ForumsThe TavernCollege Sports

80 13477
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

They are NFL threads and basketball threads. The forum needs some college football action.

There are many good teams right now. Which team do you think is the best? What teams do you believe will make it to the Championship? Are there any teams that are overrated(hint ND)?

The questions are endless and so is talking about it. So talk away.

• 80 Replies
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

I'm going to say Laval and McMaster will probably go to the championships. They're both doing quite impeccable actually. Don't you agree?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Ummm... I am talking about American football. Sorry about that man.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

ND sucks, as shown by their saueaking by Pitt in triple OT. They'll lose, and good riddance I say.

The SEC East fans piss me off. Especially Carolina fans who are butt hurt that Clemson has a better record than them. Theres a reason why people make 'Least in the East' jokes, and its because Alabama and LSU are why the SEC has national relevance. Carolina, Georgia, and Florida can't deal with being a top ranked team, and are only in the spotlight because they'll have to face off against he West in the SEC Championship.

Clemson is going all the way. The Citadel is too.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I was disappointed at how bad my Hawkeyes did this year. Usually they kick a considerable amount of ***, and everyone expected them to be much, much better this year after they revved up their training program. Guess not. =/

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

@Mav
I wouldn't say that ND sucks, just overrated. They should be around 9.
Never insult Florida in front of me. NEVER! LSU lost to Florida cause LSU is not that great this year. Florida is OK but there offense is not good. Georgia. Meh. Got burned by South Carolina but have played good enough in the rest of the games. Alabama=best team in college football. GAAA that hurts to say. Kansas Stae though is really good same with the Ducks.

@Sal
My sis goes to IU. I had to cheer for them. And IU won.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

@Sal
My sis goes to IU. I had to cheer for them. And IU won.

Like I said, usually they kick a considerable amount of ***. For some reason they have had trouble serving their opponents as easily.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I am a fan of Oregon. From their unique uniforms and whenever you see them play it is always exciting. Also it looks like Bama is going to lose .

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

ND has no offense; their defense bails them out every time. Top 15 may be, but not top 10. Speaking of which, my own top ten:

1) Alabama
2) Oregon
3) Kansas State
4) LSU
5) Florida State
6) Georgia
7) Clemson
8) Oregon State
9) Louisville
10) Oklahoma

Florida dropped itbad to Georgia. How do you lose to a team that loses more yards in penalties than it got in total offense until the fourth quarter? Florida wins on flukes and screwups of other teams. Laggy offense gets savd by a good defense. And ranking has a lot to do withthey're being no really good teams anywhere else.

But yeah, Kansas State and Oregon are great. Oregon has a better D, but Kansas State has a stronger scheduel. But you can't have a T2...

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Ummm... I am talking about American football. Sorry about that man

Whoa, such prejudice (joking)!!!

I thought so, only said that because Americans are usually to presumptuous that when referring to sports they don't need to state the nationality and that it is implied that you were talking about an American sport.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Alabama withthe comeback, better game than last year. Missed Oregon-USC, but the score seems to imply the defenses never took the field.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Kentucky! GO BIG BLUE!

Anyone?

http://www.nocturnar.com/forum/attachments/humor/59677d1349702842-ok-meme-face_okay.jpg

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Ohio State could win a national championship if not for the sanctions. They could easily be ranked top 3 in the BCS standings if people even looked at them. Braxton Miller should win the Heisman ahead of Klein if Kansas State loses, honestly Manti Teo has no shot. Go Bucks!

Alabama is definitely the best team, although they did show some weakness against LSU. Number two K-State, three Ohio state, four Oregon, Notre Dame is at around 7. I can't believe how biased the game-callers were in the Notre Dame Pitt game.

LSU lost to Florida cause LSU is not that great this year.

LSU is one of the two SEC powerhouses along with Alabama, Florida has done well with the team they have but match them against an opponent like K-State, OSU, Oregon, even Notre Dame and they will lose. They got extremely lucky against LSU.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

1) Alabama
2) Oregon
3) Kansas State
4) LSU
5) Florida State
6) Georgia
7) Clemson
8) Oregon State
9) Louisville
10) Oklahoma

That is cute, having a team that has lost two games in the Top 4. Hmmm... I am too lazy to make a list. I would have K-State and Oregon tied for 2nd. I honestly don't know who would win that game.
Ohio State could win a national championship if not for the sanctions.

You mean that one man team that almost lost to Purdue and IU. O you people make me laugh. OSU is a 1 man team.
LSU is one of the two SEC powerhouses along with Alabama. They got extremely lucky against LSU.

I am comparing LSU to the LSU of last year. Comparing the two LSU sucks balls this year. They could have easily won against Alabama(who made mistakes) but with dropped passes and missed field goals they lost. LSU is still a good team compared to most, but bad compared to last year. Florida didn't get lucky, they played well against LSU.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

That is cute, having a team that has lost two games in the Top 4. Hmmm... I am too lazy to make a list. I would have K-State and Oregon tied for 2nd. I honestly don't know who would win that game.

You should note this is pre-LSU loss to Alabama.

1) Alabama
2) Oregon
3) Kansas State
4) Florida State
5) Clemson
6) Georgia
7) Oregon State
8) Louisville
9) Oklahoma
10) LSU

Florida didn't get lucky, they played well against LSU.

Florida got lucky in that LSU got unlucky. Remember LSU's great fumble recovery in the red zone? Two sacks of Driskel by the same player twice in a row? Its rather shocking that Florida won that game.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

You mean that one man team that almost lost to Purdue and IU. O you people make me laugh. OSU is a 1 man team.

Purdue: Braxton Miller got injured third quarter.

IU: If you'd seen the actual game Indiana was nowhere close to actually winning it.

K-State is just as much as a one-man team as OSU is.
Showing 1-15 of 80