ForumsForum GamesCaldaria: Lands at War

160 16909
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

This is Caldaria, a land ravaged by wars between the 5 great nations:
The Nords: Unparalleled infantry with heavy chain armor, and large axes for fighting and throwing. The kings and lords are hot headed and traditional

The Vaegirs: The balanced peoples, the kings cool headed and a variety of troops excelling at horsemanship and light infantries.

Kingdom of Swadia: Heavy Cavalry oriented with reliable heavy infantry, their lords and kings are very cautious, being in the center of the continent

Khergit Khanate: Born in the saddle, and die in the saddle, these people hail from the steppes, they excel in horsemanship, and their leaders are master hit and run tacticians, prolonged engagements are the bane of their existence

The Rhodoks: They're the best at killing horses with their spears and men with their crossbows, they are perfect for defending areas and will do it with their lives, not surprisingly their kings are the same

These kingdoms have fought for centuries. They are in desperate need of nobles and vassals to help raise armies for their constant state of warring.

This game will include a lot of talking, debating, etc. and not be all action so be prepared for it.

Sheet:

Name:
Physical Desc.:
Bio: at least 5 sentences, optional
Perk: from bio
---------
Weapon: i put
Armor: i put
Misc.: i put
Armor Durability: i put
Health: i put
Denars: 1,000
Condition:
--------
Troops:
Troop Types:
Morale: Eager
Events:

• 160 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name: Johann Vekill
Physical Desc.: Black hair, blue eyes, pale skin, 6'2, scrawny
Bio:Johann came to Calradia on the run. Not from gaurds though. They couldn't give half a dam* if it meant running all the way to Calradia. No, he was on the run from debt. His home was taken away, along with all communication with his family. He's learned to cover his tracks. Anyone who was sent after him, oftentimes, were shaken from their robust attitudes once they learned their cause was not just.
Perk:Hard to Hunt: it isn't as easy to find you
Nation: Kingdom of Swadia
---------
Weapon:Knobbed Mace, Arming Sword
Armor:Heraldic Gambeson, Crude flat topped helmet, Cavalry Round Shield
Misc.:
Armor Durability 30/30, Head:75/75, Shield: 80/100
Health:70/100
Denars: 350
Condition:Sword arm injury
--------
Troops:21
Troop Types:19 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield) {25 at village}, 3 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor){5 at village},7 Swadian Footmen(Chain Hauberk,Mail Coif, Longsword, Heater Shield) {6 at village}

"No i'm not risking my men, so you can split the ends of their shields. Either you open those doors, or we starve."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

appropriate time for a...Bump!

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Bio:Johann came to Calradia on the run. Not from gaurds though. They couldn't give half a dam* if it meant running all the way to Calradia. No, he was on the run from debt. His home was taken away, along with all communication with his family. He's learned to cover his tracks. Anyone who was sent after him, oftentimes, were shaken from their robust attitudes once they learned their cause was not just.
---------
Misc.:
--------
Troop Types:19 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield) {25 at village}, 3 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor){5 at village},7 Swadian Footmen(Chain Hauberk,Mail Coif, Longsword, Heater Shield) {6 at village}

"Let's make a deal. I'll open the doors when I can conclude that open combat is innevitable. Allow me to try my method. If it fails, I'll follow through with your plan."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
--------

"Well hurry up and fail at your plan." he hisses and walks over to a long table, sitting in a chair

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
--------

I walk over to a Man-At-Arms. "Take some men, and look for some tar or flammable substance."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
--------

he already did, nada, other than wood

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
--------

"Wood?" I chuckle, slowly growing into a full-blown cackle. "Oh, that's hilarious. Okay, guess we'll have to make do. Get three quarters of the militia and all of the footmen ready to throw the wood at the Rhodoks. Then, find some torches. We're going to burn them to a crisp!"

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
--------

wood doesn't work like tar

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
--------

Ja, but it can still catch fire. Good thing you caught that.

If I brought cavalry the other lords should have too. So, in case of prolonged seige, they probably would've brought natural grain food, like grass or hay so the horses wouldn't become malnourished during deployment or die in the castle stables. The men will grab these materials, throwing them directly after the wood.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
--------

you're in the keep, not the stables, also wood doesn't work like tar works, big logs like you have take a while to catch fire, and burn slowly, so unless the rhodoks are on a spit with a nice apple in their mouths, probably not gonna work as well...or at all

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

appropriate for another...bump!

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
--------

Well, if I was going to use tar I would've turned the Rhodoks into Human statues. But it seems we don't have the material needed to burn the Rhodoks. I'll return to the other guy. "Unfortunately, I don't have the materials required to turn the Rhodoks into ash. I'll keep my word. You can start the attack. I'll have to stand back. My sword arm's wounded. Take my men. I'll stand back and watch. I'll come up and issue orders if needed."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
--------

"Good." he jumps up and starts yelling

"ALRIGHT YOU SCUM GET IN A TIGHT FORMATION RIGHT HERE!" he points to a small area formed in the center passageway from the door

"ALL YOU LOUTS WITH CROSSBOWS HERE!" he points then to two railed areas that slightly overlook the entrance

after a few tense minutes he walks up to the doors, unbars them and throws them open

"YOU *******S WANNA FIGHT?! WELL YOU GOT ONE!" and hops over one of the rails to a side area. you see the rhodoks, slightly surprised start to rush the keep

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
--------

I'll watch how the battle unfolds. I'll jump in if I see that I may be needed.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
--------

well, you want any specific details or cold hard stats

Showing 136-150 of 160