ForumsPopular MediaDisney Bought Star Wars

56 18478
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

So peoples, if you have been living under a rock I am here to inform you, Disney has Bought Lucas Films from George Lucas for 4.05 Billion $.

With their new purchase, Disney is hoping to start on the final three in the Star Wars series, 7,8, and 9. I have no idea of the cast at this current moment but I know that George Lucas will remain as a creative consultant.

How do you feel about this?

• 56 Replies
116 posts
Nomad

I'm sure the making of this new movie will go over well. Really shows all they care about it money, it's awful.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

This, makes me not to watch star wars.

in order to follow the original plans, they would completely ruin the expanded universe. (30 ABY is around the start of the Yuuzhan Vong war, not when the New republic is just forming.)

~~~Darth Caedus

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

With their new purchase, Disney is hoping to start on the final three in the Star Wars series, 7,8, and 9

Just how do they plan to do that? You can't just add to the Star Wars series... you can make crummy TV shows and maybe a few video games off the franchise, but you can't make more movies! That's a major no-no, especially for a hyper-capitalist company like Disney.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Disney is hoping to start on the final three in the Star Wars series, 7,8, and 9.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

The movies 1-3 (not the original ones..) were absolutely terrible for the series...I can't even imagine how much of a train wreck these will be..
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Still waiting for that Star Wars: Battlefront III. I don't think the movies will do well, I can't think of much that they can add to the series. The sixth one's ending was fitting, and they explained pretty much everything with the new prequels.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Still waiting for that Star Wars: Battlefront III.
The company that made the first 2 went bankrupt, so it is not likely to ever be made.

The movies 1-3 (not the original ones..) were absolutely terrible for the series...I can't even imagine how much of a train wreck these will be..
Well if the movies follow the course laid by the expanded universe, they will be during the yuuzhan vong war, which is about 20 books condensed into 3 movies.

although it would be cool to have movies on that war, it just wouldn't work out.

~~~Darth Caedus
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

They'll probably put star wars themed rides in Disney land/world now as well.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

aslong george lucas is working whit them, i'm sure he will be ale to guide it in a direction that it wont damage the 1st 6 and that it wont be overly stupid.

there must be something he sees in this sale. it's not like he needed to money.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

aslong george lucas is working whit them, i'm sure he will be ale to guide it in a direction that it wont damage the 1st 6 and that it wont be overly stupid.

The prequels are known for being overly stupid though, at least that's what I see from most of the reviews I've read. I'd have to rewatch them to form a solid opinion.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

How do you feel about this?

With Lucas as a consultant I don't think it will be too bad. The movies might be OK. I am assuming that they will follow the books, but if they don't then it will get really confusing.

Honestly we will just have to wait and see. Cannot speculate too much right now.
They'll probably put star wars themed rides in Disney land/world now as well.

They already have Star Tours. At least that is what I think it is called. They changed it around a few years ago, I don't know if they changed the name.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Because...y'know...he did so well with 1-3.. (sarcasm)

The prequels are known for being overly stupid though, at least that's what I see from most of the reviews I've read. I'd have to rewatch them to form a solid opinion.

Go watch RedLetterMedia's review on them
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Just how do they plan to do that? You can't just add to the Star Wars series... you can make crummy TV shows and maybe a few video games off the franchise, but you can't make more movies!

There are 7, 8, and 9 out already in the form of books, although whether or not they will follow these is up to Disney's whim.

Also, thanks to the mod who fixed the spelling error.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Because...y'know...he did so well with 1-3..

can't say they are really as bad as you want it to sound like.
actually i enjoyed them yes.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Disney is hoping to start on the final three in the Star Wars series, 7,8, and 9.

Whoopee, three more Star Wars movies I'll never be able to sit through.

With both the emperor and the almighty Vader gone, how did they manage to squeeze out three more installments in the series without the classic villains?

can't say they are really as bad as you want it to sound like.

Attack of the Clones was. I actually fell asleep in the theater. That's the only time that has ever happened to me.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

With both the emperor and the almighty Vader gone, how did they manage to squeeze out three more installments in the series without the classic villains?

Disney Pixar created a virtually entirely new character list for Cars 2 after Cars. They'll think of some cliche'd character or another to throw in.
Showing 1-15 of 56