ForumsPopular MediaWhat's Your Favorite Black and White Movie?

18 8543
thunderballtv
thunderballtv
1 posts
Nomad

I liked All Quiet on the Western Front (1930).

• 18 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Young Frankenstein is a classic... I've probably seen it at least 20 times in my lifetime and I still think it's uproariously funny!

I also love all the old Three Stooges shorts from back in the day... those cheap laughs kill me every time!

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Well it isn't really that old and technically it does have a bit of colour, but I liked Schindler's List.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

12 Angry Men...have you seen this movie?? Downright amazing.

Rakim
Rakim
143 posts
Treasurer

I haven't seen many black and white movies, but my favorite is La Haine. It isn't an old movie, but it's really good. It's French and it means 'Hate'. The way it was filmed is quite unusual. The camera doesn't move at all in many of the scenes.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

The Blind Side! Haha. Get it? Get it? No? Ok.....

I really don't know. I don't watch much blak and white movies.

spinmove
spinmove
25 posts
Nomad

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Such a great classic!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'm not much of a B&W movies but I like Young Frankenstein a lot, it's so funny but it's not really an old movie.
I like Gaslight, I watched it with my GF and we always make fun of the characters.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

The early Marx Brothers movies are great. Duck Soup and Animal Crackers are at the top of my list, in that order. The films are 80 years old and the humor can still be appreciated by anyone. Those guys were some of the greatest comedic geniuses of any era.

12 Angry Men...have you seen this movie?? Downright amazing.

I wish jury duty was as interesting as this movie makes it look.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

My mom's favorite is Casablanca, mine is probably what Skeleton said.

Young Frankenstein is a classic... I've probably seen it at least 20 times in my lifetime and I still think it's uproariously funny!

~~~Darth Caedus
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Charlie Chaplin's City Lights

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

-metropolis 1926
-citizen kane 1941
-angels whit dirty faces 1938
-sunset boulevard 1950
-sin city 2005

i might come back for more latter. these i remember by name. others i would have to seek the name. but these 5 are the best i know. and the best of the best would be "citizen kane 1941"

enjoy.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Charlie Chaplin's City Lights

I also like it. I think it's great. Charlie Chaplin's films are probably my favourite ones. They're really, really fun.
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

I don't really have a favourite black and white movie, because to be honest I only really like the new block buster movies (like The Avengers, and The Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and Saving Private Ryan etc...). However if I had to choose a favourite black and white movie it would definitely be Citizen Kane. It was a pretty good drama film.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i should add a great detective to my list.

- **** tracy meets gruesome 1947

the old **** tracy's are all good if you like detectives. (their not like the new cheesy shurlock. that movie really sucks)
but i enjoyed this one most.

@ von
i think you will like sin city aswell

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

"d!ck tracy"

Showing 1-15 of 18