ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThanksgiving Armatar Contest

185 59585
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Greetings, minioerhmmm faithful citizens of ArmorGames!

The time has come to revive a proud, old tradition; that is, the seasonal/holiday armatar contests!

We'll be starting out with Thanksgiving - you can chip in with a thematically appropriate submission even if you don't celebrate it.

GUIDELINES:
1) Must be appropriate Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3) Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.

4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you.
5) Must be Thanksgiving themed.

Note that we won't necessarily add all submissions... Make 'em look good, guys!

Also note that these will likely go up in batches preceding the actual holiday, and disappear from the armatar roster as we approach the winter theme.

We look forward to seeing your contributions!

• 185 Replies
tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

i'm thinking about making one on paint, anyone got any ideas on what I should made it?I was thinking I could make a orange-yellowish leaf to show the changing of the seasons.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

^Go for it, man.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Did you intentionally make it Mickey Mouse shaped?

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@jeol

Is that kinda supposed to be the back of a turkey?? No offense if i'm wrong :P

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I think it's a turkey standing on a rabbit's head.

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Hopefully this pic works, I havn't uploaded something on here for a year or more. This is my first picture sooo...It's not too good, and I didn't know how to do a background on the leaf

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/tegan190/Armor%20games%20Pics/MapleLeaf-1.jpg Okay, hope this works

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Okay, hope this works

I like the simplicity to it, but since there is now shadow or color difference it makes it look extremely flat..

Just my critique.. Hope it helps you out. (Then again maybe it won't and you'll just leave it like that and I'm just being an a**.. xD)
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I like the simplicity to it, but since there is now shadow or color difference it makes it look extremely flat..

Just my critique.. Hope it helps you out. (Then again maybe it won't and you'll just leave it like that and I'm just being an a**.. xD)

And a nice colored background would be good too.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

And a nice colored background would be good too.

Ehhh it would be nice but it isn't as necessary as the shadows and stuff. Basically it just has to be.. Not flat.. that way it looks better.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Btw, if I get enough free time (if no stupid homework or papers that I have to turn in are due) I might try and get into this.. I remember I used to participate these only one of them got through though, it was in spring too I think.

Anyways I might be getting back into this whole thing and sharing my art again :P

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@tegan190

Wow that's really good Espicially if you made it in paint lol ^_^

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

@tegan190

Wow that's really good Espicially if you made it in paint lol ^_^

Thanks man! It's my first one, but what other program besides paint could I use to make one, I need a more advanced program.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You could try GIMP. It's similar to Photoshop and very easy to use.

Coyote421
Coyote421
27 posts
Nomad

http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img43/7093/feathersarmatars.png

Do you see it?

GIMP is awesome.

Showing 106-120 of 185