ForumsThe TavernCollege Sports

80 13474
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

They are NFL threads and basketball threads. The forum needs some college football action.

There are many good teams right now. Which team do you think is the best? What teams do you believe will make it to the Championship? Are there any teams that are overrated(hint ND)?

The questions are endless and so is talking about it. So talk away.

• 80 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Purdue: Braxton Miller got injured third quarter.

Exactly, and Purdue should have won that game. And Purdue SUCKS!
IU: If you'd seen the actual game Indiana was nowhere close to actually winning it.

If you think OSU is a Top 10 team then IU should have been killed.
4) Florida State

Haven't heard much of them since they lost to NC State. LOL, lost to NC State.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Haven't heard much of them since they lost to NC State. LOL, lost to NC State.

Did you just block out the first three weeks of the season? Outs scored opponents by 18something to 7. Kelt up with Clemson's offense, with help from the defense and overcame a ten point deficit. it was college gameday bro .When they're hot, they're unstoppable.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

dang LSU lost to alabama
pist

anyways my teams are
1. MSU
2. Oregon
3. LSU
4. Notre Dame

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Notre Dame totally underestimated Pittsburgh. I thought they won it. But they couldn't finish. No offense from the ND. The QB's are inconsistent. They have a fairly easy schedule ahead of them. Except for USC. I don't know, but I have a feeling USC will pull off the upset against ND.

I like how nobody has talked about Louisville. They do have a very easy schedule. Teddy Bridgewater has been great throwing the ball and he has the ability to extend plays with his legs as well. The Cardinals have Rutgers up at the end of the month. A Thursday game so maybe they can prove themselves on that day.

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

The Utah Utes are my favorite team, but they have a losing record this year. I really like the Ducks. When they get rolling, they are amazing. Plus ducks are awesome.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Utes have a good defense. Most of their problems are on offense.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Except for USC. I don't know, but I have a feeling USC will pull off the upset against ND.

They have a good chance of knocking off ND. I don't feel too good about USC though seeing how they lost to Arizona. That game was sloppy on both sides.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Most of their problems are on offense.

Like the Bears. I know they're pro, but they could be a lot better if they could throw a ball instead of knocking it out of the air.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

They have a good chance of knocking off ND.

Yeah, I believe they also have the home crowd so maybe that can somewhat be the advantage.
I don't feel too good about USC though seeing how they lost to Arizona. That game was sloppy on both sides.

USC contested Oregon a little. But obviously ORegon has way too much offensive power.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

I think Alabama is the heart and soul of Alabama. (lol)
They are hoping that the Saints and Hornets will do the imposibly and bring hope for them.

But its not just Alabama its LSU and all these other colleges in that area for Their state.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

USC contested Oregon a little. But obviously ORegon has way too much offensive power.

To be honest I haven't seen many of the Oregon games. They are on too late for me to watch them.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Born and raised Bama fan here. I believe Bama will get it done in the SEC this year and make it to the NC. I don't like the prospect of playing Oregon, but if it is anyone else I believe Bama would win no problem.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

First off, you might have noticed that the name of this thread has changed! I asked DayCee to change it because college basketball season has started too.

In the college basketball world, Florida State lost to South Alabama! I don't think anyone would have predicted that at all. IU(who is #1) won, no durr, but showed that they are a pretty deep team.

Then we have college football today. Cannot wait for some of the games.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Sorry Bronze, but I REALLY hope Bama loses against A&M.

Although to be honest Bama's defense could in my opinion easily stop Oregon's high-powered offense.

To be honest I haven't seen many of the Oregon games.

Yeah same lol, darn that Pac-12 conference with its time zone 3 hours behind!

If USC beat Notre Dame it wouldn't be an upset.

About hoops, the OSU game got canceled I can't believe it...
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

About hoops, the OSU game got canceled I can't believe it...

It was sad yes, but it would have been worse if they had played and gotten hurt. That would have been really sad.
Showing 16-30 of 80