102 posts
Nomad

just a general discussion about this game

• 12 Replies
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

I would like to get this game, but I have red ring so, and I'm going to watch gameplay before I buy it.

Daffy15
Daffy15
3 posts
Peasant

Awesome game but too short.. Assasins Creed series are great ! Everythings awesome , Story , gameplay and all that parkour just love it

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Haven't got it yet, but, I personally don't like any of the AC games.
I'll only buy it if someone tells me that's it great and much better than previous ones.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

bought 2 long games yesterday (mass effect 2 and blue dragon)

i saw the game standing there watching me in the hope i buy him.
but last 2 AC games were very short (especialy revelations)
so i figure it's not worth the money. i'm going to wait till the price drops or maybe 2nd hand. but i'm busy whit the above 2 for a while tho ^^

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I still have to wait a month because of Ubisoft's late AC releases for PC.
And either sad part is that every YT'er I'm subscribed to a LP or Walktrough does of it and I won't watch it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

And either sad part is that every YT'er I'm subscribed to a LP or Walktrough does of it and I won't watch it.

Yeah, I've been seeing so many walkthroughs for AC3 in my sub box, have to ignore them because I actually want to play this for myself.

As for the game itself, I'll be getting it this month or by Christmas. I currently have no money so I'm gonna have to either do some work for it or just request it for Xmas.
dr_doughnut
dr_doughnut
72 posts
Nomad

It looks beast.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I saw gameplay. The scenes make it look like a movie. I will probably get it once the price drops or something.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

They've added some new cool tools, like the rope dart. But they've dumbed down the controls a bit. So now you can't grab people, and you can't headbutt/knee/punch either. So now I can't throw soldiers off cliffs, or beat up helpless civilians like in the previous installments.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

First off, I wouldn't fault anyone for creating a new AC3 thread that had a more engaging opening post. Just saying. >.>

They've added some new cool tools, like the rope dart. But they've dumbed down the controls a bit. So now you can't grab people, and you can't headbutt/knee/punch either. So now I can't throw soldiers off cliffs, or beat up helpless civilians like in the previous installments.

You can grab people, but only after a counter. Whatever button you use to counter with, hit it again to grab them. I'm not sure if you can hold onto them or if you automatically throw them right away though. I discovered how to grab late in the game.

The multiplayer is a blast. One issue I had with Brotherhood and Revelations is the fact that a giant "B" appears over your head when you approach people you're about to assassinate. This is no longer a problem. Now, an "X" appears over EVERYONE'S heads, both civilians and players, meaning people can't distinguish you from everyone else as easily. SO MUCH BETTER.

I thought wolfpack was going to suck after watching the trailers. It's sooooo much fun. You just need a group of people who communicate well.

Seriously, if anyone wants to play AC3 multiplayer on xbox, just hit me up. My friends list is full, so send me a message. If you're awesome, I'll clear room and send a friend invite.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Definitely going to get this game. Anyone know if you can switch the bow hand? Connor looks a bit odd if he wields a tomahawk in his right hand but does the same with the bow...when righties hold the bow with their left hand. Coming from an archer, it's really annoying to see my opposite shooting style.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Definitely going to get this game. Anyone know if you can switch the bow hand? Connor looks a bit odd if he wields a tomahawk in his right hand but does the same with the bow...when righties hold the bow with their left hand. Coming from an archer, it's really annoying to see my opposite shooting style.

He's ambidextrous apparently.
Showing 1-12 of 12