"We all know you, to an extent. You've been here for a year and a couple of months, right?" he asks. Then, the woman enters back into the room with three hot cups of coffee. She places one down on a coffee table sitting directly in front of Perry, and then she looks at you.
"Would you like a cup, dear?"
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

Lol, wonder if I die from hypothermia if I don't accept some coffee.

"Yes, I would like that very much. It's starting to get cold outside."

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Unfortunately, Ninjanick (a.k.a Otto) has been killed. His poor little fragile mind couldn't handle this cruel, cruel world anymore. He lost his sanity, and in turn, lost his life. Now, a new spot is available, and The_Gentleman was the next person on the list to play the game.

=========================================

-------
Items:
Right Hand: Cup of Coffee (80% Remaining)
Left hand:

Lol, wonder if I die from hypothermia if I don't accept some coffee.

Not yet. >

I'm trying to be a bit more organized with the dialogue and the splits between certain things that happen, so I'm going to categorize separate subjects with an arrow (&gt to make it easier to know when a new subject is being brought up. Something like that. xD

"Yes, I would like that very much. It's starting to get cold outside."

>"Speaking of that, it would be nice to have a weather channel." Perry says.
>The older lady nods her head in agreement, hands you the cup of coffee, then sits down in a chair and rocks it back and forth and waits for more conversation to be had as she sips from her cup. You do the same. "Oh! I forgot to offer the lady and the gentlemen upstairs some coffee!" she exclaims. She gets back up out of her chair slowly, then bends over to pick up her cup of coffee from her personal coffee table. She then walks upstairs to converse with the people upstairs, leaving you and Perry alone again.
>"Do you want to take a seat?" Perry says, patting the cushion beside him.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Left hand:

Now to keep the cup as a weapon... I'm kidding.

I sit down next to Perry. "So who's the couple upstairs?"

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

-------
Items:
Left hand:

Now to keep the cup as a weapon... I'm kidding.

Hey, you can do whatever you want to. xD

I sit down next to Perry. "So who's the couple upstairs?"

>He takes a sip of his coffee, and replies. "They aren't exactly a couple. They are pretty much just dating. The girl, Alison, wants to get married. The guy, Jarred, wants to focus on other things though. That's his excuse, anyways. He doesn't tell what hes focusing on exactly, so I think he's just not ready for commitment, but won't tell Alison. That's how a lot of guys do, even when zombies are around." He takes another sip of his coffee, and so do you.
>Then, you hear footsteps, and the old woman appears at the bottom of the staircase. She walks towards the kitchen, and politely smiles at you and Perry as she disappears into the kitchen, probably to make more coffee.
>You take a peek at a window to your left, and you can see another two-story home across a street. The home is moon-lit. The street that separates you from the other home is moon-lit as well. Seeing the moonlight makes you feel even more tired than you already feel. You can't help but to let out a long yawn.
>"Getting tired, John?" Perry asks. The older woman steps back out of the kitchen, and continues up the staircase again to deliver her freshly made coffee for whoever had asked for it. Perry sits in his sofa, sipping his coffee as he waits for a reply.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Left hand:

"Yeah, I think I should get back home. I heard some arguing from an old couple this morning. I should make sure they aren't getting too rough. If anything feels weird, or there's pain when you're doing something, take it easy. My little brother landed on his tail-bone one time and he couldn't run without extreme pain. Have a good day Perry. I take a large sip out of the coffee, set it down on a coffee table, (or something) then head to the apartment.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"Yeah, I think I should get back home. I heard some arguing from an old couple this morning. I should make sure they aren't getting too rough. If anything feels weird, or there's pain when you're doing something, take it easy. My little brother landed on his tail-bone one time and he couldn't run without extreme pain. Have a good day Perry. I take a large sip out of the coffee, set it down on a coffee table, (or something) then head to the apartment.

>"Goodbye, John." he says as you exit.
>You head towards your home, and notice that absolutely no one is outside right now. You turn a corner, and the main street comes into view. Just across, are two guards guarding the Armory. These guys are different people. One of them looks like... ehh, its time to stop thinking and time to start snoozing. You find your house, enter, and lock the door behind you. You feel glad that you wore your hoodie tonight. Your face is chilled by the cold wind. You go upstairs, wash your face with warm water, get undressed, and then lie in your bed. By the sound of it, everyone must be sleeping already. Then, your thoughts come to a halt, and you fall asleep.

>You wake up the next morning, feeling well rested. The sun is shining through your window, right next to your bed. You're feeling pretty hungry, and you could use a drink. Today will be a busy day, afterall...
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

I take a large sip

Large sip? Quite contradictory if I do say so myself
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

I head downstairs and into the kitchen to see if there's anything to eat. Preferably enough to get me through the day but not enough as to damper the rations seriously. I'll also just drink from the sink. Screw it.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

I head downstairs and into the kitchen to see if there's anything to eat. Preferably enough to get me through the day but not enough as to damper the rations seriously. I'll also just drink from the sink. Screw it.

>You exit your room, and walk downstairs. After entering the kitchen, you find the young woman that shares the house with you. Her name is Sarah. She notices you approaching the kitchen. "Good morning, John." she says, smiling. You say the same, and then look at something to eat. Merryville doesn't have any hunters, so there is no meat to be collected. There are many scavengers, however. You find a can of pasta, and settle with that. You prepare it, and place it in the microwave and wait for it to be ready to eat. In the meantime, Sarah converses with you shortly about what happened last night.
"So, is the man that you helped okay?" she asks.
You answer her question politely, and then you take the pasta out of the microwave and snatch a fork out of a drawer, then sit down to eat.
After eating and getting emotionally closer to Sarah as you conversed with each other, you finish your pasta.

(If you don't like for me to control how your character reacts to people talking to you in a situation where its just small talk, then you can tell me and you can control what you say and have small talk with anyone you want. This game is meant to be realistic, so feel free to do and say what you would think you would do in situations like this. Also, I described you as talking to her politely since you helped the man last night, and have a little bit of honor since you did. You will keep gaining honor if you continue to do good deeds. However, just remember, being a hero is not always the best decision.)

By the way, Merryville has a low supply of energy, but has a large supply of water. So, you can microwave food and etc, but air conditioning units were scrapped and recycled for other uses to preserve energy. And this wasn't in the story description when you chose it, but the reason Saul wants to get rid of most of the people, specifically young, old, and sick people, is to get rid of the extra mouths to feed. In the game, it is a Monday, and the food supply is dangerously low because there are too many survivors. Tomorrow will be Saul's "Judgement Day" for everyone. Just clearing things up for you and giving you information that you should have known earlier.
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

And this wasn't in the story description when you chose it, but the reason Saul wants to get rid of most of the people, specifically young, old, and sick people, is to get rid of the extra mouths to feed.

By young, I meant children.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

I'll be off and on when it comes to small talk. If you would have my character say something negative, then you could notify me. Then I would take over. (And yeah, sometimes a Hero act might F me up. Like some guy being chased by the zombies of Thermopolae. /:l Yeah, good luck with that bro.)

I put the plate and fork in the sink to be washed later. "Anyways, are you going on the plane-search too or were you not there when Saul asked for volunteers?" I ask as I sit back down.

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Name: Jericho Williams
-------
Clothing: black leather jacket with a white shirt under, boots, jeans, sunglasses, bandana.
Items:
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

Story 2. Do I need to post the items too?

Showing 31-45 of 101