ForumsGamesDoom II and Duke Nukem 3D: The best fps games of all time

11 5684
njaddison5699
njaddison5699
9 posts
Nomad

You guys should know why these two are my favorite. CoD is NOTHIN' compared to these games!!!!!!!! Most of the stuff in CoD is just ripoffs!!!! For example, Duke Nukem 3D was the first fps game where you could melee while holding a weapon (The mighty boot)! Some of the games made after Duke Nukem 3D tried to imitate that feature, just with knives or eventually the gun itself. About 10 years later, people are still using what was an original idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's where the knifing feature came from.

I love Doom II so much. I've beat the whole game twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Doom series was what made me become really good at fps games. When I first began playing Doom, I would panic and aim recklessly, and sometimes shoot barrels and kill myself. The first time I got the rocket launcher, I saw an Imp and I panicked. I tried to aim, but the Imp was in my face!!!!!! So, I fired. The splash damage from the rocket killed me. I couldn't aim fast enough. I was so horrible at Doom I thought that I had nightmares about pinky demons gnawing my face off, and I couldn't aim fast enough to shoot them!!!!!!!!!!!! But soon, my reflexes were strengthened, and I became the Doom MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!

• 11 Replies
PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

No one gets this excited over a sequel. I'm going to guess you are drunk and/or completely trolling due to the over excessive exclamation points.

Everything was stolen from Doom.
Remember Hexen? Pretty garage rip off.

Doom is old hat now. In fact, its just nonsensical nostalgia with the only merit it holds is that it was fun to play when a kid.
I'm not saying Doom was a bad game by any means. But it seems you really like the game.

Here: go to youtube and check out errant signal by campster. He does a speech about Doom. I think you will really like it.

junaidehsan
junaidehsan
2 posts
Farmer

i like the doom always

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Doom is old hat now. In fact, its just nonsensical nostalgia with the only merit it holds is that it was fun to play when a kid.

shooters like this ask allot more skill then any shooter released the last 8 year.
that is why i appreciate these older, faster shooters more then the boring, slow and filled whit brainless kids shooters of today.
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

duke died when we waited for duke nukem forever and doom is a little old
i say there were good stuff about the doom seris but duke why?
i am not a cod player if you think i am.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Autism, autism everywhere.

This is why /mlp/ is always better than /v/

-Chillz

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4yIxUOWrtw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NURfvG0lfpA

Two great videos I recommend everyone reading this to watch.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Most of the stuff in CoD is just ripoffs!!!! For example, Duke Nukem 3D was the first fps game where you could melee while holding a weapon

The bayonet
Looks like the WWs were rip offs too. Maybe you should sue Hitler.
JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

ou guys should know why these two are my favorite. CoD is NOTHIN' compared to these games!!!!!!!! Most of the stuff in CoD is just ripoffs!!!! For example, Duke Nukem 3D was the first fps game where you could melee while holding a weapon (The mighty boot)! Some of the games made after Duke Nukem 3D tried to imitate that feature, just with knives or eventually the gun itself. About 10 years later, people are still using what was an original idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's where the knifing feature came from.

I love Doom II so much. I've beat the whole game twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Doom series was what made me become really good at fps games. When I first began playing Doom, I would panic and aim recklessly, and sometimes shoot barrels and kill myself. The first time I got the rocket launcher, I saw an Imp and I panicked. I tried to aim, but the Imp was in my face!!!!!! So, I fired. The splash damage from the rocket killed me. I couldn't aim fast enough. I was so horrible at Doom I thought that I had nightmares about pinky demons gnawing my face off, and I couldn't aim fast enough to shoot them!!!!!!!!!!!! But soon, my reflexes were strengthened, and I became the Doom MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an example of what not to be like in a site like Armor Games.

I love Halo, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed. But I know they're not the best games out there. In fact, nothing is. It really depends on preference. Someone could think StarCraft is the best game ever while another could think King Arthur is the best.

Announcing a game is, "the best" is wrong. That's dominating other people's opinions.

The people I know that've played Duke Nukem actually hate it. They say it's perverted and doesn't even have very good gameplay. One of my friends showed me, and from the cover alone you can tell it's a bad game--literally.
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

doom 2 and 3 were some of th best games i've played

koolkylekool
koolkylekool
247 posts
Nomad

Autism, autism everywhere.

This is why /mlp/ is always better than /v/

-Chillz

Armorgames =/= 4chan.

And /mlp/ and /v/ both suck. /r9k/ or /b/ if you want anything interesting.

Oh and you only really like the games for nostalgia reasons. My favorite FPS- despite some spotty A.I.- is likely Far Cry 2. It's the only game where I can say that I love every single aspect of the sniping gameplay and it's honestly a beautiful game.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Duke Nukem was probably one of the best games I did play and watch as a kid but its just old news. I liked that it seemed to be the first game that actually had a reflection of you in the mirror.

And as for quake the only thing I have to say thats good about it is that Half-life was made.

Bunnyhopping or jumping was one of the best things in these old games

Showing 1-11 of 11