Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

How old do you think the universe is?

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 6:49pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 6:07pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,537 posts

One thing about this, time as we know it wouldn't have existed "before" the Big Bang.

We know that. But God did as he created the Big Bang. Also to answer the "Who created God?" question, the Universe probably created God so God Created the universe so the universe could create God so God could create the universe... And this goes on forever. It's Simple relatively.

Anyway back on Topic The universe has existed since shortly after the beginning of Time. Also since people want to discuss How the Universe was created here is how:

God created one Universe. Then As it expanded (like a bubble) a little bit separated into another Bubble. And the bubbles multiplied and multiplied and Multiplied and one of those was our Universe, This entire Theory is the Multiverse Theory. When two bubbles or universes collide 2 things can happen. One, They Form into a much larger Universe, or Two, They Pop. This will eventually be how THIS Human race becomes extinct. Although there are many others considering the fact that there are Parallel Universes. Every time you make a choice One or more other universes are created thus so that every possibility is a universe.

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 6:12pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

And this goes on forever. It's Simple relatively.

That's not what we call relativity.

The universe has existed since shortly after the beginning of Time.

As time relies on there being space, "Time" as we know it would come into existence at the same instant.

God created one Universe.

Proof please. Bible is not proof as this is where you are getting your claim from.

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 7:26pm

wontgetmycatnip

wontgetmycatnip

95 posts

Also to answer the "Who created God?" question, the Universe probably created God so God Created the universe so the universe could create God so God could create the universe... And this goes on forever. It's Simple relatively.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-b5PgijqjWhA/Tox2fGjWpsI/AAAAAAAABo0/_TzQHdfELgA/s1600/circular-reasoning1.jpg
God Created the universe

Which god? Whose version? How did god create the universe? What did god create the universe from? How do you define god? How do you define universe? How would you practically demonstrate that claim?

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 7:30pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

Also to answer the "Who created God?" question, the Universe probably created God so God Created the universe so the universe could create God so God could create the universe... And this goes on forever. It's Simple relatively.

That is what's called a paradox, not relativity.

God created one Universe. Then As it expanded (like a bubble) a little bit separated into another Bubble. And the bubbles multiplied and multiplied and Multiplied and one of those was our Universe, This entire Theory is the Multiverse Theory.

This is what we call mutilating a hypothesis or the beginnings of possibly good fiction.

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 8:18pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,537 posts

That's not what we call relativity.

I said RelativeLY not Relativity.

That is what's called a paradox, not relativity.

That's another way to say it. Look above. RelativeLY Learn to read.

This is what we call mutilating a hypothesis or the beginnings of possibly good fiction.

No it's called slightly changing the Mulitiverse Theory to fit you religion.

Proof please. Bible is not proof as this is where you are getting your claim from

I am not. This is a THEORY not the obvious reason that has concrete Proof. I based my Theory on what I think probably happened. So I'm not saying I have proof. And don't say "Herp de derp Ya need proof for a theory" It's called reasoning.

As time relies on there being space, "Time" as we know it would come into existence at the same instant.

Fair enough. Thanks for the timeline fix there.

Which god? Whose version? How did god create the universe? What did god create the universe from? How do you define god? How do you define universe? How would you practically demonstrate that claim?

*Takes in deep breath* 1. God, he has no name, The Father of Jesus Christ. (That God) 2. Christianity's version. 3. How the he** should I know? I wasn't there. All I know is he created it. 4. If you want to ask this let me first ask you What was the Big Bang created from if there was nothing? 5. n. A supreme being whose race is unknown and the Father of Jesus Christ. 6. n. The ever expanding Spherical bubble-like area which there are many of. 7. Explain what you mean by this.

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 8:28pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

Probably around thirty years old. Yeah, that seems about right.

God Created the universe

Proof?

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 8:30pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,537 posts

Proof?

Don't ask me for Proof when you don't have any to back up your Theory/belief.

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 8:41pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

I said RelativeLY not Relativity.

The capital S on simple threw me off along with the lack of a comma. Don't blame us for misunderstanding when you don't use correct grammar. Capital letters denote proper nouns or terms and without a comma we assumed you meant the term Relativity.

I based my Theory on what I think probably happened.

You don't have a Theory if you just made that up by assimilating random parts of various things, you have a jumbled piece of fiction.

It's called reasoning.

Faulty reasoning. You're pulling in random, unrelated things that you think and smashing them together in a nonsensical mess.

God, he has no name,

God -is- God's name, when referring to the Christian god. Yahweh is the name for the Hebrew god and Allah is the name for the Islamic god. A lower case god is the noun for any sort of deity in the English language.

How the he** should I know? I wasn't there. All I know is he created it.

Do you really not see the logical failings in this statement?

"How the hell should I know, I wasn't there."
"All I know is he created it"

You're asserting the opposite, that you know, directly after saying that you have no way of knowing.

We do though.

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 8:52pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

That's another way to say it. Look above. RelativeLY Learn to read.

I accept I misread the word, though it still an inaccurate used.

No it's called slightly changing the Mulitiverse Theory to fit you religion.

The multiverse is not a theory, it's a hypothesis. There are however theories suggesting such an existence. Unless you're willing to support what you tacked on with evidence your just mutilating it or writing fiction.

Theories by their nature are supported by evidence, if they were not they wouldn't be theories. Which one would you like evidence for? As for belief haven't posited one as you have.
Since you are making a claim support that claim or drop it. This trying to sidestep this requirement isn't going to fly.

Reply to How old do you think the universe is?

You must be logged in to post a reply!