ForumsWEPRWait, why am I arguing you again?

10 4348
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

So the other day I was arguing with an acquaintance of mine over an issue relating to LGBT rights. The things is, we were weren't arguing over gay marriage or anything like that; we were arguing over how incorrect an image she posted was.

The image was a pro-Obama image wherein text stated that Obama would legalize gay marriage. He can't promise that right, because that matter is decided at a state level and was obviously created by Obama's campaign to give him a better name and win the vote of LGBT voters.

Even still, I still had no issue with the image. I quietly left a short comment saying that Obama couldn't promise it, it was biased garbage, and etc. and etc. The acquaintance came back a few hours later, with literally pages and pages full of nonsensical, biased slurs to try to damage my reputation and "win" the argument by going off-topic, stating "What-Ifs," and creating information about Romney with no sources to back herself up whenever I started defeating her.

All that, and I hadn't ever questioned anything but the correctness of the image, nor did I ever use religion to argue, supported Romney in the argument, or question her sexuality and opinions.

Man, people are dumb. For laugh's sake, I might even post the argument later.

Ever have something like this happen?

• 10 Replies
Showing 16-15 of 10