Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

College Sports

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 10:18pm

daleks

daleks

3,704 posts

They are NFL threads and basketball threads. The forum needs some college football action.

There are many good teams right now. Which team do you think is the best? What teams do you believe will make it to the Championship? Are there any teams that are overrated(hint ND)?

The questions are endless and so is talking about it. So talk away.

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 10:32pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

379 posts

I'm going to say Laval and McMaster will probably go to the championships. They're both doing quite impeccable actually. Don't you agree?

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 10:34pm

daleks

daleks

3,704 posts

Ummm... I am talking about American football. Sorry about that man.

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 10:49pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

6,891 posts

ND sucks, as shown by their saueaking by Pitt in triple OT. They'll lose, and good riddance I say.

The SEC East fans piss me off. Especially Carolina fans who are butt hurt that Clemson has a better record than them. Theres a reason why people make 'Least in the East' jokes, and its because Alabama and LSU are why the SEC has national relevance. Carolina, Georgia, and Florida can't deal with being a top ranked team, and are only in the spotlight because they'll have to face off against he West in the SEC Championship.

Clemson is going all the way. The Citadel is too.

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 10:53pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

I was disappointed at how bad my Hawkeyes did this year. Usually they kick a considerable amount of ***, and everyone expected them to be much, much better this year after they revved up their training program. Guess not. =/

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 11:04pm

daleks

daleks

3,704 posts

@Mav
I wouldn't say that ND sucks, just overrated. They should be around 9.
Never insult Florida in front of me. NEVER! LSU lost to Florida cause LSU is not that great this year. Florida is OK but there offense is not good. Georgia. Meh. Got burned by South Carolina but have played good enough in the rest of the games. Alabama=best team in college football. GAAA that hurts to say. Kansas Stae though is really good same with the Ducks.

@Sal
My sis goes to IU. I had to cheer for them. And IU won.

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 11:10pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

@Sal
My sis goes to IU. I had to cheer for them. And IU won.

Like I said, usually they kick a considerable amount of ***. For some reason they have had trouble serving their opponents as easily.

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 11:15pm

vinster132

vinster132

6,093 posts

I am a fan of Oregon. From their unique uniforms and whenever you see them play it is always exciting. Also it looks like Bama is going to lose .

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 11:25pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

6,891 posts

ND has no offense; their defense bails them out every time. Top 15 may be, but not top 10. Speaking of which, my own top ten:

1) Alabama
2) Oregon
3) Kansas State
4) LSU
5) Florida State
6) Georgia
7) Clemson
8) Oregon State
9) Louisville
10) Oklahoma

Florida dropped itbad to Georgia. How do you lose to a team that loses more yards in penalties than it got in total offense until the fourth quarter? Florida wins on flukes and screwups of other teams. Laggy offense gets savd by a good defense. And ranking has a lot to do withthey're being no really good teams anywhere else.

But yeah, Kansas State and Oregon are great. Oregon has a better D, but Kansas State has a stronger scheduel. But you can't have a T2...

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 11:25pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

379 posts

Ummm... I am talking about American football. Sorry about that man

Whoa, such prejudice (joking)!!!

I thought so, only said that because Americans are usually to presumptuous that when referring to sports they don't need to state the nationality and that it is implied that you were talking about an American sport.

Reply to College Sports

You must be logged in to post a reply!