ForumsSupport ForumImpossible Armatars

76 30114
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I notice that two of the admins have special armatars that are not seasonal or selectable. These are the armatars I noticed on admins:

boppins has this armatar:
http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_464_100.100_c.jpg

heyitsleo has this armatar:
http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_468_100.100_c.jpg

How and why did those admins get those armatars?

• 76 Replies
fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

how does john have that armatar

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

He's an admin, so basically to us regular users, magic.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

The cat is awesome :3 .... I want something more cute as Armatar D:

Change your armatar and there will be consequences *cracks knuckles*
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Why not give the admins some leeway and freedom to have some fun as well?! They are working hard to keep this place up and running for us all the time, so if they want to change their armatars and fool around with uploading their own creations, I say let them! =D
They surely have the means as they can access the HTML treasure chest from their end, but aside from that... who am I to deny them their fun and games besides working like a dog all day...

And we won't be able to stop them anyhow... LOL

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

They're custom armatars. Not drawn for AG, just grabbed off the internet and uploaded here.

And they can just put them on there?! I wanna do that!
aceplayer24
aceplayer24
2 posts
Nomad

Do you even want them? They don't look that good ?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Do you even want them? They don't look that good ?

But they are different...so yes
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

And they can just put them on there?! I wanna do that!

If they are indeed custom armatars instead a part of a pack you can expect custom armatars in the future.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

If they are indeed custom armatars instead a part of a pack you can expect custom armatars in the future.

As in users posting their own armatars? That thing we have been saying since forever ago (since last I checked) that was never-ever going to happen?
Yeah, doubt that.

It has been said countless times in this thread that since they are Admins, they can and indeed have done that sort of thing. So, um, what are we discussing at this point?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

That thing we have been saying since forever ago (since last I checked) that was never-ever going to happen?

It was never ruled out, just put on hold by Cormyn because people keep talking about it. I haven't read anything since then from the admins saying that we'll "never" have them.
So, um, what are we discussing at this point?

They admins have hinted at custom armatars or new armatars here.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

For admins only. Prove me wrong, quote one of them where it says anything about users getting custom ones. With exception given to the Elephant ones, even though those are not really custom ones.

I do not think you have any place to just tell users such things. Based off of what? Our admins uploading their own armatars? That does not mean, at all, that members are going to get custom armatars. It's too much of a hassle. I know for a fact that the idea has been brought up countless times and the same end response was "Eh, way too risky."

Bottom line:
- Admins get custom amatars because they are employees of AG. As such, it can be trusted that they will not choose something inappropriate for their armatar. That is kinda of a perk when you are in that position.
- This in no shape, way or form indicates users getting custom armatars any time soon. Perhaps saying 'never-ever' is a bit of a stretch. Yet as I see it (and have seen), the responsibility of uploading custom (and appropriate) armatars is too much.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Is it a pack of armatars... or something BETTER? - John
Patrick, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that Admins will have powers that a normal user will not. Custom Armatars are one of those gifts, though as you can plainly see - I'm a wonky spiderface. - Ferret
There may, or may not be custom admin armatars. - Ferret

They're not saying we're getting custom armatars or new ones, but they're hinting it.

I'm not telling them we're getting custom armatars, I said if. I didn't say "we are clearly getting custom armatars" or anything like that. Not based solely on that, no, also the posts they're making regarding the topic.

Hassle, risk, why? Because some people will upload inappropriate images? That's inevitable, but they aren't difficult to deal with. All other big sites on the internet have custom avatars, why can't AG?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

How does that in any way even slightly allude to such a thing?
I see John referring to a possible pack of armatars, as mentioned. Whoohoo, alright. I already mentioned that. And seeing as the title of the thread is about 'impossible armatars':
Ferret is saying that Admins have access to things normal members do not. Which is nothing new at all. He then goes on to mention that while he could have one, he just has a seasonal armatar. After that-- Really, do I need to explain that? We already went over it, admins have customs armatars. No surprise here, we've been seeing that for ages.

The rest of the discussion about the risk and such would be way off topic, so I'll leave it to what I have already said.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

"something BETTER", what's better than an armatar pack? Custom armatars.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

what's better than an armatar pack? Custom armatars.

If they ever did launch 'custom armatars' they should just end up removing the ones that you can get for points, because, you could just get an armatar say for 10000 AP and screenshot crop it/save it to your files, and upload it yourself.

So, armatars would then lose their uniqueness which is possibly one of the good traits of this website.
Showing 46-60 of 76