ForumsThe TavernArmatar awkward moments

154 30408
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Do any of you guys/girls feel like "oh that person has that armatar so if I choose it people will think I'm a copier."

I had a perfect example of this, when I went to visit Jeff1999 I saw a comment on his profile with Minotaur55 asking him why he was using his "armatar"

And Mino, I have no offence to you because I have never met you so please don't hate me. Jeff might see you as a role model or good friend, but just because he put the Minotaur armatar shouldn't give you the right to ask him why he put that armatar. He may like that armatar also.

• 154 Replies
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

:3 alrighty then, I'm happy no one hates me (or at least I don't think...)

Chemical_
Chemical_
26 posts
Nomad

i need to gain some ap to get better armatars...i want to be the best of the rest
-Chemi

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I don't often see others using armatars I like, but even if I did that wouldn't affect my decision. It doesn't *belong* to them, and I don't see how it's copying (unless doing it on purpose to confuse); we have limited choices, so people are bound to use yours at some point. However I intend on keeping this one until a better seasonal/holiday one comes out.

Chemical_
Chemical_
26 posts
Nomad

armatars are limited and u cant say someone *stole* your armatar. just start a conversation about *that* armatar or *all* the armatars like which one is your favorite and which ones are bad to you. that could start a friendship. it could also start some interests

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

I got a little frustrated because I couldn't identify others as easily, but I'm used to it now.

Yeah I do the same thing, I usually just get mad when people switch their armatar too often. Cause then I get really confused.

Seeing as there are a limited amount of armatars to use, it's acceptable for two people to have the same one. Even if one person has had it for a long time that doesn't make it "theirs." Sharing caring.
Chemical_
Chemical_
26 posts
Nomad

Really you shouldnt care if someone has the same armatar as you. i think the creators of armor games should let people upload armatars and send them to armor games and the creators check it to see if they like it and want to put it on the website. *hint *hint*

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

The only person who everyone knows here and who doesn't follow this "system" is GhostofMatrix, our friendly neighborhood armatar swapper.

I think you forgot me, or are my armatar changes too rare to be considered non-system? Also, Jacen96 once called me a butterfly at heart (slightly off-topic because this thread is not about user being called their armatars).

Anyway, my belief is that an armatar cannot be owned. However, if someone who has consistently had a specific armatar switched to a different one, I would have a hard time recognizing the user at first (unless it was me).
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Really you shouldnt care if someone has the same armatar as you. i think the creators of armor games should let people upload armatars and send them to armor games and the creators check it to see if they like it and want to put it on the website. *hint *hint*

Custom armatars have been suggested before, and it looks like they will be restricted to admins (who you refer to as "creators&quot. However, I agree that you shouldn't care if your armatar is not unique.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Do any of you guys/girls feel like "oh that person has that armatar so if I choose it people will think I'm a copier."

Nope, I mean.. Look at mine. xD
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I think it's Death in a foggy night with a red moon. Funny however that you associate me with this one more than the red orc

That was what I used to associate you to...but then you changed it so I had to change the association

Lets not get racist pang.

>_> You know what I meant by callin it black

It doesn't *belong* to them

Except for mine...this one belongs to me
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

this one belongs to me

You cannot claim ownership of an armatar. Also, you were not the first to use that armatar, nor are you the only one.
kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person with any activity using this armatar still...

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person with any activity using this armatar still...

I think you are correct, but you are low in activity. Also, your armatar may be made available soon as a seasonal (it looks like a Thanksgiving armatar).
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

It seems like the majority of people here are now using Halloween armatars...

Did I miss out on something good again? D:

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Did I miss out on something good again?

Seasonal armatars have returned. In fact, there is an armatar contest right now.
Showing 16-30 of 154