ForumsSupport ForumAccount Rating

5 2339
sintrum
sintrum
230 posts
Nomad

Just like game rating,instead its with a account..
Just like in blogs

• 5 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I don't really see the point, as it's just another way for people to get competative about, if you know what I mean. Why would someone want to be rated anyways? It'd just really show how much someone is isolated from the community for some, while others it shows that not a lot of people like them, which isn't a very nice thing to see when you log on lol. Some it may work out great, yay, I'm rated 10 by 50000 people, woooo. Okay? >.o
Anywayz, it doesn't make sense much to me, bu it may just be one of those things everyone else likes lol. However I must say that if this idea was ever put into effect, I'd seriously disagree with making users able to vote more than once, for more than obvious reasons, and there should be no armour points given for rating as it literally has nothing to do with anything other than show you love/hate someone's profile, and online personality. =o

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

So it is more like a personality contest. I see that as being bad because there will be competition, fights and anger just like Raptor stated. Just really not needed to this site.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

I think like Raptor and Estel said, it is going to get to personal and competitive. And it will be an easy way to get points. So, I think that the accounts should stay the same until Dan improves them.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

well that would be nice, same goes with , AP competition, "bragging " sumtimes, but it would show whos better to talk to or sumthing

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I think I'd go for a different kind of 'account rating'. It'd be more like a credibility rating.

Basically it'd be like a logarithmic scale that calculates the ratio of your input to AG to the amount that is deleted or locked by the moderators/administrators, meaning that it is in some way unnecessary or has been marked as spam. I say logarithmic because I believe there are profiles of people who tend to spam and those who don't, and while most people would have a comment deleted now and then not for any fault of their own, there are those that persistently do this, and so the difference will be made clearer.

This is the closest I can think of right now to ensuring that if anybody's gonna get competitive about a rating, that it be based on some kind of meritocracy.

Something of the effect happens in Newgrounds, actually. You also get points for correctly scoring a piece which makes for a collective quality control, and also for spotting things which the admins decide are abusive/illegal etc. The better you are at this, the more power you get, so those power-hungry people had better be role models!

If we can't change the behaviors of people, we can at least modulate it for the benefit of all.

Showing 1-5 of 5