ForumsThe Tavern

Armatar awkward moments

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 4:18pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,518 posts

Knight

-HahiHa - child (I think?) sitting in street with fog

I think it's Death in a foggy night with a red moon. Funny however that you associate me with this one more than the red orc. Had that one until the Halloween armatars came out.

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 5:38pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

6,015 posts

-MageGray - Black smiling one

Lets not get racist pang.

I dunno. The armatars are cool. Pretty soon you adopt them. Like daleks for example. Once he got the dino, he used it. I remember him with other ones. It was weird for a little, but now it's his thing. Same goes for Ernie. Believe it or not, he wasn't born with it on. As for me, I like the rather not-so-popular ones. Before this, I had the blue ghost. I made it mine. Everyone recognized me with it. Now I have the reaper, and people have come to recognize me with that. Remember when the Halloween armatars came out? It was crazy. Everyone left their old armatars and changed to a scary one. I saw many complaints about not recognizing people. A few weeks go by and BAM, we all know each others new face. We catch on quickly.
The only person who everyone knows here and who doesn't follow this "system" is GhostofMatrix, our friendly neighborhood armatar swapper.
It really isn't that big of a deal. I still try and pick some of the less common ones and make them my own.

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 5:51pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

900 posts

Eh, to be honest.
I don't really relate people with their armatars since most of them are generally common, the only people I can recognize by their armatars are - all the mods and Ernie.

Every other armatar I see being used excessively.

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 5:58pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Every other armatar I see being used excessively.

I've never seen anyone else with this one. Dudeguy's is pretty rare too; why wasn't he mentioned?

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 6:03pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,134 posts

Knight

I never really had an awkward moment with armatars. For a while after I picked the one I got, some people claimed I copied it from John, but I didn't get bothered with that for long.

Anyone who has the fox armatar probably got it from me. I've had it quite a while longer then other users.

I'll never forgive the users who changed their armatars over Halloween. I always associate users with their armatar, and when they were all changed overnight, I got a little frustrated because I couldn't identify others as easily, but I'm used to it now.

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 6:45pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,381 posts

Knight

I had a perfect example of this, when I went to visit Jeff1999 I saw a comment on his profile with Minotaur55 asking him why he was using his "armatar"

And Mino, I have no offence to you because I have never met you so please don't hate me. Jeff might see you as a role model or good friend, but just because he put the Minotaur armatar shouldn't give you the right to ask him why he put that armatar. He may like that armatar also.

This is the first time a person has talked or even mentioned me in a forum post. Pretty cool. Ah don't worry about it man I don't hate you. Hmm.... good friend? I never thought of it that way. Well...... maybe I was over reacting a little.... when I waged war on Jeff1999.. lol. Yes I do have to say this is the most awkward armater moment for me. I thought it was just me and goumas's thing. Well.... I guess now its myself, goumas's, and Jeff1999's thing now. Still is awkward people and it ain't gonna change!

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 7:12pm

jezz

jezz

3,394 posts

I have never ever seen my armatar being used by any other user.. Ever.

You'd think that now I've said that a ton of people are going to start using my armatar, but the joke's on you 'cause It's a girly one!

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 7:29pm

MachineofLight

MachineofLight

319 posts

:3 alrighty then, I'm happy no one hates me (or at least I don't think...)

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 7:33pm

Chemical_

Chemical_

26 posts

i need to gain some ap to get better armatars...i want to be the best of the rest
-Chemi

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 7:37pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,425 posts

Knight

I don't often see others using armatars I like, but even if I did that wouldn't affect my decision. It doesn't *belong* to them, and I don't see how it's copying (unless doing it on purpose to confuse); we have limited choices, so people are bound to use yours at some point. However I intend on keeping this one until a better seasonal/holiday one comes out.

Reply to Armatar awkward moments

You must be logged in to post a reply!