Forums → Art, Music, and Writing → Thanksgiving Armatar Contest
Greetings, minioerhmmm faithful citizens of ArmorGames!
The time has come to revive a proud, old tradition; that is, the seasonal/holiday armatar contests!
We'll be starting out with Thanksgiving - you can chip in with a thematically appropriate submission even if you don't celebrate it.
1) Must be appropriate Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3) Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you.
5) Must be Thanksgiving themed.
Note that we won't necessarily add all submissions... Make 'em look good, guys!
Also note that these will likely go up in batches preceding the actual holiday, and disappear from the armatar roster as we approach the winter theme.
We look forward to seeing your contributions!
- 185 Replies
THERE IS A GOD!
And now my apparant lack of art skills will be openly flaunted in my face by the more fortunate members of the community... But it's totally worth it.
I have only one question. The color palette needs to be those of official Armatars?
THERE IS A GOD!
Anyway, I'll try to draw some stuff for this. I have gimp, paint, and a mouse.
Awesome. Just.... Awesome. I think I might make one. Sure, ill do it instead of homework, but its worth it.
For some past inspiration, here are some of the classic Thanksgiving Armatars....
Haha, this honestly isnt my best work. The program I used was... difficult. Ah well, I tried. It could use some cleaning up....
Im ashamed. Sorry, photobucket is new to me.
Hey, I'd like to try this, so does anyone have any tips on what programs to use? Also, how do you scale the pictures down? Thanks!
Hazzah! Awesome! Great work to the AG team for all they've done lately
And as T_F asked...any tips on the program?
I used paintbrush because my stupid Mac has nothing else.
I have a much better one, but the Internet is out so I can't upload it. I'm posting from my phone right now. The other one took me half a class period and I uploaded it then. Yeah..... My school was open and it had Internet.
Needless to say I'm excited, and that one was bad. I'll see if I can make some new ones in my dim lit home.
The color palette needs to be those of official Armatars?
Nah, you can use any colours you want, as long as the end result looks good and is Thanksgiving themed.
Hey, I'd like to try this, so does anyone have any tips on what programs to use? Also, how do you scale the pictures down? Thanks!GIMP is the best free option I know of. As for scaling down, it's usually an option under the menu item "image" in such programs.
You should also start off with a square canvas.
Sorry if those tips are poor, I have all of a headache atm. What is thinking? @_@
GIMP is the best free option I know of.
I'm using that right now, actually.
Here's something I made for a warm-up:
It took a whole 2 minutes! xD
I'll be back with something much, much better.
Finally, armatars contests return.
I'll definitely try to fit something, in.
Are hand drawn ones okay or must it be done on computer?
Blergh. It's a globe, made using some kick-*** filters and vector stuff.
Hey Zoph, would this be deemed, er, acceptable?
Thread is locked!