ForumsSupport ForumImpossible Armatars

76 30113
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I notice that two of the admins have special armatars that are not seasonal or selectable. These are the armatars I noticed on admins:

boppins has this armatar:
http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_464_100.100_c.jpg

heyitsleo has this armatar:
http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_468_100.100_c.jpg

How and why did those admins get those armatars?

• 76 Replies
Fesak
Fesak
11 posts
Nomad

On my profile i have noticed that i get free armatars...has this happened to anyone else?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

On my profile i have noticed that i get free armatars...has this happened to anyone else?

You're most likely thinking of the 0 AP armatars. Those armatars are available to everyone.
indianajones1
indianajones1
74 posts
Nomad

I would like to have an Armatar like Jeff and Minotaur.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I would like to have an Armatar like Jeff and Minotaur.

That armatar can be unlocked by gaining more AP (it is against the rules to reveal the exact value). This thread is about the custom armatars available to admins only.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Correction Patrick, armatars only allowed by admins, Ernie (I think) once pointed out that you can easily change your armatar to a custome one by using a method I shan't say. And for the record he said that because someone (maybe Ernie said it and someone else said how to) pointed out that some user who's name escapes me has an armatar that is not and has never been available.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Ernie (I think) once pointed out that you can easily change your armatar to a custome one by using a method I shan't say. And for the record he said that because someone (maybe Ernie said it and someone else said how to) pointed out that some user who's name escapes me has an armatar that is not and has never been available.

The method in question is most likely a hack. Only admins can use custom armatars without hacking.
jostar11
jostar11
14 posts
Nomad

nice armatar

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Risky move by myself here..but I'd rather not create another thread..

So I was wandering about our wonderful confines..and found a user with an "impossible armatar"

My question is...was this user previously an admin..or is something else going on here?

User in question

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Was never an admin to my knowledge... I can't explain this (not that you were expecting me to...), so maybe you should ask Ferret about it.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I think game devs have the power to use custom Armatars.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

It seems like some developers can have their own custom made one, like how some of the admins do. They probably ask for it or something, but here's another developer with a special armatar.

tohnicholas
tohnicholas
126 posts
Jester

I don't know if you people noticed but I think some of the armatars out there were actually once part of the old AG armatar system but just got deleted and replaced. I think mine is pretty much impossible to get now. I have no proof though, just sayin'.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Seasonal armatars aren't forever. All of the official armatars are still available. The one you are using was seasonal, drawn by me for Thanksgiving 2008.

Negamine076
Negamine076
1 posts
Nomad

John, I have two questions: [/i]How did you get that armatar? Are you an Admin?

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Unfortunately, John can't answer your question as he's moved to Kongregate. However, he was an admin here which was why he was able to have his own custom armatar.

Showing 61-75 of 76