Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Armatar awkward moments

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 12:34pm

MachineofLight

MachineofLight

280 posts

Do any of you guys/girls feel like "oh that person has that armatar so if I choose it people will think I'm a copier."

I had a perfect example of this, when I went to visit Jeff1999 I saw a comment on his profile with Minotaur55 asking him why he was using his "armatar"

And Mino, I have no offence to you because I have never met you so please don't hate me. Jeff might see you as a role model or good friend, but just because he put the Minotaur armatar shouldn't give you the right to ask him why he put that armatar. He may like that armatar also.

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 2:43pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,210 posts

You're one to talk, you have Daleks armatar. xd

I think it because people like to identify those with unique armatars by those armatars, and don't like it when they find someone else with that armatar.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 2:55pm

MachineofLight

MachineofLight

280 posts

You're one to talk, you have Daleks armatar.

See what I mean? Just because he has been on AG longer than I have really? I have been wanting to have this armatar for a while now. If I were to have the long neck one would you say I have plokkey's?
Or when I unlock the 10,000 AP armatars and I want the otter, will you say I have Carlie's armatar?

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 2:58pm

MachineofLight

MachineofLight

280 posts

Just because he has been on AG longer than I have

Take that back..... I have been on 12 days more >:D

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 3:01pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

645 posts

If I were to have the long neck one would you say I have plokkey's?

The howling coyote? I've seen a few people wear that. I don't think it's associated with just one person.

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 3:25pm

zonic98

zonic98

485 posts

lolol

That's just spam, mister.

Also, it's quite stupid of Mino to say that, anyone can use what armatar he wants, it's not copyrighted to just Minotaur55. Just as only Google could use the king armatar, only nichodemus could use the gold knight-thingy and so on. (No offense to anyone, of course. )

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 3:41pm

daleks

daleks

3,226 posts

There are only so many armatars on this site. Therefore you will always have people overlapping armatars. I can see why you get used to a person having an armatar, such as mine, but get over it. People can change to whatever armatar they want.

Also from the conversation Mino was having he was joking around. Don't take everyone so seriously.

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 3:45pm

leo99rules

leo99rules

1,756 posts

Well, personally I know pretty much half of the active users by what armatar they have. It is so much easier than having to look at "xxBondiuzoxiuggdsoi" every time.

I'm going to be honest but I thought you were daleks until Jacen said you weren't. I'm just not used to more than one person having that armatar.

As to why anyone could be offended, I can understand. You feel like you own your armatar until you realise about half the community is using it.

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 3:51pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I reverted back to the ol' dino since I like it a bit and the only other person I remember seeing with it is Kirby998, but I don't know how much he is around these parts anymore. I might change it again if I make a seasonal armatar and it qualifies, or the Bunny grabs my attention again...

Haha, I remember Johnmerz always masking whatever armatar I had. It was a little annoying, but kinda funny.

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 4:14pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,528 posts

I'm going to be honest but I thought you were daleks until Jacen said you weren't.

I thought he was for a while too -_-

I've begun to associate armatars with certain people...so people taking theirs or them changing to a new armatar can confuse me a bit

-MrDayCee & Kasic - sun armatar
-MageGray - Black smiling one
-nich - golden armored one
-SSTG and Graham - Guy reading scroll
-EmperorPalpatine - the one that resembles that Star Wars villain the most
-Zophia - Praying Mantis
-Devoidless - bearded dude
-Skeleton_Pilot - Skeleton
-daleks - whatever that dinosaur is
-Jacen - headless horseman
-HahiHa - child (I think?) sitting in street with fog
-Ernie - that smiling thing...you know which one I'm talking about
-Mino - the minotaur
-AceofSky - Eagle
-Ferret - squirrel
-Salvidian - small skinny arm
-pickpocket - grim reaper
-pangtongshu - this dog thing..everyone else using it just has poorly imitated copies

Just a few

Reply to Armatar awkward moments

You must be logged in to post a reply!