ForumsThe TavernArmatar awkward moments

154 30451
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Do any of you guys/girls feel like "oh that person has that armatar so if I choose it people will think I'm a copier."

I had a perfect example of this, when I went to visit Jeff1999 I saw a comment on his profile with Minotaur55 asking him why he was using his "armatar"

And Mino, I have no offence to you because I have never met you so please don't hate me. Jeff might see you as a role model or good friend, but just because he put the Minotaur armatar shouldn't give you the right to ask him why he put that armatar. He may like that armatar also.

• 154 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

You're one to talk, you have Daleks armatar. xd

I think it because people like to identify those with unique armatars by those armatars, and don't like it when they find someone else with that armatar.

~~~Darth Caedus

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

You're one to talk, you have Daleks armatar.

See what I mean? Just because he has been on AG longer than I have really? I have been wanting to have this armatar for a while now. If I were to have the long neck one would you say I have plokkey's?
Or when I unlock the 10,000 AP armatars and I want the otter, will you say I have Carlie's armatar?
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Just because he has been on AG longer than I have

Take that back..... I have been on 12 days more >
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

If I were to have the long neck one would you say I have plokkey's?

The howling coyote? I've seen a few people wear that. I don't think it's associated with just one person.
zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

lolol
That's just spam, mister.

Also, it's quite stupid of Mino to say that, anyone can use what armatar he wants, it's not copyrighted to just Minotaur55. Just as only Google could use the king armatar, only nichodemus could use the gold knight-thingy and so on. (No offense to anyone, of course. )
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

There are only so many armatars on this site. Therefore you will always have people overlapping armatars. I can see why you get used to a person having an armatar, such as mine, but get over it. People can change to whatever armatar they want.

Also from the conversation Mino was having he was joking around. Don't take everyone so seriously.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Well, personally I know pretty much half of the active users by what armatar they have. It is so much easier than having to look at "xxBondiuzoxiuggdsoi" every time.

I'm going to be honest but I thought you were daleks until Jacen said you weren't. I'm just not used to more than one person having that armatar.

As to why anyone could be offended, I can understand. You feel like you own your armatar until you realise about half the community is using it.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm going to be honest but I thought you were daleks until Jacen said you weren't.

I thought he was for a while too -_-

I've begun to associate armatars with certain people...so people taking theirs or them changing to a new armatar can confuse me a bit

-MrDayCee & Kasic - sun armatar
-MageGray - Black smiling one
-nich - golden armored one
-SSTG and Graham - Guy reading scroll
-EmperorPalpatine - the one that resembles that Star Wars villain the most
-Zophia - Praying Mantis
-Devoidless - bearded dude
-Skeleton_Pilot - Skeleton
-daleks - whatever that dinosaur is
-Jacen - headless horseman
-HahiHa - child (I think?) sitting in street with fog
-Ernie - that smiling thing...you know which one I'm talking about
-Mino - the minotaur
-AceofSky - Eagle
-Ferret - squirrel
-Salvidian - small skinny arm
-pickpocket - grim reaper
-pangtongshu - this dog thing..everyone else using it just has poorly imitated copies

Just a few
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

-HahiHa - child (I think?) sitting in street with fog

I think it's Death in a foggy night with a red moon. Funny however that you associate me with this one more than the red orc. Had that one until the Halloween armatars came out.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

-MageGray - Black smiling one

Lets not get racist pang.

I dunno. The armatars are cool. Pretty soon you adopt them. Like daleks for example. Once he got the dino, he used it. I remember him with other ones. It was weird for a little, but now it's his thing. Same goes for Ernie. Believe it or not, he wasn't born with it on. As for me, I like the rather not-so-popular ones. Before this, I had the blue ghost. I made it mine. Everyone recognized me with it. Now I have the reaper, and people have come to recognize me with that. Remember when the Halloween armatars came out? It was crazy. Everyone left their old armatars and changed to a scary one. I saw many complaints about not recognizing people. A few weeks go by and BAM, we all know each others new face. We catch on quickly.
The only person who everyone knows here and who doesn't follow this "system" is GhostofMatrix, our friendly neighborhood armatar swapper.
It really isn't that big of a deal. I still try and pick some of the less common ones and make them my own.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Eh, to be honest.
I don't really relate people with their armatars since most of them are generally common, the only people I can recognize by their armatars are - all the mods and Ernie.

Every other armatar I see being used excessively.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Every other armatar I see being used excessively.

I've never seen anyone else with this one. Dudeguy's is pretty rare too; why wasn't he mentioned?
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I never really had an awkward moment with armatars. For a while after I picked the one I got, some people claimed I copied it from John, but I didn't get bothered with that for long.

Anyone who has the fox armatar probably got it from me. I've had it quite a while longer then other users.

I'll never forgive the users who changed their armatars over Halloween. I always associate users with their armatar, and when they were all changed overnight, I got a little frustrated because I couldn't identify others as easily, but I'm used to it now.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I had a perfect example of this, when I went to visit Jeff1999 I saw a comment on his profile with Minotaur55 asking him why he was using his "armatar"

And Mino, I have no offence to you because I have never met you so please don't hate me. Jeff might see you as a role model or good friend, but just because he put the Minotaur armatar shouldn't give you the right to ask him why he put that armatar. He may like that armatar also.

This is the first time a person has talked or even mentioned me in a forum post. Pretty cool. Ah don't worry about it man I don't hate you. Hmm.... good friend? I never thought of it that way. Well...... maybe I was over reacting a little.... when I waged war on Jeff1999.. lol. Yes I do have to say this is the most awkward armater moment for me. I thought it was just me and goumas's thing. Well.... I guess now its myself, goumas's, and Jeff1999's thing now. Still is awkward people and it ain't gonna change!
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I have never ever seen my armatar being used by any other user.. Ever.

You'd think that now I've said that a ton of people are going to start using my armatar, but the joke's on you 'cause It's a girly one!

Showing 1-15 of 154