Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

Backup flash game saves?

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 12:20am

lonewolf165

lonewolf165

0 posts

my cpu has been slowing down lately and i think it maybe that its just too old (its from 2003) and id like to know if there is a way to back up my saves from the games here or do they carry over if i get a new cpu and login to my account on it?

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 10:47am

Ferret

Ferret

6,472 posts

Administrator

So, as far as I know the only way to save games is the ones tied to your Armor Games account.  If they aren't, then I would contact the author of the game and ask them? :)

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 10:48am

Ferret

Ferret

6,472 posts

Administrator

Also, welcome!

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 12:07pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

id like to know if there is a way to back up my saves from the games here or do they carry over if i get a new cpu and login to my account on it?

There are games that save with cookies, right?

In that case, you could probably find the cookies of your browser, save them on a flash drive or through Dropbox and copy them when you get a better computer. You'd have to do it manually, though, so if you're in the middle of a game when it crashes, you probably wouldn't be able to get it back (unless there's a way to redirect the cookies of your browser in the first place - hrm, Imma look into this). Also, it would only work from browser to the same browser, though some browsers can automatically convert cookies for you.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 10:18pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,589 posts

So, as far as I know the only way to save games is the ones tied to your Armor Games account.  If they aren't, then I would contact the author of the game and ask them? :)

Acctually I have seen some games that save even without an account.

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 2:42am

lonewolf165

lonewolf165

0 posts

how would i find the cookies with my save files?

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 10:02am

colony101

colony101

37 posts

on IE you can just go to internet options > tools > internet options > view files and your cookies are all there from all browsers i think

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 11:03am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

how would i find the cookies with my save files?

To access the files themselves:

For IE, run "%APPDATA%" without the question marks. Go to roaming (may already have directed through that folder) > Microsoft > Internet Explorer > UserData and it may be in that or the next folder, is my best guess. (Cookies don't show up for me, but that may be because I hardly, if ever, use IE.) (I'm also using Windows 8, so they may be in a different place. Check this to make sure.)

For Opera, run "%APPDATA%" without the question marks. Go to roaming (may already have directed through that folder) > Opera > Opera and there will be a file called cookies4.dat inside.

For Firefox, run "%APPDATA%" without the question marks. Go to roaming (may already have directed through that folder) > Mozilla > Firefox > Profiles > (whatever may be there) and there are a few files that say 'cookies'. I would copy all of them.

For Chrome, run "%APPDATA%" without the question marks. Go to Local (you may have to backtrack one folder) > Google > Chrome > User Data and there should be at least one file that says 'cookies'. I would copy all of them.

On a Mac or Linux PC, ... I have no idea. Good luck.

You may be able to access the files directly from the browser itself, but I don't know if you'd be able to copy them directly from there. Chrome may have some extension to allow you to access your cookies based on your user login, or maybe it does that already. When I downloaded and logged into it just now, it remembered all of my settings, even though I just downloaded it on this computer. It may do that with cookies too. Other browsers wouldn't do that, since they have no account feature for the browser itself.

Posted Oct 30, '12 at 1:53pm

lonewolf165

lonewolf165

0 posts

thanks jeol they're backed up now. Just waiting for the new cpu. XD

Reply to Backup flash game saves?

You must be logged in to post a reply!