Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

College Sports

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 11:33am

daleks

daleks

3,234 posts

Anyone wanna guess the greatest rivalry in sports?

Air Force, Navy, and Army playing each other.

The answer you are looking for is OSU and Michigan.

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 12:17pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

Rivalry? Carolina - Clemson, ND - Boston College, USC - UCLA, Army - Navy, and OSU - That Team Up North are that big ones in my opinion.

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 12:41pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

Alabama-Auburn easy. Almost everyone in the state of Alabama is a fan of either. You have to deal with it everyday of the year: in the home, at work, with friends and family, etc.

Posted Nov 21, '12 at 1:52pm

superbobdabest

superbobdabest

298 posts

I CANNOT BELIVE NOTRE DAME IS #1

NOTRE DAME
NOTRE DAME

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 7:25pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,497 posts

ND will likely win since the Trojans don't have Matt Barkley on Saturday or that's what I heard.

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 8:15pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,588 posts

I would say top three rivalries are third Duke and UNC (basketball), second Bama vs Auburn, and yes, first OSU vs that team up north.

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 8:54pm

daleks

daleks

3,234 posts

Alabama-Auburn easy. Almost everyone in the state of Alabama is a fan of either. You have to deal with it everyday of the year: in the home, at work, with friends and family, etc.

But this year it will be soooooo boring. Auburn sucks.

ND will likely win since the Trojans don't have Matt Barkley on Saturday or that's what I heard.

Yes, some red shirt freshman is playing. I hope that he plays well.

Posted Nov 22, '12 at 9:05pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

But this year it will be soooooo boring. Auburn sucks.

The barners do suck, which makes me silly with glee, but one bad year doesn't make a rivalry irrelevant. When's the last time Michigan could compete with OSU? When they were both ranked 1 and 2 right?

Posted Nov 23, '12 at 7:35am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,588 posts

Feel the rivalry!

And the best part is that it's all true.

When's the last time Michigan could compete with OSU? When they were both ranked 1 and 2 right?

Michigan won last year, but Ohio State had to cope without Pryor and had Luke Fickell as  head coach.

The thing about the Iron Bowl is that almost every year, one of the teams is having a terrible season and one is having a great season. The team having a great season almost always wins.

Nothing can top the days of Woody and Bo.

Posted Nov 23, '12 at 11:24am

vinster132

vinster132

5,497 posts

Yes, some red shirt freshman is playing. I hope that he plays well.

Oh well good luck of them trying to get past the ND defense. Unless he's really that good then they might win. Since ND's offense isn't that good anyways.

Reply to College Sports

You must be logged in to post a reply!