Max000_Extreme

114 posts

I think live chat will be a good idea

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 1:04pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,800 posts

Administrator

I'm still a new fuzzy around here, but I've heard rumors there used to be a chat on Armor Games. Was anybody around for that? How did it go?

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 1:09pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,471 posts

Knight

Ideas and Discussions about: Live Chat

There used to be a chat, I wasn't around for it, but I believe it was discontinued because it didn't have enough moderation.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 1:11pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

You guys mean CT, or AG's official chat? CT was big, but it wasn't the official chat. The official chat ended all the way back in '08, I think. I agree with Matrix; I think the official chat ended because of lack of moderation.

Live chat is planned for AG3 as far as I know.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 2:08pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

You guys mean CT, or AG's official chat? CT was big, but it wasn't the official chat. The official chat ended all the way back in '08, I think. I agree with Matrix; I think the official chat ended because of lack of moderation.

Do you mean TC or CT? Because there is/was a Tinychat for AG, but I don't know how 'official' it is. CT is hardly even connected to AG other than that most of the users have been on AG in the past.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 2:15pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,471 posts

Knight

Talking about the official AG chat here. Not TC or CT, the one they had three-four years ago.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 2:15pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Do you mean TC or CT? Because there is/was a Tinychat for AG, but I don't know how 'official' it is. CT is hardly even connected to AG other than that most of the users have been on AG in the past.

I think there were 2 TC chats back in the day... The "official" one and the one that wasn't official. There was also CT, which wasn't official either. The unofficial TC and CT, which were both more recent, weren't official chats at all. The really, really, really old TC chat was a chat made by some staff member back in '08, I think.

Any of you old people feel free to hop into this conversation and put us whippersnappers in our place with your eternal knowledge and wisdom.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 2:27pm

mechninja

mechninja

1,597 posts

I believe tht live chat would be a great idea for AG3.
It would be moderated by a system that doesn't allow you to post your message if it has any inapropriate words or phrases.For instance,you're on live chat with a friend,and he is mad that you beat him in the current game your are playing.He'll probably curse you out,so it'll just say,cannot display message.Inapropriate language found.Or something like that...But I think you should have live chat like in the MMO games such as Mystic Guardians and other games.You could also be able to have private live chat with a certain player.They'd have to be your friend,or they can send you a request and you could either accept or decline it.This would be a great feature for any AG game.You could share tips,or even better,you could play games that have a wireless co-op feature and link it w/ the live chat!That would be truly epic!You could play the game and at the same time connect with that specific player and play the game with them.While one player is playing and the other is trying to send a message,or vice versa,the player that is sending the message would be invincible while typing so it would be fair rather than letting enemies slaughter you while you type...I hope you guys take this under consideration!
~Mech

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 2:34pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,471 posts

Knight

Even with that system, you can still get away with breaking rules, which is why they must be moderated to succeed.

Posted Oct 29, '12 at 5:04pm

CrusafixSoldier

CrusafixSoldier

17 posts

live chat sounds like an awesome idea, all for it.

Reply to Live chat

You must be logged in to post a reply!