Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Disney Bought Star Wars

Posted Oct 30, '12 at 10:50pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

600 posts

So peoples, if you have been living under a rock I am here to inform you, Disney has Bought Lucas Films from George Lucas for 4.05 Billion $.

With their new purchase, Disney is hoping to start on the final three in the Star Wars series, 7,8, and 9. I have no idea of the cast at this current moment but I know that George Lucas will remain as a creative consultant.

How do you feel about this?

Posted Oct 30, '12 at 11:16pm

113 posts

I'm sure the making of this new movie will go over well.  Really shows all they care about it money, it's awful.

Posted Oct 30, '12 at 11:28pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,145 posts

This, makes me not to watch star wars.

in order to follow the original plans, they would completely ruin the expanded universe. (30 ABY is around the start of the Yuuzhan Vong war, not when the New republic is just forming.)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 12:31am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,281 posts

With their new purchase, Disney is hoping to start on the final three in the Star Wars series, 7,8, and 9

Just how do they plan to do that? You can't just add to the Star Wars series... you can make crummy TV shows and maybe a few video games off the franchise, but you can't make more movies! That's a major no-no, especially for a hyper-capitalist company like Disney.

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 1:44am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,226 posts

Disney is hoping to start on the final three in the Star Wars series, 7,8, and 9.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

The movies 1-3 (not the original ones..) were absolutely terrible for the series...I can't even imagine how much of a train wreck these will be..

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 10:34am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

Still waiting for that Star Wars: Battlefront III. I don't think the movies will do well, I can't think of much that they can add to the series. The sixth one's ending was fitting, and they explained pretty much everything with the new prequels.

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 10:53am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,145 posts

Still waiting for that Star Wars: Battlefront III.

The company that made the first 2 went bankrupt, so it is not likely to ever be made.

The movies 1-3 (not the original ones..) were absolutely terrible for the series...I can't even imagine how much of a train wreck these will be..

Well if the movies follow the course laid by the expanded universe, they will be during the yuuzhan vong war, which is about 20 books condensed into 3 movies.

although it would be cool to have movies on that war, it just wouldn't work out.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 11:15am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

They'll probably put star wars themed rides in Disney land/world now as well.

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 1:50pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

aslong george lucas is working whit them, i'm sure he will be ale to guide it in a direction that it wont damage the 1st 6 and that it wont be overly stupid.

there must be something he sees in this sale. it's not like he needed to money.

Posted Oct 31, '12 at 1:59pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

aslong george lucas is working whit them, i'm sure he will be ale to guide it in a direction that it wont damage the 1st 6 and that it wont be overly stupid.

The prequels are known for being overly stupid though, at least that's what I see from most of the reviews I've read. I'd have to rewatch them to form a solid opinion.

Reply to Disney Bought Star Wars

You must be logged in to post a reply!