ForumsThe TavernArmatar awkward moments

154 30410
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Do any of you guys/girls feel like "oh that person has that armatar so if I choose it people will think I'm a copier."

I had a perfect example of this, when I went to visit Jeff1999 I saw a comment on his profile with Minotaur55 asking him why he was using his "armatar"

And Mino, I have no offence to you because I have never met you so please don't hate me. Jeff might see you as a role model or good friend, but just because he put the Minotaur armatar shouldn't give you the right to ask him why he put that armatar. He may like that armatar also.

• 154 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

You cannot claim ownership of an armatar. Also, you were not the first to use that armatar, nor are you the only one.

Patrick..haven't we been over this? -_- The others are obviously poorly imitated copies..as for the one "before" me..he obviously hacked into the system before I unveiled this armatar and then made a poorly imitated copy of his own
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I admit, I tend to associate the one I use as mine. Simply because since it is a free one you get as soon as you sign up, people move on to the others almost immediately.
So I always get confused when I see 'my' armatar next to a post I did not make. >_

Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

What do you know, I hate it when when people take my armatar too devoidless.

Quite annoying...

I haven't really found an armatar that suits me yet and I'm still changing my armatar every time I get the chance.

Not that people recognize me by my armatar anyway, but it is still nice to have your own sort of armatar that distinguishes you from everyone else.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

This is my Armatar. Whoever is using it is copying me. I'm the first, and i claim it in this thread! No one, I repeat, No One, shall have it,or if he does, he would be a copier, who copy Armatars and want to be as cool as me!

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

This is my Armatar. Whoever is using it is copying me. I'm the first, and i claim it in this thread! No one, I repeat, No One, shall have it,or if he does, he would be a copier, who copy Armatars and want to be as cool as me!

I remember Pazx used your armatar for quite a while a couple of years ago ^^
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

as for the one "before" me..he obviously hacked into the system before I unveiled this armatar and then made a poorly imitated copy of his own

Your armatar is actually an old Halloween armatar that was available in 2008 or 2009 (I don't know which because I wasn't around at that time; I narrowed it down from what I've heard about seasonal armatars). Also, check your profile for more discussion about the &quotoorly imitated copies" and your attempted ownership of the armatar you have.

[quote]This is my Armatar. Whoever is using it is copying me. I'm the first, and i claim it in this thread! No one, I repeat, No One, shall have it,or if he does, he would be a copier, who copy Armatars and want to be as cool as me!

I remember Pazx used your armatar for quite a while a couple of years ago ^^[/quote]

@xerox: You cannot own an armatar. Also, your armatar is currently not available in the control panel, so anyone who did switch to your armatar would be hacking.

@quote: I have only ever seen Pazx with the polar bear armatar.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Your armatar is actually an old Halloween armatar that was available in 2008 or 2009 (I don't know which because I wasn't around at that time; I narrowed it down from what I've heard about seasonal armatars). Also, check your profile for more discussion about the &quotoorly imitated copies" and your attempted ownership of the armatar you have.

What. A. Buzzkill.
Calm down Patrick. He knows, he is just being..... odd.
Yes pang, believe it or not, people had the armatar before you. Actually, some had it before the recent re-opening of halloween armatars.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

killersup is a thief and that's all there is to it.

but yes, i have changed/avoided using armatars because of others using it.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I have only ever seen Pazx with the polar bear armatar.

I do believe Carlie used it several years back, but, that's a while back for some to remember.

Anyhow; this was the armatar I used originally before Halloween, and haven't recently seen anyone with it.
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Patrick2011, you really seem to believe pang and xerox when they say they own their armatars. Either you're very gullible or you're actually responding with the weirdest sarcastic humour ever..

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

killersup is a thief and that's all there is to it.

No, Killersup is a murderer/rapist/theif/kitten kicker!

Anywho, Killersup does remember most users by their armartar. When sombody changes their armartar Killersup quickly becomes confused. Although he shouldn't speak, he switches them often enough :P although it seems like alot of people remembered him for his viking armartar....
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

I haven't seen anyone else using this Halloween one, even though it might change once the new seasonals come out.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Patrick2011, you really seem to believe pang and xerox when they say they own their armatars. Either you're very gullible or you're actually responding with the weirdest sarcastic humour ever..

He's the resident Captain Obvious. He is actually taking everything seriously, and will overly explain everything everyone got, for the off chance someone is taking the jokes as facts.

People can claim armatars if we ever get a custom armatar thing that isn't seasonable (but does remind of it. It was a cool idea), because then it is actually something they or their friends made for them to use.
Up until then, meh.
What people really should stop doing is thinking they have any right to determine what someone else should be wearing as their armatar, because I respond badly to such demands and will snark.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Oh yeah, Cen. Believe me, when you were a mod, I had a hard time telling you apart from Strop.

Cen = green.
Strop = orange.

I literally wrote that on my hand once.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Cen = green.
Strop = orange.

I literally wrote that on my hand once.

Behold everyone! one of the new upcoming stars of AG. Can barely tell the difference between strop and cenere....
Showing 31-45 of 154