ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Live chat

Posted Oct 30, '12 at 6:05pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

- More accounts and users
- Larger and more lively forums
- Browse through the chats they have and you'll see 100+ users in each, and they have *many* chat rooms in English, and some in other languages.

More accounts and users =/= more active. You could have a billion people here and only have 10 or so active. It's unlikely, but there are a lot of people who don't use their accounts at all. Besides, I don't want to have to memorize usernames and personalities for 500 people who'll leave in 3-4 days anyway.

Larger and livelier forums =/= better. They could be filled with a bunch of complete morons who have nothing good to say, and will just leave. I don't mind more people if I like them, but I don't like forums where there are a thousand regulars with 1k+ posts and no one knows anyone outside their little group.

I hate huge chatrooms. They're always the noobs that'll hop in and ruin everything. Not saying it'll happen here, but it can always happen.

They're about the same.

I disagree. Here you have time to formulate your opinions and you can try to sound smart, as opposed to a chatroom where you have to spit out replies faster than you could possibly imagine.

Posted Oct 30, '12 at 6:14pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

More accounts and users =/= more active.

However Kongregate is more active.

Larger and livelier forums =/= better.

They seem more organised, but I personally don't use them because I'm already used to the forums here.

Here you have time to formulate your opinions and you can try to sound smart, as opposed to a chatroom where you have to spit out replies faster than you could possibly imagine.

Chat rooms cut out the redundancy. You're talking in real time and you'll probably get to know people better because it's faster. I actually use an offsite chat room on occasion to talk to some people I've met online, and the friendships flourished there. I'm willing to say I probably wouldn't be friends with them if I only had AG to communicate.

Posted Oct 30, '12 at 6:39pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

Fine, you kids are entitled to your misguided opinions with little or no actual experience with trying to operate/run one a site such as this.

But, surely as 'kids' as you would so condescendingly put it, we would know what people our age would prefer.
It's much easier to communicate someone via live chat, rather than comments or forums.

And what, perchance, makes you believe they are so much larger than us?

Well, seeing as we don't know how much people play here daily, since we have no reference, but:
http://i46.tinypic.com/6i4gu0.jpg
I would be surprised if we even had half of that much users on now, at this point in time.

And it is clearly just the chat which makes it 'way larger' than AG

Their OT, while much more spammier than our Tavern, is much, much more active.
So that statement would be false.

You could have a billion people here and only have 10 or so active

With every extra person playing, it increases the ratio and possibility of activity.

I hate huge chatrooms. They're always the noobs that'll hop in and ruin everything.

'Mute.'

Here you have time to formulate your opinions and you can try to sound smart, as opposed to a chatroom where you have to spit out replies faster than you could possibly imagine.

Then that isn't really you as a person, at least in a chatroom, you get to know the real person, if I was to think out my post for more than a minute, rather than just smash it out typing, I would look over my posts and say to myself:
"What a tool."

Posted May 22, '13 at 8:04pm

Lucylovesyou

Lucylovesyou

1 post

I think live chat would be cool c:

Posted May 30, '13 at 2:19am

LlordMaso

LlordMaso

40 posts

I disagree. Here you have time to formulate your opinions and you can try to sound smart, as opposed to a chatroom where you have to spit out replies faster than you could possibly imagine.

I totally  agree with this

Posted Jun 1, '13 at 3:40pm

HappyFaceaNinja

HappyFaceaNinja

55 posts

Meh, truthfully I don't care

Posted Jun 4, '13 at 11:21pm

Charlie506

Charlie506

1,069 posts

i will love a chat

Posted Jun 6, '13 at 4:02pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,951 posts

Administrator

There has been talk about this again at one of our monthly lunches, I know Boppins is excited about chat. :)

Posted Jun 6, '13 at 4:15pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,241 posts

There has been talk about this again at one of our monthly lunches, I know Boppins is excited about chat. :)

So there is a chance? No matter how small it is?

Posted Jun 6, '13 at 4:18pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,951 posts

Administrator

Yes, there is a good chance.  Especially MMO's would benefit from some sort of chat system.

Reply to Live chat

You must be logged in to post a reply!