ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThanksgiving Armatar Contest

185 59694
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Greetings, minioerhmmm faithful citizens of ArmorGames!

The time has come to revive a proud, old tradition; that is, the seasonal/holiday armatar contests!

We'll be starting out with Thanksgiving - you can chip in with a thematically appropriate submission even if you don't celebrate it.

GUIDELINES:
1) Must be appropriate Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3) Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.

4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you.
5) Must be Thanksgiving themed.

Note that we won't necessarily add all submissions... Make 'em look good, guys!

Also note that these will likely go up in batches preceding the actual holiday, and disappear from the armatar roster as we approach the winter theme.

We look forward to seeing your contributions!

• 185 Replies
pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

what about mine why are they not there

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Ah, didn't see that thread. Well, I'm glad there's still a chance then. I almost gave up entirely on my artistic abilities...

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Woah, not one but TWO of mine made it? *squeals with delight*
Yeah, I changed my armatar. I felt obligated.
Yay!

Coyote421
Coyote421
27 posts
Nomad

*happeh!* that mine made it but I really like this carnivorous canine one way too much to switch

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Well, I'm glad there's still a chance then. I almost gave up entirely on my artistic abilities...

I'm quite positive yours will make the cut...they were downright amazing
70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

ah sooo all the new Armatar are about Tks Giving Day huh? XD
I didnt know coz in Vietnam dun have that festival lah XD

Btw, I also wanna join the competition, but dunno how to upload the pics into the forum like u guys? Can u tell me plz? :-P

And about the idea of mah pic, I drew some Zombie Turkey by Paint lah XD

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

If you have it saved to your pictures in paint, go to an image hosting site, such as tinypic or imageshack and upload your picture there.
When you get the link for the image, you can copy and paste that and click the blue 'image' above the typing box and insert the link.

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

FYI, I alr tried upload the pics to website Photobucket but when I post the pic, it appears in AG as a blank pic with the text "this pic was removed or deleted" :-P
so do u know any way else?

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Have you tried imageshack or tinypic?
Otherwise, I don't know any other way, and I'm not even sure if there is another way.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

More have been posted.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Ah cool. My plate made it. xD

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Oh, my three submissions got accepted. Honestly, I wasn't expecting that at all. I'm happy

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Sweet more are up.

Also; is there any difference between the ones for 1 AP and 5 AP?
Are the 5 AP considered better or is it just a generalization?

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

oh ok here ya go, the Zombie Turkey said: "Happy tks giving day! XD" to everyone XD

and 1 more pic for AG symbol Turkey ver XD

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

oh man, dunno y this code didnt work, I often use this kind of code to put pics into bio, but guess it dun work for forum post.....
so can any1 tell me the correct code that use used to post ur pics into the forum?

Showing 136-150 of 185