ForumsForum GamesCaldaria: Lands at War

160 16907
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

This is Caldaria, a land ravaged by wars between the 5 great nations:
The Nords: Unparalleled infantry with heavy chain armor, and large axes for fighting and throwing. The kings and lords are hot headed and traditional

The Vaegirs: The balanced peoples, the kings cool headed and a variety of troops excelling at horsemanship and light infantries.

Kingdom of Swadia: Heavy Cavalry oriented with reliable heavy infantry, their lords and kings are very cautious, being in the center of the continent

Khergit Khanate: Born in the saddle, and die in the saddle, these people hail from the steppes, they excel in horsemanship, and their leaders are master hit and run tacticians, prolonged engagements are the bane of their existence

The Rhodoks: They're the best at killing horses with their spears and men with their crossbows, they are perfect for defending areas and will do it with their lives, not surprisingly their kings are the same

These kingdoms have fought for centuries. They are in desperate need of nobles and vassals to help raise armies for their constant state of warring.

This game will include a lot of talking, debating, etc. and not be all action so be prepared for it.

Sheet:

Name:
Physical Desc.:
Bio: at least 5 sentences, optional
Perk: from bio
---------
Weapon: i put
Armor: i put
Misc.: i put
Armor Durability: i put
Health: i put
Denars: 1,000
Condition:
--------
Troops:
Troop Types:
Morale: Eager
Events:

• 160 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name: Johann Vekill
Physical Desc.: Black hair, blue eyes, pale skin, 6'2, scrawny
Bio:Johann came to Calradia on the run. Not from gaurds though. They couldn't give half a dam* if it meant running all the way to Calradia. No, he was on the run from debt. His home was taken away, along with all communication with his family. He's learned to cover his tracks. Anyone who was sent after him, oftentimes, were shaken from their robust attitudes once they learned their cause was not just.
Perk:Hard to Hunt: it isn't as easy to find you
Nation: Kingdom of Swadia
---------
Weapon:Knobbed Mace
Armor:Heraldic Gambeson, Skullcap, Cavalry Round Shield
Misc.:
Armor Durability 30/30, Head:45/45, Shield: 100/100
Health:100/100
Condition:
--------
Troops:21
Troop Types:50 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield), 9 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor),16 Swadian Footmen(Chain Hauberk,Mail Coif, Longsword, Heater Shield), 5 Nord footmen, 1 Nord Huntsman

he can make a normal arming sword, any armor?

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Bio:Johann came to Calradia on the run. Not from gaurds though. They couldn't give half a dam* if it meant running all the way to Calradia. No, he was on the run from debt. His home was taken away, along with all communication with his family. He's learned to cover his tracks. Anyone who was sent after him, oftentimes, were shaken from their robust attitudes once they learned their cause was not just.
---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------
Troop Types:50 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield), 9 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor),16 Swadian Footmen(Chain Hauberk,Mail Coif, Longsword, Heater Shield), 5 Nord footmen, 1 Nord Huntsman

Some Swadian Man-At-Arms armor? Please?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

you can afford the flat topped helmet (crudely made) but not the mail

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

Okay, that's good enough. I buy the items.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Weapon:Knobbed Mace, Arming Sword
Armor:Heraldic Gambeson, Crude flat topped helmet, Cavalry Round Shield
Misc.:
Denars: 100
Condition:
--------

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
Denars: 100
Condition:
--------

I sell the knobbed mace. Afterwards, I return to the garrison, and order another drilling. "The next two days, you men will be allowed to rest. However, drills start as soon as the deadline is over."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
Denars: 350
Condition:
--------

you get 250 Denars

as you walk out the horseman is back again, this time he is quite beat up, you notice an arrow sticking out the back of his armor, but he doesn't seem to notice

"Sir! Urgent message from Reindi Castle!"

you take the message and read it

"Need troops immediately, his has been sent to all nearby lords, the Rhodoks have rebelled!"

you know of the rodok tribes, they were the under the Swadian hand, but have slowly made their phony "Empire" under heavy taxation and levies, but a rebellion was expected, but not this early
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

"Thank you, soldier. Now get off the horse and let me get that arrow out of your armor." After getting out the arrow I return to the garrison. "Men! The Rhodoks have rebelled! Ten footmen, 25 militia, and 4 Men-At-Arms! All others will stay and mantain order here! I expect you to drill and train!" While the men assemble, I go look for an affordable horse. (maximum price of 300) I then return to the garrison, gather the troops, then we march to Reindi castle.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------
Troop Types:25 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield) {25 at village}, 4 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor){5 at village},10 Swadian Footmen(Chain Hauberk,Mail Coif, Longsword, Heater Shield) {6 at village}

you get the arrow out as he gets back on and starts to ride towards the other lords

you march out, after 3 days you reach the castle, although it's already under siege, the Rhodoks, out of honor allow you to pass, you see them, all infantry, with large board shields, some sort of mix between a pavise and a tower shield, short spears and heavy crossbows

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------
Troop Types:25 Swadian Militia [Militia] (Crossbow, varied melee, Kite shield) {25 at village}, 4 Swadian Men-At-Arms [Medium Cavalry] (Horseman's kiteshield, Spears, Chain Armor){5 at village},10 Swadian Footmen(Chain Hauberk,Mail Coif, Longsword, Heater Shield) {6 at village}

I nod in respect to the enemies' commanding officer. (Or the highest ranking one in the area) I try to estimate the enemies's numbers by tens. Once we get inside, I try to learn the layout of the castle. I order my men to wait by the gates. Meanwhile, I make my way to the lording figure's castle.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

at least 300

by the time all the lords get there the garrison is about 280 over 2 days

the castle is your general 4 walled stone castle with a keep in the midde, except it lies against the Khergit mountain range, so one of the walls is the mountain itself, and nestled on the sides of them on two sides of the castle are towers that are high up, thanks to the mountain

you enter the lords hall and find the lord, lord Delinard sits in his throne at a table, with a small feast laid out

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

"Guten Abend, Herr Delinard." I stand next to him. "I've arrived with half of my garrisoned force, 49 men strong. Ten footmen, four Men-At-Arms, and 25 militia. Where would you like me to position myself and my men?"

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

"Good. Get to the walls and hold them, we can expect the attack any day now, their siege towers should nearly be complete."

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

I salute (you know, the medieval way) then return to my men. "You four! Station your horses in the stable. Find us on the wall when you're done. The rest of you, get on the wall with the least allied forces stationed there."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.:
Condition:
--------

they move up to an eastern section, you see a singe siege tower on your side, nearly complete.

Showing 61-75 of 160